1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Relic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 14, 2007.

Star Relic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 14, 2007.

1. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Yea, and then you eat the salad, but because its rotten you start hurling like crazy.

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

trust me theres only one or two guy whos doing it, and they are worth fighting. this guy needs to learn hes lessons not only me. hes a pushover, and im not someone he can just bully (hey pick someone else, maybe someone whos as smart a** as you). im not spamming, and i am not spamming for the minerals. i gamble a lot. :)

anyway thanks. il keep that in mind and hope this would be my last hate post :powerup:

ok il try to that.
    but wait hes throwing bombs and knives. :powerup:

3. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Swallow those instead, and voila! Your problems will be solved in this forum. :)

4. Honus

Honus New Member

I'm kind of concerned about the fusion beam attack. If it's a special ability of the star relic, then I'm fine with it. However, if this attack is the default attack of the star relic then it sounds kinda overpowered, especially if it is indeed as "powerful" as described in the article. Having 2 or 3 relics (which probably wouldn't be too hard to get if the game gets that far up the tech tree) focusing on one target would probably have a high chance of killing the target with one of them (especially if the player is half-decent at micro) and cause a chain reaction of kills from exploding units weakening others to the point of being easily killed by the star relics (think necromancer's corpse explosion from D2).

Of course if it winds up not going that way then all my worrying shall be for nought.

5. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh the attack might not be as powerful as you think. maybe the star relic has a long cooldown rate. maybe it takes a long time for that weapon to charge up. maybe the star relic is expensive as hell.

so in conclusion, things will balance out somehow.

and in my opinion it replaces the arbiter since they are both the only protoss air units with its main purpose is its special abilities (spells) and cloaking field.

6. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

On the page 6 scan, you can clearly see that the Star Relic is a flying unit. With the unit/building cloaking abilities, its simple to deduce that the Star Relic IS replacing the Arbiter, as the basic Protoss flying spellcaster.

7. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

Yep it's true, the only thing i hope to see now are the Dark Templars!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. paragon

paragon Guest

I thought this was pretty obvious for a while now.

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea the article was leaked like last week

the dark templar is here too... try reading the article. It's posted on the homepage of this site.

10. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Eh, even before the all this, it seemed somewhat obvious that the Arbiter was being replaced. Phase Prism I was guessing was taking the place of its recall and from the leaked vid, you could see that either the High Templar or the Twilight Archon was taking its place by using Stasis Field. The only iffy part was wether the Star Relic was showing up to take its place as the cloaker, which we can see now is most likely true.

By God I hope we still have Dark Archons though! :good:

11. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

not likely sounds like tha twilights are the new dark and light archon so to speak :p

12. paragon

paragon Guest

Which means they have to be better than both archons combined. Power of the Archon with Spells of the Dark Archon?

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Both of them combined?!?! That'd be like Jesus coming back to earth :p

14. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

*cough* offensive *cough* anyways NOOOO MY BEAUTIFUL ARBS T_T

15. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

I was surprised to read something to the effect that the Twilight Archons are the "regular" Archons. They could however have accidentally mis-reported it.

16. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Pretty obvious, hence "the final nail in the coffin". I mean it was easy to speculate that their was no more arbiters, but once you know the Star Relic is flying, spell casting, cloaking protoss ship...well it just speaks for itself.

17. SuperMarioPsycho

SuperMarioPsycho New Member

dont say the nail in the coffin, i dont like the arbiter being dead. :upset:

18. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Not to bright, are you?

19. Delolith

Delolith Guest

The High templar have two abilities (according to the scans)

Psi Storm, and some new ability that works like Stasis from the Arbiter, but also can be used to block things (like a wall)
    Im gona miss hallucination. :(

20. coalescence

coalescence New Member

95% of the people here already figured that out. The fact that you spam this forum with topics filled with obvious stuff or thing already discussed is starting to annoy me. You could have used the arbiter topic or the star relic topic (which was all about it replacing the arbiter) for this.... *cough* 'revelation'. You arent really new to the forum too, so you should have known that.

Quite the hypocrite eh?