1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalkers!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 31, 2007.

Stalkers!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 31, 2007.

1. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

An Observer would be more "plausible", but if you would just hide in a trash can or something, it would be all over.

<_<

>_>

Do you ever get the feeling that you're being watched?

2. Well remeber when the guy said nothing hear will be final? ??? so the stalkers might be cloaked like ghost for a short period of time. you never know

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

An interest idea (to me), but a very unlikely one.

It's perma-cloaked until it blinks, attacks, or is attacked....

Would live up to it's name then.

4. Gold

Gold New Member

or jsut put their attack range longer that the other players line of sight, so the shots are always coming out of the fog, but when you get close theve blunked away, and nothing is there

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Yeah, that's just cheap.

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Stalkers have separate attack cooldowns for its ground and air attacks. Lovely.

7. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I didn't know that. Did you get it from the gameplay trailer? ???

8. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Watch the demo again. You'll notice it now that it's pointed out.

I've wondered why stalkers had two weapon upgrade icons in the UI unit info window even though their air and ground attacks looked the same, but I guess this is why.

I started a thread to post my initial observations on the gamefaqs SC2 forum right after I first watched the demo vid, but multiple haters shot me down right away. So I stopped trying to look for details, but now that I watch again I'm seeing some more stuff. Gamefaqs forums have such a bad community...

9. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Yeah, they're reallllll cool! ^_^

But I think I'll be making 10 buildings that make the Colosus and spam building 'em with operation cwal! ;)

10. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

What does your post have to do with Stalkers?

11. jamaylott

jamaylott New Member

60 shields and 120 hp you say?

Id rather see those two almost reversed? that way tanks would blitherate them, but a stalker could easily blink back to the rarely used SHEILD GENERATOR on a nearby cliff or something, remember that spiderweb looking structure no one EVER FUCKING USED.

Also, id like to see the blink range extended EVER SO slightly. anyone else?

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

We used Shield Batteries so rarely that Blizzard will probably not even include them in Sc2, so the Stalkers would just have to blink up a cliff or something for safety.

13. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Although Protoss shield does have its merits, I believe for just all around goodness, it's better that a Toss unit not have more shield than at most a 1:1 ratio to HP.

Having more HP than shield of course means there is a larger pool of health that can never be regained.  However, the more shield a Toss unit has the scarier EMP is. A couple well placed EMPs could spell huge disadvantage for Toss if the units all had big shield small HP.  As primary ground-to-air for Toss, stalkers would likely play a role later in the game to be meeting science vessels as well.

Shield also takes full damage from all attack types.  This is a greater factor if stalkers end up being medium units, but less of a factor if they are large units.

And shield batteries really should not be a factor cuz hardly anybody use it in multiplayer, ever.

14. Gold

Gold New Member

i think sheild batterys are gone then, they seem to be taking away "fringe units" things that are barley used, probably becuase there a counter to something that is also barley used, so by spreading out the roles I.E. the collsus/mother ship/warp ray taking the roles carrier/reaver.

The game will become strategically more well rounded better than starcraft.

all of this is WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

15. paragon

paragon Guest

16 Stalker hits took down a BC

edit: originally accidentally wrote 6 not 16

16. wuffle

wuffle Member

The tall building you guys were talking aboutwas probably a Star Relic, but maybe that's a unit. Lol. Oh well.

17. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

Star Relic is a unit, and Reavers are coming back.

Did six shots really take out a BC? Thats like.... 80+ dmg a shot(forgot new BC health). Why didnt they pwn reapers in 1 hit?

Cant you blink anywhere you can see- as in, as long as its one screen distance or less away from the Stalker? Thats a really good distance. Making it longer is creating cross-map teleportation, which is kind of cheap if there arent strict rules(such as warp-in) to limit its use.

18. paragon

paragon Guest

woh sorry big typo. That should be 16 not 6.

As for the blink, I think its short range, not a whole screen length.

19. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Nope. The Reavers are clearly still in the game. Their is one featured at the end of the new video.

20. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Privatejoker, The Reavers are clearly out of the game and replaced by a much cooler unit. At least the build I spent 16 hours playing. Altough it’s not the “Final Build†to put them back in they would have to remove one of the most fun units the Dev tem has come up with yet, the Colossus. Unless they want redundant units.
    As for the blink capabilities it is plenty useful now, like change the course of the game useful if used effectively. This quickly has become my favorite ground unit and the main stay of the force. Its like flying in skips and jumps with a modest cool down time so while the other units are targeting you can be blinking somewhere else used in mass this gets very confusing to the ai of the enemy requiring massive micro on their part just to keep up. Jumping over barriers in to the back of an opponent’s base is just one perk. I found blink highly effective when used against the hard hitting units that take a while to target and fire like the battle cruisers with torpedoes, the Thor’s long range attack, the Colossus, psionic storm and even siege tanks. It jumps about a third of the screen, that’s plenty far.
    About the shield battery I was wishing for that the whole time, mostly for the Colossi and carriers but I could see how that might make for an unfair advantage, especially with the capital units.