1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalkers!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 31, 2007.

Stalkers!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by PeterPetreli, May 31, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    While zealots are good for what they are early-game no doubt, Toss has never had a unit to fit the role of fast harassment. And by harassment, I mean hit-and-run while avoiding head on confrontation. Zerg and Terran have mutas and vultures for the job, bypassing a lot of the defensive force to go pick off workers. A player with pretty good micro could keep this up all day while constantly avoiding ur troop, quite the annoyance tactic.

2. mc2

mc2 New Member

Zealots are SUPERB against marines, they can be fast too once upgraded, marines can't do much damage on them and they can always run back into the base to the shield battery.

a real good harrasement unit for the toss would be a speed upgrade for high templar :D

3. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Nobody's mentioned Reapers and Colossi as the new harassment units... I can tell that Reapers are really gonna leave a mark in the enemy base, ending the game in 15 minutes for experts! ;D

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I believe Reapers will pick up the role of Vultures nicely, high mobility in the form of terrain crossing in place of high ground movement speed. I can already picture a bunch of em flying over the cliff dual pistolling my drones to death while doing their little tap dances.

The colossi on the other hand, this is just speculation, but I imagine they'd be fairly late in the tech tree. Even if they were only early tier 2 tech, they'd be facing every attack type and all the anti-air towers. Not to mention their gargantuan physique wouldn't make it the easiest thing to quietly sneak them up to an enemy base. But the possibilities out there consider how quickly and easily they'd fry little workers like those blue zapper things popping mosquitos. I can definitely see where you're coming from on that.

5. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Yup, they all play different roles but their ability to cross terrain at will is what their strategy is all based on. If you sneak 3 Colossi into an enemy base, the workers are surely done for. :D

6. TheDarkTemplar

TheDarkTemplar New Member

I would lack all respect for someone that allowed three Colossi into their base! I mean the way SC2 is going you cannot leave ANY area of your base exposed, so in a late game I'd be stocking up on static defence!

7. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It would be a good anti-Colos tactic for zerg to strategically place Blings at the edges of their base, for quick and easy demolition. Or, they could massacre them with Lurkers. :p Terrans got tanks with range, but the splash damage could hurt too much. Protoss have got... um... Photon Cannons? ;D

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Reavers. I don't care what you say, they'll keep the Reavers!

*Goes into a rant then collapses crying*

9. TheDarkTemplar

Reavers + Colossi = bye-bye enemy ground forces.

10. mc2

mc2 New Member

The biggest splash damage of any race is of course the nuke.
    The Protoss should have something similar. Maybe a super charged psionic storm?

11. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Psionic... Hurricane? ??? If a "Phase Prism making a power field and summoning units right next to it, the units subsequently damaging the enemy units" counts as splash damage, then the 'toss have got it pretty good. ;D

12. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Not really about the Toss version of nuke, but I wouldn't mind seeing a version of chain lighting in SC2 as long as Zerg doesn't have it. But I wouldn't want it to look like long zappy ropes like in WC3 but more like a short bolts of lighting passing through units at a really high speed.

13. TheDarkTemplar

I don't like the idea of a Protoss nuke either, and I'm confident Blizzard won't give them one for the simple reason they want three different yet balanced races! Can't wait to see the new Terran and Zerg units.

14. mc2

mc2 New Member

The mothership's special abilities is similar to those of a nuke.
    Recently there's this new "extra tall protoss structure" discovered, maybe it will have similar abilities too?

15. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Psionic storm is the greatest spell ever devised for Protoss. It can wipe the floor with most things. Maybe those tall towers are Psi Storm towers.

But why are we talking about this? What's this got to do with Stalkers?

16. Gold

Gold New Member

because if you disagree, then jsut beware, you may be stalked, stalking you11!!!!!11!!!1!!1!!

17. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Stalkers don't have a cloaking ability, so their name doesn't give them justice.
    They should be Harassers.

18. Gold

Gold New Member

imagine youre walking down a street, and you can hear footsteps behind you, but everytime you turn around there is no one there, blink 4tw

19. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

And while they're not there you could just hide somewhere and because they weren't there, they couldn't see where you hid, and they can't risk looking for you else they'll blow their cover. ;)

20. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Unless you have a commander with top-down view ;)