1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalker vs Immortal

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 3, 2007.

Stalker vs Immortal

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 3, 2007.

1. shadow

shadow New Member

the immortal would own the stalker in an instant.
    i am not saying that the stalker is a poor fighter but the immortal is the dragoon replacement, and everyone knows that the dragoon is a devestating weapon.

the immortal is grate in the last time of a game. then everyone have battlecrusiers and stuff. and the immortal would seam cheep at that stage.
    slow firerate? just add some more immortals to your attack force
    and if you are having truble with its speed then put it in a shuttle/phase prisme

the immortal must be one of starcraft 2s best creations had it not replaced the almighty dragoon.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

no the immortal is the storyline replacement. the stalker is the functional replacement. Look how fast the stalkers take down a battlecruiser. And that was just three of them. Stalkers will cost less than immortals so you would always be able to build more of them. And they won't activate the immortals heavy shield so stalkers will blink in, rape them, and blink out.

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

stalkers could be useful to soak up damage too

think about it, if you have a few dozen stalkers in a battle first, they have enough firepower to take out plenty of units before they come close to dieing, then you blink them behind the fresh troops, twilight archons and soul hunters and the like.

4. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I think the stalkers would be better fighters because of their blink ability

If an enemy army is retreating because of heavy losses, blink the stalker into the group and watch the enemy fall, the stalker would also be good to attacking separated units and for raiding resource bases they may have on the map

when reinforcements arrive, just blink out of sight and harass them somewhere else

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Neither is better than the other. They are usefull in different situtions

6. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    guess your correct but the issue will be how many times each useful situation will actually occur in battle; whether that be against computers or people

on battle.net, some situations occur much more often than others so experience and strategy will determine which unit will be a better idea to produce in each game against each opponent

another situation would be if your fighting a Korean. In that case, it won't matter because you're already as good as dead :(

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i think the immortal will only have a limited use, it can't attack air and its expensive. the stalkers will be used much more as they are good in all situations, dragoon was widely used in sc1, stalker is like dragoon with blink on top, making it even more versatile

8. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I agree the added blink ability add to the effectiveness of the stalker in combat whether that is chasing fleeing troops or to blink behind the enemy to surround them

and the AA will help the protoss who aren't known for excellent AA capabilities

9. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I love that idea. Makes me want to try it, imagine a front line of Stalkers ripping through enemy forces. When low HP, blink behind immortals and zealots. Or perhaps, you can send in zealots on other melee units, then use stalkers to sandwich them.

10. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I think that was the main idea behind the ability blink, to sandwich the enemy so there is no escape

"Death by the blades of Aiur"

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Oh, I saw their original purpose as a unit that can chase down fleeing units. But I guess that can go into the same section.

12. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

immortals sound to me like shock troops, to use when the enemy has a wall of siege tanks or such

13. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Immortals are like smaller versions of Thors.

14. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Kinda true actrully , and immortal's can attack air unit's , because they just look like the unit that can and it's a good GTA sort of unit (GTA = Ground to Air) :)

15. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Yes. For now, I don't see the Immortal having a severe weakness except for the fact that it's kinda slow-moving.

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    But it gets defeated easily by fast ground troops like marines and zealots

17. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

One thing that seems to be left out here is that the Stalker and Immortal likely deal different kinds of damage. The Immortal seems to deal explosive damage, or at least something that works well against large units, but not against small units. It was the same with the dragoon and marines in the original Starcraft.

The Stalker, on the other hand seems to be dealing normal damage, as evidenced by how easily it took out those Zerglings and Reapers. (I tend to like normal damage better, as in the original Starcraft that was the best damage type--but, as in WC3, they may change things so that normal is still a good damage type but not indisputably the best.)

That's another thing to consider about the value of each unit.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Also what units your enemy is producing so you can balance out your forces of immorals vs. stalkers to meet the threat you are currently facing

19. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

it cannot attack air

20. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah it may look like a spider but doesn't mean it will move as fast as a spider , and I still beleive that they will be able to attack air! , reaper's will own the immortal's so that's a good counter attack :)