1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

?

What's the maximum number of votes?

1. Max

72 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Min

28 vote(s)
    28.0%

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'm from Utah damnit, I'll pronounce things however I like

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Hiking the New Mexico wilderness for 12 days, brb.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Come visit me, I'm closeish.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

IIRC EMR is european. Close has a different meaning here.

will you visit area 51?

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    DNF came out and the world didn't explode yet? I am dissapoint

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

8. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Is there something like NoScript for chrome?

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

10. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Seems to be working so far, thanks

Stupid FF update that broke FF >.>

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

The defendant has been declared guilty of crimes against humanity and the world on which we live by an unanimous vote. Me and the other judges conferred, and decided to pass the death sentence on the defendant. Canada, you will be executed october 26th.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Anyone mind if I go on a rant against a certain comic story (ultimate x-men 93-97)?

Too late.

Dear Aron E. Coleite. You managed to point out the stupidity of your own plot, yet you went through with it anyway. The entire point of the ultimate marvel setting is that everyone is trying to create a super-soldier drug. This means that no efficient way of making super-humans exists. Giant-man is somewhat of an exception to this rule, but his powers are not good for large-scale combat. The US government has killed hundreds over the course of the past year (not the mention the three-hundred deaths resulting from the hulk incident, but that one wasn't sanctioned.) testing out different versions of the super-soldier serum. The invaders coalition killed and maimed thousands of their own soldiers with the power-enhancement suit. Up in Russia, there is an entire underground city filled with insane gibbering experimental subjects, resulting from their cold war experiments. And now you mean to tell me that:
    1. There is an easy to produce super-soldier drug.
    2. This drug not only gives powers to normal humans, it also elevates mutants to godlike power-levels.
    3. The russian mob has enough of the stuff to sell it to random teenagers on the street.
    4. This drug has existed for at least a dozen years.
    5. This drug does not have any obvious side-effects.
    And everyone still keeps killing their own civilians in an effort to create new super-soldiers? The government houses all the smart kids in a single building in an effort for them to create weapons to fight super-people (origin of the fantastic four, iron man, dr Doom, Rhona the mad thinker, dr molevic and war machine)? The US government spends trillions in an attempt to harness even the weakest super-power (origin of giant-man, hawk-eye, the hulk, the red skull, wolverine, sabretooth, nightcrawler, rogue, nerd hulk, arachnid, the second war machine and the new black widow)? Oscorp, Roxxon and Hammercorp held a secret war on the streets of New York, trying to beat the others in a superhuman arms race to get government contracts (origin of spider-man, the green goblin, hobgoblin, demigoblin, dr octopus, the shocker, electro, sandman, kraven and vulture)? The people of krakatoa were willing to destroy their own bodies in an attempt to fight mutants (origin of deadpool)? The canadian government experimented on civilians to create a race of superbeing (origin of the mutants (x-men, morlocks, brotherhood of mutants, etc.))? Dynacorp was so desperate for a way to create super-humans that they tried to weaponize the cure for cancer (origin of venom)? There is not a single main character, with the sole exception of hawkeye, in the entire ultimate marvel universe whose backstory still makes sense after this revelation.

Then, your story depends on there being an unknown team of super-heroes with god-like abilities, who never appeared during either the Chitauri invasion, the attacks by Gah Lak Tus, the three times magneto attempted to destroy the world, the invader attack on America (and the subsequent counter-attack by all american and european heroes). This super-team is canadian and consists solely of mutants and, despite the fact that Canada has been established as one of the hotbeds of racism against mutants, is its national team. For some reason, neither the x-men or brotherhood have heard of this group, despite them pretty much visiting every single mutant on the planet. Even if they hadn't, the amount of public super-hero teams in the world can be counted on one hand (ultimates, fantastic four, x-men and the european defence initiative), so it seems ridiculous that they never even heard of this group.

And that's just the premise. The story itself is equally bad in continuity. One panel has colossus addressing the team, advising them to use the drug as well, since it would make them strong enough to take on any enemy. He then leaves, followed by cyclops, who agrees to join him. Colossus then shows him his team of new drug-powered mutants, consisting entirely of people who heard of the idea at the same time as cyclops, yet were shown just sitting there when cyclops followed colossus.

And there is the stupid, stupid morale. Drugs are bad, because when you overdose, there are side-effects. Even if these drugs have no side-effects when properly dosed and can help save the world. No, it's bad because they are drugs! Giving a kid drugs to give him control over his powers, which kill anyone close to him, is bad, because it's a drug! Instead, we should just kill him! HURRAY!

13. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Jiff, seriously, get a job. You'll burn your free time and will be able to save up for a new computer and/or SC2 or anything you want since you don't have expenses as a minor.

14. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    nonono don't!
    Once you do you'll never have free time again ever

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

I have a job. I build girders. The job doesn't have regular hours though; I usually work 4-5 hours a day, 3 days a week.

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

17. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    My stream is shaping nicely... the design is nearing completion and today I had several viewers that weren't my mates :D
    Feel free to check it out via the link in my sig. I'm in the process of establishing a policy for the naming of previous broadcasts (e.g., marking English videos, distinguishing between ladder and custom) to make their viewing more convenient for as many visitors as possible.

Some feedback would be nice :)

18. Mona

Mona Guest

I'm new to This forum
    I'm so lucky to find this awesome site
    it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

*looks at above poster*

*thinks long and hard about a proper answer*

*consults the manual of verbosity*

*employs a team of writers*

*creates a virtual universe with the sole purpose of finding the ideal answer*

yo.

20. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same voice actor.

Whaaaaa