1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

Dragoons didnt get "pwnd" by everything... I don't know what game you were playing but they're really good...

2. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

dragoons got pwned by siege tanks, that's about it

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Yeah, and all ground units died if they got in range of siege tanks.

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Goons weren't too hot going up against lings. They were my least favorite of all air attacking ranged ground units(hydra, marine, goliath).

But you shouldn't have just goons anyway, there are plenty other Toss units for taking care of lings. Goons were important to Toss and generally useful, it's their pathing A.I. that was pathetic.

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Dragoons I find to be weak against Carriers, Siege Tanks, Battlecruisers, Reavers, Ultralisks, and Zerglings.

Now if only they didn't move like a grandma on steroids with one blind eye.

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea if you micro goons right, they are really good especially against battlecruisers, ultralisks, and goliaths. However they are mostly for support and anti-air anyways.

7. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

dragoons were good for the amount of minerals it cost to build, but they did not live up to the fluff...

8. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

It was how you used them in combination that made Dragoons effective. They really can be deadly depending on how you use them.

9. DontHate

DontHate New Member

in terms of looks i meant.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

Well you gotta put zealots with goons. If you don't you're just asking for it.

11. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Dragoons USED to be one of the worst units in the game. I can't remember which patch overhauled them, but they used to be almost useless. They used to be LARGE, making it almost impossible to move them through areas that weren't VERY wide open, their attack range was shorter, their build time longer, they cost I believe 175 minerals, their attack damage was a different damage type, making them useless against alot of basic unit types. The range was so bad and their pathing and size so terrible, that they were barely effective against air. Dragoons used to be one of the worst units in the game. Protoss players would never make them, and relied exclusively on Zealots for the bulk of their army. After this less than fond history of the Dragoon, I personally DID NOT CARE AT ALL that they were being removed from the game.

12. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

aracgoonphoebia :O

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I remember when dragoons sucked but that was a long time ago. This was when I would zealot rush and make sure they didn't get air.

14. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Wait, is the soul hunter is officially in the Protoss Units ?? :) thanks just asking :)

15. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

No. I belive it was taken out. It looks like a necrin destroyer with a dark templar sort of look. I think it looks kinda lame and unoriginal for the protoss. The current list of units for protoss is : zealot, stalker, immortal, high templar, dark templar, twilight archon, observer, phase prism, colossus, pheonix, warp ray, carrier and mothership (probe as builder). so there is no soulhunter (thank God) and no reaver (it was a verry dumb unit and i think a new artillery unit would be good) and no tempest (replaced by the carrier - basicly a reskined tempest).

16. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Thanks for that Information my Friend :) :powerup: ^_^

17. Anubis_theDark

you're welcome :)

18. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

the soul hunter is waaaaay gone now... i skiped a couple pages n thought this thread just got off topic (which it did)

but any ways the goons owned if they were fully uped, they did full dmg to everything, had a pretty long range and were pretty cheap to build, as long as they were backed up with zlots they could put up a fight

about the stalkers, i like them more then the goons... i imagine that they will be good against short ranged units like unupgrade rines, their blink ability rocks (hands down ownes) and if they keep the reavers they are gonna be fun to micro,

do the carriers now have the cool shields that the tempests had? i think they should just because it makes them more unique (but only if it requires an upgrade to get it), also if the scourges (the 'carrier killers') return it will be even more important to keep em around

i like the idea of a 'telsacoil' or a static ground defense for the terran that didnt take up population... its not so bad late game but its kinda annoyin in the beginning of the game

cant wait to see zerg!!!

19. Anubis_theDark

From what i know the tempest harden shield only worked against grount to air attacks ... so the scourge is out. About the defence structures ..indeed each specie needs some defences ... not to encourage turtleing but to put some tactics and strategy in the game. Haveing only those lame cannons/bunkers/colonies(in they remain) makes it verry easy for an attacker to win (we all know the carrier/battlecrusisser/hydra overwhelmin of the enemy). Warcraft had tactics with it's different attack types and armors and good defences. Starcraft remains a game were most of the time numbers count (i know about the psy storm or plague but belive me there are many ways to run)

20. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    @ Anubis_theDark, you left out the Stasis Orb.  But most people want it scrapped in favor of bringing back Star Relic anyway, so hopefully Protoss will get Star Relic instead of Stasis Orb in an upcoming build of the game.

Actually, the dragoon dealt explosive damage, not normal damage.  Meaning the dragoon's damage was reduced by as much as 50% in many cases.  There is a long list of units that the dragoon deal reduced damage against.