1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

If you think about it, it fits into the whole psionic energy idea, especially consider these units are probably Dark protoss units, it really does make sense that these Protoss would use the psionic energy, or souls of their enemies for power.

2. Zombine

Zombine New Member

It isnt even necessarily a soul, because blizzard wouldn't want to turn it into a religious debate, its just bad PR

3. wuffle

wuffle Member

I don't know WHY people are making such a big deal about it. "OH NO IT SUCKS SOULS. OH NO ITS ON A HOVERBOARD... THAT'S GAY! I'M NOT GONNA BUY SC2 NOW!" Boo Hoo. DON'T buy the game then if you don't like one unit, I will be fine without you. Besides what is so bad about sucking souls. I was playing Sc the other day and was looking at my kills on one unit and I thought to myself, "wouldn't that be cool if this number mattered?" Well now it does, and I'm happy. And I think the unit is perfect for the Protoss. Following the events of Brood War, they aren't the little, happy, "let's be all righteous" people from SC. Times have changed. And desperate times call for desperate measures.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

and soul hunter happens to be a desperate created units. anyway i hope they should just improvise the model of the soul hunters, cause they look like their stuck on their hoverboard and moves plain and stiff.

5. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

Protoss dont use other people's psionic energy. They use their own, and the energy that Aiur and Shakuras 'radiate', at least as far as I understand(I never paid much attention to Toss). Sucking the souls of terrans and zerg and using them just seems like something those egotistic, purer-than-thou templars would never, ever do. They consider the other races base and evil, right? So wouldnt contaminating their own machines of war with the essences of the other races be foul as well?

I mean, I'd love the idea of 'experience'- kills equal bonuses- since it fits well with their warrior caste system, but sucking souls just seems like the wrong angle for Blizzard to take.

6. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Your right, the "good" Protoss wouldn't. However the Khala Protoss have been exterminated by the Zerg, and the only major faction of the Protoss that still exists largely is the dark or "evil" Protoss. Exploiting their enemies psionic energy seems like a very reasonable strategy for the Dark Protoss.

7. wuffle

wuffle Member

Thank you to Joker for telling him how it is. =D

8. coalescence

coalescence New Member

They should be sucking psi and not souls, would make it a whole lot more plausible.

9. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

so like just say
    soul hunting = killing things
    hoverboards = gay oh well

10. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

The Dark Templars arent evil- they were banned for their ways, yes, but they werent actually evil or wrong. They had radically different ideas, but didnt commit atrocities against fellow Protoss- just against their customs.

What I'm saying is, they're still Protoss. They still think Protoss>All. It just doesnt fit that, different strategies or no, any Protoss would want to rely on humans or, even worse, the zerg, for power.

Changing this concept to an XP thing, or some kind of veteran status, would be alright, since that fits with Toss. Stealing souls from the Zerg just.... doesnt.

11. coalescence

coalescence New Member

"Your souls will be sucked, resistance is futile"

12. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i'd rather have soul hunters then reapers.

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I'd rather the soul hunter just walked around with its big soul stealing gun and didn't use that stupid hover board. And the soul part sounds dumb. Protoss have nothing to do with souls whether they be dark or not. Soul Hunter sounds like an Undead unit and this isn't WarCraft.

14. Zombine

Zombine New Member

your phrase was corrected because the borg dont suck

15. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha yea, but hey you never know, they could change the name or take the unit out. However, it could be how the dark protoss run things. I mean if you look at the dark archon... they have mind control. That's somewhat like taking someone soul :D

16. paragon

paragon Guest

Sorta but its more like taking someone's mind. As if they were controlling their mind... hmm.
    Anyways, I'll draw a picture of what I think Soul Hunters should look like. And I shall call them... Phantoms

Edit: just a real quick sketch thing of said Phantom:

17. mc2

mc2 New Member

Nice artwork paragon :) yeah you're right, the "soul" part of the soul hunter sounds dumb. As well some units don't have a soul.

18. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha nice pic paragon. i'm just glad it doesnt have a hoverboard ^_^

:powerup:

19. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    agree, they shouldn't be able to harm Zerg. Or buildings...

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

twilight hunter.