1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Associate

Associate New Member

interesting, a weapon that gets more powerful after absorbing souls from fallen enemy units, I wonder if this apply also to the zerg

2. Gold

Gold New Member

of course not, zerg dosnt have any souls111!!!11!1111111!!!!!!!!!!

3. SmirkySmirker

SmirkySmirker New Member

is it just me or do those things look friggin lame?

HOVERBOARDS?

FOR PROTOSS?

that is SO not cool of blizzard. if they keep this in there it will make me very very sad.

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Hoverboards?? Dude...it sounds like the Protoss version of Hobgoblin  :-\ The protoss don't seem like the very soul sucking type...it sounds very WoWish

5. SmirkySmirker

SmirkySmirker New Member

indeed, if bliz doesnt take this out RIGHT NOW ALONG WITH THE MOTHERSHIP AND THE MARINE SHIELDS AND THE ZEALOTS RUNNING EXACTLY LIKE DEMONHUNTERS AND THE GAY LIFELESS FLOATING ANIMATIONS OF THE SPACESHIPS AND THE HORRIBLE WARCRAFT 3 LIKE JUNGLE TERRAIN

im going to be mad.

6. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

anyone here know Halo 2? the soul hunters look EXACTLY like grunts on hovering surfboards xP

7. Caravela

Caravela Guest

i agree on this unit overall LACK OF TASTE, i hope it gets replaced or something..it doesnt fit

8. Bullet101

Bullet101 New Member

I have to agree that this unit is bad. I really don't think it should be in SC2, but I trust Blizzard will make it a good game even if they decide to keep it.

9. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    its like it was just randomly thought of and put in there

10. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

Have you all looked at the HD vid of this?? ok so we can say the dark templar are taking over protoss but the guy on that hover board doesnt look like a forsaken protoss they head is all wrong. It just doesn't look right.. I dont like this unit... and hover boards just dont seem like a protoss thing to do.

And sucking souls??? i dont remember zeratual saying anything about his forsaken protoss being able to eat souls. this is stupid. the only difference from protoss and forsaken protoss is there armour and technology.. then life form (protoss) still looks the same.. but not in the case of this unit.. looks like nether and i hate it lots

11. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

Also did anyone notice that some had a higher concentrated beam then others, it would appear they do more damage, i closely looked at this and found that one of them changed the strength of the beam after killing. So it would seem they get a damage bonus after getting a number of kills(souls), Hence the name i guess.

The more i see of this game the less i am starting to want it.. To much has changed and that unit has spoiled it for me... it looks stupid and just isn't protoss like. i didn't even realise it was on a board at first, i thought it was a robot unit.

12. SmirkySmirker

SmirkySmirker New Member

we should do a petition to fire whoever came up with the ideas of motherships and soul hunters, and marine shields. and battlecruisers lasers shooting off to the side, and the gay animation of the phoenix overcharge attack, and the way the zealots run like demonhunters.

13. bazzwano

bazzwano New Member

I must admit, i didnt like the mother ship or the shealds eather because:

Mothership. SC isnt about realy big special units like this... but despite what ppl say i see no reason why i carnt lock it down because its not a hero so i think its ok now but would rather not have it, ill get use to it.

Terran shealds.. Shealds are old school, like the time of knights and kings. THEY ARE PRIMITIVE. and armour upgrade does not need this... BLIZZARD, do what dawn of war dark crusade did to show the armor upgrade, put a symble of the unit armour or something.

Soul hunters.. BAD BAD Concept. 1: silly hover board 2: strange looking charicter on the hoverB 3: the weapon looks crap especially when it hasn't received a bonus. 4: soul stealing is stupid and not a protoss or forsaken protoss thing to do.

THIS ACTULY MAKES ME RECONSIDER BUYING SC2 im still happy playing the original online

14. Bullet101

Bullet101 New Member

The Mothership is only making Starcraft more what it is if you think about it. Each race being it's own thing.

About the shields, it's an easy cheap, effective way to add a bit of armor.

Soul Hunters, I just don't like them.

15. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

I meant that the Necrons' weapons did not get a nonlinear attack bonus for attacking en masse, not that their beams actually combined. The Ghostbusters comment is now obsolete, however. I thought they were actually combining when I said it.

I cant believe that Blizzard is going to do something this... well, un-starcraft-ish. Sucking souls? It seems too stereotypical, too.... done before. You know? Not at all original or Protoss-esque.

16. SmirkySmirker

SmirkySmirker New Member

yeah i think they probably aren't using the original starcraft team anymore

i wonder how many actually lasted this long and are still with the company?

17. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

Its very new, and you aren't used to it. Trust me, I am a huge Starcraft fan, but if you saw many units for the same time in original SC, they look pretty stupid. Like the Mutalisk and his...PENIS TONGUE!?Q!?

18. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

lol the mutalisk did look pretty dumb, actually alot of the zerg units didnt look anything like what blizzard wanted them to becuase of the technology at the time

19. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

No kidding! The new unit designs are killer, are in a sense like the original units except envisioned with more detail, and more fluid animation. Your just so used to the familiarity of the classic. This one will grow on you, most of the hype behind new Blizzard games usually is an understatement.....!!!!

20. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    See, its not the Soul Hunter that bugs me, I'm open to the new abilities of these units, what bugs me is the fact that they suck souls; this concept stems away from Protoss and more to WoW imo