1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Don't think hp will really work. I think its more like; the beam they use to attack combines making individual weapons stronger.. And maybe its like that if there much together they get an aura that they get damaged more quickly.

2. Gold

Gold New Member

they seem really odd to me, they can take out buildings really fast (like the comand center) and they can also take out infantary pretty easily, so i guess there qeakness must be in thier lack of numbers I.E. they are high up the tech tree, and they must cost alot and take ages to build/upgrade something along those lines makes sence

3. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Crap, I tried to make a screenshot of the HD movie to show the fusing beams but if I take a screenshot of a HD movie the screen becomes black when I paste it into paint shop... wtf.

4. Associate

Associate New Member

could be like the weapon from the warp rays which increasingly becomes more powerful the longer they fire at a single target

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

According to the pc gamer article they get stronger everytime they suck up an infantry soul...

6. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

holy shhiittt that's taken straight from DotA, yo

Nevermore the Shadow Fiend is this guy who stores the souls of those he kills and he gets +2 damage for each kill/soul that he stores, up to +60 damage. When he dies he loses half of them, though

crrrraaaazyyyyy

7. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

The beams remind me of that ghostbusters movie, remember? The big bad ghost was too tuff for their big backpack lazors, so they combined their beams to make a suparlazor that toasted it. Same principle, right?

I'm interested in seeing how the 'soul stealing' dmg bonus will work. It might lead to people weakening a unit then letting soul hunter take the kill so he gets the bonus... imagine trying to control a dozen units, all of them with different damage. Itd get crazy when you try to engage enemy groups.

8. Zombine

Zombine New Member

not entirely. in truth it would be a logistics nightmare for the opponent, especially if there is no physical changes( the quad cannons in C&C generals get a damage and rate of fire increase, but the upgraded ones are highly visible, so you can concentrate fire.)

9. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Reminds me of a Necron from wh40k :O

10. PsiGlaive

PsiGlaive New Member

You can definately see on the hd version which ones are shooting the bigger thicker brighter beams.

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it says on the SClegacy page thats floating around that they get stronger each time 'they suck a soul' i seem to remember something a while back about upgrading units on the amount of kills they have. also they look pissweak if not massed.

12. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Yaaay. Let's all just repeat everything thats already sayd in this topic ;D Plan of the century.

13. Oiyzas

Oiyzas New Member

Yeah, but Gauss weapons werent able to combine fire like the hunter's. They look startlingly like Necron Destroyers, though.

14. beBoy

beBoy New Member

Cuz your player is using overlay to present the video to screen. PaintScreen only copies the content of the window, overlay is not included.

15. coalescence

coalescence New Member

We found out that these aren't combining too, thicker rays are from units who absorbed more souls. Damn think of it, absorbing souls... thats so not protoss o_0

16. Gold

Gold New Member

its more dark templar, and as ive said before, you can seee more dark templar technology coming through, a few of the new units have grey/silver armour rather than gold or yellow, the protoss are having to rely on the alloys of shakuras.

i dont know about the soul hunters, i dont really like them, hovreboards look a little cheesy

17. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

when in rome.

but i like the soul hunters, their arms remind me of those giant robots, like in gundam or something something evangelion.

18. Gold

Gold New Member

yeah, but why not jsut have darktemplars, thier much cooler

19. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

we can have both

think of the soul hunter as a ground version of the corsair

20. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

ye the soul hunters are definately dark templars lol, i cant imagine a zealot eating souls
    what i dont get is that in the pc gamer description it says that they suck souls out of biological units but are almost useless against robotic units, why was the command center destroyed so fast then lols......