1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul Hunter Scrapped?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

Soul Hunter Scrapped?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

1. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I also have mixed feelings. It didn't seem like the unit fit, but you hate to see units getting the axe before you even have a chance to play with them! :( Maybe I'm just selfish, but I don't want to hear about a unit unless it's STAYING in the game.

I hate Reavers because they kill me, but they are a really great unit in design and usefulness. I bet they'll get a new ability in SC2 though - maybe let you build a different type of Scarab, a more expensive but bigger blast one? That would be funny... blue scarab, blue scarab, blue scarab, RED SCARAB!

2. Second best day of my life -> after ten years of bitching starcraft 2 finally anounced
    Most dissapointing day -> see the soul hunter on this very website (resume bitching)
    Best day of my life -> find out the soul hunter is scraped
    (obviously my life isnt to exciting)
    anyone who thinks the soulhunter is cool in any way has something seriously wrong with their brain
    level up weapon straight out of the GLA tanks in C&C generals, by the way that game SUCKED that series died with RA2 anyway

3. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

I think its good that is gone

The Hover thingy looks pretty sick though.....but not for protoss

I think Terrans deserve the hover thingy

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

2 words >>>>>> GOOD RIDDANCE <<<<<<

5. burkid

burkid New Member

at kenshin72, they do. its called a cobra.

6. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

NOO!!! I think that the Dark Templar are too important for the story. Why would they put themselves in non-cloaked Stalker thingies unless they were injured? (Dragoons)

7. burkid

burkid New Member

in the description for stalker on the blizzard website, it says something along the lines of 'dark templar willingly infused into an exoskeleton for the protection of their race'. it doesnt say anything about injuries. injuries are for dragoons. stalkers aren't dragoons. just similar.

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Kinda a good thing that soul hunters were scrapped because it made the game sort of imbalanced and it looks weird and ugly.
    But it was cool and very destructive but it was too destructive good thing they took it out.

9. DontHate

DontHate New Member

it didn't look too destructive. It just looked plain ugly.

10. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I don't really like the scythe that much on a dark templar, but I think it is a sweet idea nonetheless
    A demon-hunter psi blade would be cool, but I would need to see it in action. But if it did, we would flood the forums with "OMG I haTe Teh deemin hunter DarK teMpLAr" threads

One thing that I absolutely - ABSOLUTELY - insist on, is that the attack sound be the same as it was in Brood War. It was one of my favorite sounds of all time, aside from the combination of *scarab explosion*+*death scream of 5 hydralisks*

It really sounded like a freaking warp blade that was slicing through what ever form of matter it came into contact with.

But I agree with Praetor Fenix on the issue of the reaver...if they scrap it, how am I going to be able to watch 8 zerglings burst into a showery mist of blood and flesh? (mulitply that by 5 or so and that's my dream 'ling rush)

11. Why would a dark templar sacrafice themselves to become a stalker. couldnt they just drive them like a normal vehicle. Especially considering protoss have a very low reproductive rate and small population it wouldnt seem wise to turn your own people into cyborgs. As GrahamTastic said why would a powerful,invisible dark templar turn itself into some half-assed dragoon

12. burkid

burkid New Member

ask blizzard. i didnt write the lore. and stalkers are one of the coolest units shown.