Some think Z are the weakest race, T:L member says otherwise

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by alex1, Sep 4, 2009.

Some think Z are the weakest race, T:L member says otherwise

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by alex1, Sep 4, 2009.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I would rather prefer a single queen for the whole game to make it suitable for its name, though having 1/hatch is also a good idea. Most of us really did overlooked the queens ability to the extent that its overpowering, maybe its because we are expecting more from it. If blizzard will be changing techs in zerg, imo, the queen should get back the tunneling ability and be limited to 1 queen per player if it turns out that the unit will be overpowering. The article really did focus on the hatch crack and never did he mention a situation that zerg got harassed, if so, thats probably one big thing to look at though I also think that its very much the way that zerg really needs to be, the aggressor.

About hydralisks, I noticed that they were the bread and butter for most builds in the game, and they also pointed out that its quite ridiculous to have the lurker way back into tier 3 whereas you already have the premature lurkers at tier 1.5 lol, I think tier 2 - 2.5 is enough for lurkers, I also wanted to know if marines are considered small in unit size enough for hydras to give them the damage boost. And is it really true that hydras and marines are already range upgraded when purchased?

He also discussed minor details about some units, and from his experience we can say that zerg really seem lack benefits from tier two units (roach, mutas, infestor, overseer) - perhaps this is one of the reasons that blizzard will rework the zerg. TL guy said that mutas wont be that effective anymore and he said same can be told about the infestors uselessness. Hope they really show some gameplay videos there.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    no to queen limit. i say 50 energy to make 3 larvae same 25 sec cooldown for each hatchery. or something even crazier. this ability must be researched....at the hatchery :)

i want lurkers before hive. hmmmm yea......how about liar + evo chamber unlocks the lurker den? meh

3. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

I don't like the idea of hydras and marines already having range as if they have been upgraded, as well as some units like zerglings being already super fast. Lowering these stats initially and providing an upgrade to increase them would make the game more fun in my opinion.

Hmm, the deep tunnel ability returning to the queen would be awesome; replace transfusion with that and give the transfusion ability to the overseer (maybe a set amount of hp is restored rather then full hp restoration). I don't know if limiting 1 queen per player is such a great idea anymore, but one queen per hatchery/lair/hive is just fine. Perhaps initially the queen's larvae ability only pumps out two larvae, but later at tier 2 or 3 you can upgrade the ability to pump out 3-4 larvae. By the way, at what tier do the terran and protess have their economy mechanics available to them?

Also, is this graphic concept for the infestor genuine? And if so, is it old, or the current model being used?
    Infestor in-game art

Also, one last thing, now that I think about it, I think the hydralisk should return to its former state of being slightly more expensive and powerful, and allow the roach to be weaker yet more massable and with its super regeneration while unburrowed. Keep the burrow movement, I love it =D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
  4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Nah leave hydra were it is, but change the lurker to tech 2.5 and make a siege range upgrade at hive (like hydras and lurker morph at lair from SC1)

Yea agree on the range thing, and from what I saw in the BR2 the hydras look lint there even faster now, w00t!

I agree with not making it only one queen also, maybe a larvae upgrade at lair and hive, but make it:
    3 to start
    Lair gives upgrade for -5 sec cooldown
    And hive gives upgrade for +1 larvae.
    Good idea?

5. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

i dont agree with what they say about it mainly because they are trying to get rid of whats possibly the only thing the zerg has going for them right now. zerg was always strong early game, from the vast vids we seen up to this point with the BRs and such we can see how strong there early game is. but its mid game when they start to fall apart. that is what blizzard was worried about. they had no problems with there early game, they had problems with there mid and late game. that post also leads me to believe that the TL have no idea on what they are talking about most of the time...

1hatch queen is a good EARLY game strategy but it has its flaws even in earlygame. a terran can defend against it fairly easily. a toss can also defend against it fairly easily. also, i dont see his point when he says

is he forgetting that terran and toss can pretty much do the same thing? they both have the ability to stop early scouting right around the time the queen pops up. also, with the new 2x faster shield regen for the toss a probe can micro around and survive long enought to scout out a zerg base even with queen there. provided it will be harder, but not as hard as if the zerg put a single sunken in there base early on or 2 or 3 marines were out on the field early when a drone/probe was scouting in a base.

and another thing, the queen has 4 x2 atk. so that means it has a total of 8 dmg. thats less then what 2 marines would have. and by the time the queen pops a terran would usually have atleast 4 marines out maybe? AND have there choke point blocked off. so even if the zerg denies scouting from terran the terran can in turn deny scouting from the zerg. same with toss.

and as for the 1hatch queen rush build itself, it can be defended against like i said. we seen it in the recent BRs even. infact im already sure a few of u can think of good defence strategies against the 1hatch queen build. its strong, but not overpowering like that TL post seems to make it out to be.

so ya, it is powerful early game strategy. but for them to deem that its overpowered just from playing what 50 games being zerg against ppl that are not even that good at starcraft? thats just BS to me. pure BS. 50 games is no where near enough to analyze a entire race like they did and then deem it officially overpowered...

also when i seen things like this
    it just makes TL loose even more creditability then they already have.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    ^ I agree

do you think my idea of bringing the lurker to 2.5 and the seige range to hive is a good idea?
    this could help mid game, it would provide some kool awefence like in BW and you might even make a tech rush to seige range and then slowly crawl to the enemys base like a tank push. nice and slow and slowly getting closer for the kill.

7. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

ya i dont think its a bad idea. getting the lurker at lair and then once you get hive upgrade the lurkers range to siege range wouldnt hurt. it might cost extra minerals and gas but thats about it i think.

8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    And if they need more beefing up then add att and armor upgrades that are designed for use under ground, so maybe the normal upgrades will be in effect but when underground (could be any unit) it would get a bonus.

This could then move over to zerg going lots of under ground stuff in SC3.

Will SC ever die?
    No it's too awesome!!!

9. Novacute

Novacute New Member

LOL SC3.. funny, because we'll probably have to wait for another 10-20 years for a true sequel.

10. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

honestly the ppl talking about SC3 when SC2 isnt even in beta yet just goes beyond being a "hardcore fan" its blasphemous to even put a 3 behind SC. and quite honestly we dont need a SC3 at all. SC2 is enough to last pretty much forever and if they want new content/races then im sure they can add them in threw expansion packs or updates.

even thinking about making a new game (SC3) is pretty ridiculous at this early of a stage. u cant even pull that off with console games.

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I was meaning if the next like 50+ years when sc2 is going out of style they could make sc3 kinda like they did hear with sc1-2, they waited a decade to make another, so if SC2 is ganna be that great they will probly make another at one point in time.

When ever new cool graphics and stuff come out they will probly make a new one, or at least remake it with better graphics

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  12. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I think imagining SC3 is way out questions right now. The way blizzard polishes their products is like assembling a project for space travel. It takes years just to get this project done, and I also believe that this trilogy that they will be doing will undergo for about 5 years maybe to finish. And from that point on, I would not base modern graphics and technology for a basis to make a new game, but I want it to be reasonable like how it felt like when we've 1st heard of SC2.

13. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well they won't think of making another game until they've polished this one yes, but by them they will have new super kool graphics and stuff. So they might make another game. Kinda like sc1 it took them a decade to perfect it them they decided to make another.

That's why sc3 isn't quite in the picture yet but still meantionable. And a forth race isn't going to just pop up now or anything, they've put too much work into balencing it all ready to do such a thing.

14. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Zeg are powerful in early games, and are very weak later. That's why a Zerg player must finish the game early else he will get overwhelmed by the other races. For a Protoss player the strategy is exactly the opposite than the Zerg one. Terran are balanced from the beginning to the end.

15. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well there best in mid game but I guess they do have a pretty good game over all.

16. teraformer

teraformer New Member

kansas city, MO
    re

Best strategy for Zerg users is to hit early and often. I used them once and all I did was keep making Zerglings and throwing them at my opponent. Yeah I lost allot of Zerglings, but it kept my Terran opponent from massing an attack against me.

You dont want to play a defensive battle with Zerg.

17. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

"Zeg are powerful in early games, and are very weak later. That's why a Zerg player must finish the game early else he will get overwhelmed by the other races."

Seems to me each race should be balanced in early, mid, and late game. That's why the game isn't done yet :)

18. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea true, maybe that's why there taking so long? They have each race even more deffined at early mid and late game, so it's harder to balence?

19. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

That would be sweet if the Zerg somehow discovered technology and made some sort of fighting robot in their own image. I'm hoping for stronger anti-air turrets to scare away carriers and battlecruiers.

20. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    One word no

Zerg are biological, 100% biological, maybe they could infest the ultralisks cuzin and maybe it could fly so they would have true capital ships