1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Mar 10, 2008.

Small Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Mar 10, 2008.

1. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Here's a thought about the Thor for it's GtA ability:

What if it could shoot targets in multiple directions? Multiple target tracking or something as an upgrade. It would be a deadly GtA. And would serve a great function.

If you do that and have the long range bombardment... I think it might (just) be salvageable (bwhaha!).

2. Gforce

Gforce New Member

the upgrade idea is okay, but i do believe they no longer have the bombard ability.

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    In the video it took like 13 Banelings to kill the Thor. It only killed like 2-3.

4. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

Ithink they should keep the old thor, but remove plasma torpedoes and give something else to the criuser. Ion Cannon that disables or something, or makes the enemy units acting wierd. Maybe a lame suggestion, but I am really a fan of the old Thor.

Or they could make it an battle enplacement allowing upp to four marines to shoot out from it, like a bunker, and when it turns to yellow /red in energy they would have to disembark. That would also make the "old" thor not overlapping that much with the other units by giving it a more designated role as an assault unit.

5. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I still think that they should make the Thor a modular unit. That would fit in with the Terran theme of adaptability and allow the player to choose the role they need.

Facing overwhelming numbers? Equip it with chainguns/flamethrowers. Enemy flyers harassing your units? Give it guided misses/flak cannons. Want long range fire support? Arm it with a super heavy howitzer. of course these would be balanced by not being able to switch weapons once a choice is made and the obvious limitations of each weapon(s), ie artillary Thor moves slowly and can't defend itself.

Sorry for the rant, i just really like that idea.

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Jackals.
    AA Turrets, Marines, Vikings, Ghosts.
    Seige Tank.

Giving one unit the ability to handle almost all situations by its self makes it a super unit.

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah Psionicz, I agree.
    The question is just, how will the Thor end up as?
    I cant really see how Blizzard is going to fix all those problems that Terran have right now...

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Me neither. Before, Terran seemed so complete. But it seems that the recent changes they are making are not very popular. ESPECIALLY that Colossus :mad:

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yeah I posted this in an other thread:
    Psionicz they will not be an as good base-raider, because AoE damage is good against drones, and that should be their target!?
    My solution for this very huge problem is perhaps not the best (or perhaps totally sucky), but Ill try:
    Predator back, with its abbility + splash damage

Viking lower normal damage in air mode, but higher + against armored

Thor, Should be a big giant again

Medic and Dropship back, made reapers even more useless, and was a bit against the lore. I think it was done because of "too many barrack units".

Banshee: AoE again, that was totally the right choice from Blizzards site!

The jackal and the Reaper: These two seems to overlap in some way. They are both good for harassment (fast), and the jackal is good against marines etc, like the banshee if it has AoE, and the Reaper is useless even without the Medivac Dropship, as I stated in many other threads.
    So remove the Reaper and the Jackal, and give us the Vulture back... Give it spider mines and fast speed, and we have a good ground harasser that is USEFULL. Terran still have a "cliff-walker/transformer)" the Viking. There will only be 4 barrack-units too!
    This is my best solution, but I dont really know, because its a REALLY HARD PROBLEM!

Perhaps this is a solution that is good, but only "perhaps".

10. capthavic

capthavic New Member

It's not a super unit, its a support unit. But whatever I still think its a great idea.

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    God... you guys really should pay more attention *facepalm*

12. Gforce

Gforce New Member

they should give the reaper an attack upgrade, but enough about that. Back onto the thor, right now it just reminds me of the goliath, but weren't they trying to do that with the viking?

13. Laz

Laz New Member

The Thor is to small at the moment but i thought it was origanally to big so they should increase the size about half way.

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Give the Reaper a slight health boost and a shotgun. More killing potential, can stand against other infantry.

Jackals are fine, I think they're a suitable Firebat spotlight hog.

Thor needs to be a monster again, with all it's Godzilla VS Mothra city leveling and population destroying strength back.

15. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    About the Thor being like the Goliath, Gforce, you should know that the Thor is in its utmost basic sense a mobile Siege Mode that fires a little faster and has less splash. The Thor should be a little bigger, since without a way to look super scary and have big guns, you feel like, 'oh im making thors -rofllol lmao chicken dance- these guns make me look -rofllol lmao chicken dance- wimpy even tho theyre good' (Dear God, my noobuloid imitation is perfect)

So in a basic sense, the Thor, in all lack of sanity and knowledge of nanotech, should be bigger. So it looks like it is blowing the living daylights out of things.

16. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Right now the Thor´s attack is like a Goliath Skyblades...
    I agree that this role doesnt fit, but a tanker role? Does that fit?

17. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    The Goliath has machine guns for weapons, and nothing else. These cause little damage in most situations. The Thor has two explosive launchers for weapons, and then four fast-firing blammers on its back. The Thor is closest to a version of the Crucio Siege Mode except it is mobile.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Goliath is equipped with a pair of machine guns and nothing else, you say? :D
    You should know that the Goliath mainly is a Ground to Air unit. In the current build, the Thor is a GtA unit just like the Goliath was, and it no longer has it's four blammers on it's back.

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    No it isn't. It does 27 damage at the most. If not that it does 12. It also has like 5-6 range.

20. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Seeing what Gasmaskguy said:

Srsly? Wow. That is like, dull.

*that wierd record sound when music stops*

WAIT! THOR IS A GROUND TO GROUND WEAPON! WHAT CHOO' TALKIN' 'BOUT?

Umm... The Thor is meant for ground attack. It CAN attack air, but the explosive launchers are meant for ground assault.

Psionicz, The Thor is a short range version of Siege Mode.