1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowness... Lagy =P

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Rex, Mar 3, 2009.

Slowness... Lagy =P

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Rex, Mar 3, 2009.

1. TiNK[E]

TiNK[E] New Member

in a glass case of emotion
    AVG is the best free scanner IMO. Though if i feel my PC is infected.. I usually just system restore. Its so much easier.

2. DotGet

DotGet New Member

There's nothing wrong with AVG free - it's a good free antivirus that updates often. But it can't protect you from everything. You have to be smart enough to know not to download potentially dangerous files. If you run a scan and severe damage has already been done to windows, it won't really matter whether or not the virus can be eradicated. Profit-based antivirus programs will always be better than non-profit ones (with the exception of Symantec), so if you want better protection then it doesn't cost much to upgrade to AVG (instead of AVG free). Bitdefender is another excellent pay antivirus.

If you reinstall windows it's a good idea to have an antivirus installer on a burned cd, so you can install it without being connected to the internet. Just running windows without service packs while being connected to the internet is enough to load your computer with all kinds of nasty things.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  3. Rex

Rex New Member

ok guys my friend known as TheChosenOne on USEast told me to use Avast it works like a charm ^.^

Anyways thanks for your help everyone I just have one problem left... make it 2 >.>

Anyways anyone know if there a patch out there that would uhhh fix the multiple svchosts problem?

&

How do you like uhh how to say this... Like someone is using the internet upstairs and when I go to use it almost nothing works just like msn messenger and the rest is like... almost useless (Vice Versa)