1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signature of the Month - December Edition!

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by Inside Sin, Nov 25, 2007.

Signature of the Month - December Edition!

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Me neither, using the work of somebody else should not be allowed. But you already stated that in the rules, didn't you? So shouldn't those people be disqualified? (unless they make another signature) (no offense by the way :))

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I still think it's better that we have an anonymous poll.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no changing. lol. your entry is fine really. no one can beat masterchief. xp

place a video on the sig? who? i think animation and effect is fine, video is laggy. =\

yah i think it should be anonymous, now they know. anyway goodluck to all. :thumbup:

4. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

This is the first SotM so some slack will be cut. As long as the .gif or .swf or whatever was made by hand it doesn't really matter (for now) that they use other people's art work. The time they put to make it into a compilation makes the piece their own. As for anonymous polls, we still need to be able to keep track of who voted and more importantly why; therefore for that to work Inside Sin will need a bigger PM box :p although not a bad idea.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I'm against that all ''who voted and why'' thing. What it matters is which signature people like the best.

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Let's say everyone wins, gets 200 minerals and goes home.

7. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Lol Kuvasz.

I think i might just make a bulletproof way to get everyones votes counted fairly and a reason why in the making...

Hmmm.

I am thinking that, we could make it private until the ending of voting, but we could only do this by PM atm, so its pretty hard. How about we do this...

We create a poll which is got all the signatures on it. People vote on the poll according to which one they want to see win. The votes will be hidden until poll ends.

But....

When you place a vote in the poll, you have to PM me "WHY" you voted that signature in the poll. It would eliminate all the people who just vote and leave without saying why. I'll have plenty of space in my PM box, i hope... If not, i'll delete some PMS.

But i hope this should be an awsome way of dealing the winner.

REMEMBER, WE START TO VOTE IN A WEEK! ( 24th of December, Australian Standard Time. )

8. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

9. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Just make a poll that hides the results till the end and people just have to post for who they voted and why.
    That should be enough.

@ImaGiNe.
    That's a really nice signature you made there, you made a great border for this one. :good:

10. -LT-

-LT- New Member

But WHY do we need to know who voted why? It's stupid. Let's just make a poll and who gets more votes wins! Like in the wallpaper competition.

11. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

At Fo®Saken:
    Why thank you kind sir! It is much appreciated.

At -|LT|-:
    I believe the reason why he wants people to submit votes via PM is to sort out the legitimate ones from all the illegitimate ones who just click on an item to vote and will prevent creators from voting on their own creations. Though it would take a lot more time and effort, it is the only safe way to go.

To be honest though, the anonymous voting is the faster method and people can vote without saying "I liek this one because all the others are teh suck!11oneone" If we do go with the PM voting method, I would have to say that Inside Sin should be impartial in these competitions and therefore should not participate in any SOTM.

12. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Whatever. Which is that font in you Happy Holidays signature?

13. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I guess it's a Christmas font. ;)

But I don't really care about the voting anymore, it takes up to much time to discuss all this. Just decide and let the voting begin at the date we decided earlier. :-\

14. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Okay.

We have all decided we are going to just go with a poll where you can't see anyones votes until the end.

This way you can't vote according to Group, and it shows what the percentage of people want to vote for.

I hope this is a good way, if it goes terribly wrong, i will change it around next month. But this should go fine.

Okay?

We are just making a poll!

15. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Finally we came to a nice decision, when is the voting going to start?
    (And what about those animated arts with other peoples work in it? Can they still join the competition, or will they have to make another one. Personally, I don't really care, but I think people only should use their own work...)

16. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Well, we will make it a RULE. That if you use something such as Zeratuls Ghost, you need to prove you created the background the .GIF is running on. Otherwise it should be disqualified.

But, from now on ( After December's Comp. ) You will only be aloud to use animation in Animation Themes. They will be speicified in the Month's Comp.

I will edit the SOTM Guidelines after this month.

Voting will commence on 24th of December in AUSTRALIAN TIMES.

Anywhere between 10am - 6pm.

If i have a reason i am not online, i will start it the following day, or the day before.

Thanks, Inside Sin.

17. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Finally someone listened to me! ;D

18. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Hey! Where is my entry?!

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Lol, maybe he is scared that you might beat him and "accidentally" forgot you ;)
    But it doesn't mater that much now, the voting hasn't started yet.

20. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    what about my sig? does it count? i never drew any of those so im assuming its not qualified

waddya think?