1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege Tanks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, May 27, 2007.

Siege Tanks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, May 27, 2007.

1. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Which part?

2. Pix

Pix New Member

It's called a "Kukuru Shrub" or something...
    But yeah, Seige Tanks remind me of that.
    ~Pix~

3. Singuris

Singuris New Member

Milwaukee
    agreed they look like things out of a cartoon

4. Gold

Gold New Member

if thye could make all marines as detailed as tychus, it would be good
    but no one could play, lets jsut hope they see waht needs to be changed, and not ignore people like us, we only love the game.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

It's not the details, its the shape. it sucks.

6. Gold

Gold New Member

you mean jsut the tanks though yeah?
    i think marines look cooler than before
    but i more or less agree with you on the tanks

7. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I mean about everything, protoss and Terran buildings, marine, battlecruisers, siege tanks. The only things that look cool are the protoss and zerg units and the reaper.

8. Gold

Gold New Member

they havnt changed battlecruisers, much.
    sound just like personal preference.
    I think everything is looking good except terran, they need to dirty terran up a bit, most of the buildings look like lego, whenever a building gets up to fly it turns suddenly in mid air and then slowly flys off, maybe thats not to bad for the barracks, but watch after the zealots get killed (or maybe after the immortals die) the cammand center flys away for some reason, it looks so silly.
    they definetley need to make it less plastically.

9. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Pix, I think you talking about the Deku Shrubs.

I'm not 100% sure that it's "Deku Shrubs" but I'm 99% sure that it was "Deku" in the name. Everything was deku, deku tree, deku stick, deku seed, etc.

10. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Pretty close, it's Deku Scrub.

Anyway...

If you saw the Siege Tanks before StarCraft's release, they were pretty ugly too, they had big swatches of color that made them look a bit toyish. There are a couple of them in the screenshots on the game's box, I believe. Just remember, Blizzard is one of the game industry's biggest perfectionists. They won't let an unfitting unit ship.

11. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Care to explain infested terrans? ;D

They sure suck like hell. I would mention queens too, but they "arguably" are useful so...

12. mc2

mc2 New Member

Infested terrans don't suck like hell. you just need to find a good opportunity to get them and use them :p
    Well it's hard charging Infested terrans into an enemy's base by themselves. usually I'd use infested terrans when im having a zergling + hydralisk rush.
    Bunkers? Siege Tanks? Reavers? Lurkers? Ultralisk? Are they in the way? stopping the advancement of your rush team? well throw in some infested terrans and problem solved!!!
    I suppose the hard part is to infest a half damaged command centre.

Anyway the queen can be useful. parasiting enemy overlord or workers are very helpful because you can always keep an eye out on their base :D Or parasite those little critters and they'll likely to explore the map for you :D
    Spawn broodings are the best to take out siege tanks. the range is very high and death is instantaneous. If you do it in the middle of a cluster of tanks, they'll shoot each other out :D

13. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

Dumb seige tanks. Who would hire a guy to pilot a Tank who would shoot the enemy, 2 inches apart from an friendly unit?

14. Zombine

Zombine New Member

not hired, conscripted. besides, it might be computer auto targeting, in which case you have to remember that blizzard made SC back in the dark ages for PC's (a.k.a. winedoze 95)

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Infested terrans suck like hell.

I've personally used them in real multiplayer games in almost every way possible, and they suck like hell. They go against the very nature of Zerg play. Most cases involved one of my friends playing Terran building me a CC.

You can never send more than one at a time, not even with other types of units. The first infested terran that detonates always takes out his buddies following behind him. Even if you send only one at a time, you'd still have to pull all your other units back as to not lose them to your own infested terran. Popping multiple darkswarms just to send a single infested terran at a time isn't in a Zerg player's best interest.

The only realistic use I found for them that didn't hurt myself was dropping a single infested terran at a time. It takes them a short time after being dropped to get ready and blow up on workers, it's not instantaneous as soon as they are dropped. Slowly dropping a single unit at a time also isn't the best strat in the world that late in the game, and this is at 100 minerals and 50 gas a pop.

Almost every single time that I put them to some use was a game that I would've won without using them anyway. The worst part about infested terrans is their accessibility. I've found my way around this with my friends who play Terran, but they still suck like hell.

16. Zombine

Zombine New Member

and the one use i can see for infested terran is that they retain the ability to lift off building+ they can burrow. Using them as landlines isn't necessarily the best thing, but they make good quick work of land units in choke points.

as for lifting off,land the command center behind an enemy base, and start pumping out units during your assault from the front. split the fronts, and you instantly have a major, a 2 front assault. it stopped Hitler, it stopped WW1, it stopped napoleon.

17. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Even with me getting my CC to infest from my friend who provides it, the game's already kicked into hive tech(tier 3 tech) by the time you get some infested terrans ready to use. It is near impossible at that point to have an opponent come assault your choke without detectors. That would just be one of those games that you would've won anyway.

How do you go about pulling off flying the slow ass CC into an enemy base that late in the game? Not to mention to be able to land one, then sit there quietly and produce infested terrans. I don't mean to offend in anyway, but I fail to see why you wouldn't just drop a bunch of lings, hydras, lurkers, defilers in there and end the game, whenever you're in that kind of situation.

18. sordid

sordid New Member

THAT is a siege tank. Those things in the demo vid were pathetic.
    [​IMG]

19. Zombine

Zombine New Member

The landing behind has worked before, but it is true that its hard. Not necessarily for main base assault, but its the same as landing a barracks. Its something you do as a distraction if nothing else, and then you simply mock them afterwards.

As for detecting, do you really always bring an observer or science vessel around when playing against zerg? excuse me for saying so, but that seems excessive. throw a few lings on top, let the enemy underestimate you if nothing else. draw them in with a few units.

20. mc2

mc2 New Member

That picture of a siege tank looks just like the ones in SC1, if you look at them in a birds eye view from above, it'll look just like that, like a toy tank. Besides they can't make the tanks too big in game, as least it can't be bigger than a battlecruiser.

With flying a infested CC into enemy's base and start pumping out infested terrans, it usually only work if you have the cheat operation cwal on. Usually producing them is too slow to be able to make the attack viable.