1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege Tanks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, May 27, 2007.

Siege Tanks

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, May 27, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

I think the reason why they increase the fire rate so the tank can become somewhat an "anti-heavy swarm" unit

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think that they did that to make them more useful in tank mode, cause in SC1 tank mode was pretty useless for its price, siege mode was something you couldn't be without in SC1. You probably cant be without siege mode in SC2 either, but its just ridiculous that a normal tank would "suck" :p

3. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

In SC they could have called it artillery and removed the "tank" modes attack ability, there would hardly be a difference. (necessary balancing assumed)

4. Themacman

Themacman New Member

Or they could make the tank a bit stronger in tank mode? If they made it shoot faster in tank mode it be stronger, there is noting wrong with the dmg it does?

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Is it just me or is the Siege Tank a lot shinier than before?
    (And compare it to the original design too :p)

6. Overling

Overling New Member

It is improving.

7. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

wow!!!
    AWESOME!!!

the old one sucks arse
    the 2nd one is ok
    the 3rd one
    NOW THATS BEYOND

8. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

could just be graphic/visual options but it could be an improvement, its definately looking better.

Now if they only get a better sound of the siege mode shot, closer to the sound of a tank in sc1, that would be great...

9. Pyrodaimon

Pyrodaimon New Member

I don't like it shinier. Makes my computer lag to much. If there's something that really makes comps lag it is lighting.

I hope there's an option to reduce the lighting or else gameplay won't be much fast.

10. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

im positive there will be such an option

11. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

i still dont like those prongs sticking out the cannons

12. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

Blizz needs to change what the stabalizers look like, Im not to thrilled about them hooking into the ground

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I just want them to get rid of the X.

14. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

i'm actually starting to like the x because after looking at the animation of the siege tank of SCI a million times, its rather dull and plain.

15. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Hey just a random thought... What do you guys think would happen if you Sieged on top of a submerged supply depot? Would it magically teleport to the side or glitch and receive a siege depot (an attacking supply depot because the tank is stuck inside)?

16. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I think that anything in a solid state (siege tanks in siege mode or buildings, although that is highly unrealistic) should be destroyed by a supply depot emerging from the ground, and units that can move should just be moved to one side. I don't see it possible that Blizzard would forget about a potential glitch like that.

17. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Yeah, I'm guessing if there is a unit above a submerge supply depot the depot just won't raise.
    If things exploded or died...auugh, I could see myself making that mistake many times.
    But I'm all for a Seige Depot...that'll be a test for me when I first get my hands on the campaign editor.

18. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I am definitely looking forward to the maps people are going to be making with the new higher powered map editor.

The siege tank design has advanced a lot since the beginning, and I think it look soooooo much better now. The cannon in the first one looks like a suction cup, and the darkness of the second one makes it look plain and ordinary. Definite props for Blizzard as they continue to improve the game.

19. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Hey guys, I was just checking out the new Nomad update on starcraft2.com, and there's one thing that I noticed.

One of the best ways to counter a Siege Tank in original SC was with Melee units, if you could get them close enough. Dropping DTs amongst a group of tanks usually did much to cause havoc against someone with no backup plan (or a backup plan that you just blew up). But in this new update, we can clearly see the one Siege Tank firing at the revealed DTs much closer than it seems like it should be. The last shot it fires (to the right), it fires at a unit that looks like it's essentially right up against it, and several of it's 'upward' shots look like they're close as well.

So what gives? Is it just a trick of the eyes? Am I crazy go nuts? Have we known this for months, and I'm just really behind?

If not, how will this impact how Siege Tanks are played?

EDIT: Or maybe, the Siege Tank isn't even deployed, and I'm just that dumb. ;D

20. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Bizarro, thats because it's not deployed into siege mode. If you look at it, it is still in its regular, mobile form so it can attack units close up to it.