1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siege Tanks underpowered against Protoss?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Flamingdts, Dec 27, 2008.

Siege Tanks underpowered against Protoss?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Flamingdts, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Now I could be wrong, but I thought the broodling attack only triggered on buildings...I think I read that on the SC2 Wiki, I think its the same one in Kimera's sig.

2. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

Um, that's exactly what I said. My point was that the mothership does full damage to the Immortal, the special shields block nothing.

3. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

Wiki doesn't say that, just says attacks make broodlings, period.

4. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    I read this in the SC2 forums, my mistake and I guess I must have missed the units part...was waiting for a bus and it had just arrived so I skimmed over it and must have missed the unit's part, my mistake.
    "Swarm Guardians still produce broodlings as well, when they strike a unit or building"
    it was posted by Karune.

the "unit or" part was at the end of the line and I must have skipped it over.

5. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

um we are getting off subject
    Siege Tanks underpowerd against Protoss?
    how did we get into Zerg guardians when its Terran and Protoss

6. Symph0ny

Symph0ny New Member

Dallas
    It pretty much got covered already. Siege tanks are still good, but require support and aren't an all purpose unit. They'll be another strong force for Terran to call on, but others will be required too.

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

They cost a bit more now but make up in versitility, as the main attack has had a boost in speed and damage so they now seem to fill their role as support better.

8. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

But if the topic is covered shouldn't this thread be closed.

9. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    topics are only locked/closed if it gets really off topic. Topics are rarely locked as long as it hasn't turned into a flaming thread.

Anyway, the fact that tanks don't do as well by themselves against toss is another way Blizzard is forcing players to use multiple units when playing terran besides going only heavy mech, as the immortal is a perfect counter against them, and you can get them at about the same time as the terran player gets tanks. Though I think the hardened shield has to be upgraded at the building that allows you to make immortals, similar to the range upgrade for the dragoons from the cyber core in SC1

10. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

There are no more range upgrades (except colossus) and immortals haven't needed shield upgrades for months.

Or were you suggesting those upgrades should still be required?

11. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    he was suggesting

12. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I thought it still need to be researched, like the stalker needs its blink ability researched and the colossus had the range upgrade. I know at one point it needed to be researched....they must have gotten rid of that a while back.

I think it would be good if the sheild needed to be researched, but upon thinking about it, it wouldn't fit in with the lore too well since the immortal got the shield shortly after Aiur fell.

13. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Well then, I guess an "oops" would be appropriate here, because from what I understood from reading your statement(s) it seemed that you said that it should be researched. Though I definitely agree that immortals should have the shields baseline.

14. Arvendragon

Arvendragon Member

Canada
    Well, the Terran are more focused on infantry now. I think the shield is not researched, its auto. It would not fit with the lore, and I don't agree on Immortals having shields auto. They are on the same tier as Siege Tanks, and I believe Siege Mode is still researched, so...

15. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Well siege tanks are actually supposed to e useful in "assault" mode, now that's not to say that siege mode will be pathetic however it could be possible not to need to even research the upgrade...I can't really think of why, but their assault attacks are...i think 2x the speed and 1/3 the damage or something like that meanwhile not having a minimum range and being static. Plus tanks are useful against really anything massed light units, if they have support, and heavy units are going to get roasted by tanks now easy I think its 100 damage per hit vs armored in siege mode. Meanwhile in assault its like 35 damage and a faster attack.

16. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Siege Tanks only deal some of the damage. There's 4 Battlecruisers floating above and they are clearly firing at the Zealots before they die.

18. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya true but still there not underpowered as people are saying blizz just wanted to have people focus on assault mode more then in SC.

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I agree that Assault mode DPS is almost the same or even greater than the DPS in Siege mode, I am just saying that video doesn't show 2 Siege Tanks in Assault mode butchering 2 Zealots.

20. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya I saw that the battle cruisers mauled them at the last second as the siege tanks only got 1 shot each. Serge mode got pushed back to but saying that it's underpowered versus anything is just not true.