1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shown While Burrowed

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Mar 10, 2008.

Shown While Burrowed

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The roach regains 15 hp a sec (25 with upgrade) no matter whats going on.

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Holy Crap! I knew it regenerated fast but I don't guess that fast!!!!!!!!!
    Ok now that that's out of my system

I think the that they deffinently need to change that thing with the head sticking out.
    I mean come on, sometimes you make like 50 lings and burrow them right nxt to each other so that at the slightest notice u have a huge cluster of lings in a compact group.
    Now burrow them right next to each other and look at it. Now u see a bunch of anoying heads looking at u like their asking you why you had them shove themselfs underground?

At least that's what I think.

3. AngelLestat

AngelLestat New Member

No matt, I mean that in SC1 you can not burrow a zerg unit if is taken fire (except the lurker bug). Why is that?

Use your common sense and tell me what sentece do you found correct:

1- A marine is firing and seeing how a lurker is burrowing to attack.. Then the marine knows where the lurker is but it can not attack until a detector tell him where is it.
    2- A marine is firing and seeing how a lurker is burrowing to attack.. so the marine continue firing becoz in this case it does not need a detector.

They made that exception becoz they know that without a micro escape mechanic the roach regen abilitiy is pointess in almost all cases.

But is unreal, Is like the night-elf cloak abilitie in WC3, It can not see you only if they dont see when you hidden.

4. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Actually, zerg units were meant to be able to burrow while under fire, the lurker was the only one that wasn't bugged, it was due to the unit trying to retaliate while attacked iirc, which the lurker doesn't do because it can only attack while burrowed.

5. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    the way i always used lurkers was burrowing them in a tight group(aka burrowing them right nxt to each other manuly) so that they were almost imposible to decifer how many there really where so i would have about 2 dosen units burrowed on top of eachother. also made it really hard to destroy because of the numbers.
    however i ignored my defence after having a ton of units there and the terrans nuked me and killed everything!
    so it didnt always work.

but will this change in SC2? (think about all of the cluter)