1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Wraith Return?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Hadean, Jul 21, 2007.

?

Should the Wraith return?

1. No

50.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but as a different unit with same role.

50.0%

Should the Wraith Return?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Hadean, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Two scout looking missiles i similar to the Wraiths missile attack? K. Explain further, please.

2. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

they dont look like scount missles

3. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    they look like big yellow torps, i remember it from the video at blizzcon, with the Viks attacking BCs

4. The wraith and everyones personal favorite unit from SC original should return, who needs a sequal when you could have a remake!

Torpedos are underwater weapons, vikings shoot missles.

5. Sir_Wezlo

Sir_Wezlo New Member

I personally say no because you could use them for pratically everything and the fact that they could cloak made things easier. The Wraith is now being replaced by more modern Terran air strikers. Sure it may make things more complicated now that the Terrans don't have a Bread & Butter A-A and A-G attack aircraft thats cheap and can cloak. But from what I've seen so far about StarCraft II so far they're focusing more on strategy rather than brute force and numbers for both the Terrans and Protoss. The Zerg on the other hand we'll find out their end of the bargan when they release the unknown terrors that maybe some of us hope that we would never see... Blizzard knows how to make a damn good game, I'm putting my trust in them to make a hell of a game, even if that means replacing some units IMO and remember, Blizzard knows what the Terrans and Protoss have to defend against... we don't fully know yet...

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

it doesn't matter how they look, it's the same attack

7. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    But they are much faster, and I think cause more damage. And look nice too. lol

8. Wrathbringer

Wrathbringer New Member

I voted no for the return of the Wraith. Why? Because Terran need some NEW UNITS. If they brought back the Wraith, then that would essentially kill off the Banshee and the Predator, and I do NOT want to buy a prettier version of SC1. This is SC2, where there are supposed to be completely NEW units, not just revamps of older ones.

9. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    You're officially an idiot. A torp is not a torp because it's underwater, a torp is a torp because of it's propulsion. Since you cant have combustion underwater, not a stready stream of it anyways, they had to use another means. And oo isnt that crazy. You cant have combustion in space either.

10. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

Wraith in SC1 was only good for sneak attack, but most players know this strategy so they always have a detector or two such as cannons around. Since wraith was so weak against ground a couple of cannons can take out a group size wraith. Not only were they weak against ground they were also fragile. I think they have something like 120 hp. Their only redeeming quality is that they have cloak. In my opinion their A-A was only average. They lose to most other mass air. I can't think of anything they might beat except maybe against some capital ships but otherwise late game they are useless. The Viking seems to be a better replacement. They seem to be at least as powerful as wraiths in A-A but is more versatile with their ground form which I guess would do more damage than wraiths ever did.

In SC1 I never used wraiths all that much because they are simply too easily countered. Heck a couple of marines and a few medics (with detectors) easily takes out a group of 12 wraiths. That's just not a good trade! I need not mention dragoons, other air, hydras...etc...

11. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

the wraith was really only a raiding unit with a bit of anti air. the banshee has replaced the raiding 10 fold and the anti air has been replaced with the predator (haven't seen it fight so can't judge how well it replaced it). so the wraith has been split to ensure the use of multiple units (looks like blizz is heading in that direction) but fully replaced its slot has been filled and I wont miss it that much.

O and you can have combustion in space you just need to have the oxygen with you. and you usually are fighting on a planet any way (and if your not you are using lasers).

12. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

There is no need to have the wraiths in the game at this point. The Predator takes over their anti-air capabilities, and the Banshees take over their stealth role.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Sure the wraith was a good unit but the new ones are better. It has been replaced

14. roderek

roderek Guest

i think the wraiths in SC1 were pretty good idea and maybe they were fragile cause seemed that cloak was an advantage, unfortenately in the not so big maps on SC1 u cant really use this ability a lot cause when u start to get onto some unprotected units, detector came really quick so u had to micro a lot, its a great unit if u know how to use it, but i agree in wich is not made to mass... my humble opinion would be nice a comeback but with better weapons, crazy idea what if wraiths could create ilusions maybe like a projection or something that works just like the allucination of high templars

15. manaplague

manaplague New Member

Wraith has been made useless by the new units like the Banshee and Predator. Even cloaking went to the Banshee.

16. PSIchotic

PSIchotic New Member

Amen to that.

A lot of people here sound like those old farts who still think vinyl is better than CD 'cause it sounds better. Fact is it doesn't, but they're just too stubborn to realize it and consider something different might be better.

17. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    And you're the kind of guy who thinks these new japanese cars look better than a good ol fashion corvette or mustang.

18. PSIchotic

PSIchotic New Member

They don't look better, but they sure are more reliable and fuel efficient

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Not really a comparisson since the new units look better AND are more efficient

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i'll miss the wraith, but i really like the look of it, especcially the penis gun. it looks very space age.