1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Wraith Return?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Hadean, Jul 21, 2007.

?

Should the Wraith return?

1. No

50.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but as a different unit with same role.

50.0%

Should the Wraith Return?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Hadean, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Snubble

Snubble New Member

The Viking can also land and attack ground units so its not just an AtoA fighter. I also think I remember reading somewhere that the Viking gets a damage bonus against "Armored" units and thats why Pardo mentioned that they were good at taking out Capital ships. The Predator however shoots a burst of 4 lasers in rapid succession that only do 4 damage each. This will make them pretty weak against heavily armored ships, but stronger then the Viking against lightly armored fliers.

I think theres room for both.

2. Gold

Gold New Member

so its an anti anti air?
    and the vicking is more or less the same as a warp ray in air mode.
    still seems odd to me, seems like to much anti air, between vickings, missle turrets and most other range units there jsut dosnt seem to be much point in predators.

3. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    It should not be in SC2. In SC1 it had a horrible horrible ground attack, and even in anti-air, the Goliath did just as much dmg and was far cheaper, and it had a decent ground attack. Now you say "they gots Cloak." Well, in reality, Cloak is far better suited to the Banshee than it really ever was for the Wraith anyway. Predator, Banshee, and Viking are all far better suited they job than the Wraith ever was.

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I'm really happy the way it is at the moment it looks quite promising and the Wraith of course has a horrible ground attack but a excellent air a attack but now it's SC2 it's time to re-imagine things and i am happy with the Banshee even though it looked like the Orca from C&C and i'm also happy with Viking (Fighter mode)

5. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Much better if the wraith is gonna be return. :)

6. Steve22x

Steve22x New Member

There's no real versatile air fighter like the protoss have with the phoenix (Im assuming it can attack ground as well). If the wraith will not make a return I think the predator should be allowed to cloak as its role as support suggests.

7. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

what does the predator interceptor mode work on? phoenix missles? BC lasers? warp ray lasers? carrier interceptors?

it would be stupid if it only worked on turrets and vikings

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    All blizzard has said is the intecept mode will work on prohectiles not just missles. (I dont think they have completely decided which projectiles though)

9. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

in starcraft1 terran got marines, goliath, wraith, valkyrie, vessel (for zerg), ghost, turret, BC witch can damage air and in pro games muta's are still a viable problem you know...

what i would like to see is more anti-air with CONCUSSIVE damage since wraiths, goli, turret all do 50% dmg vs muta (all this if mutas still are the only air-rush threat)

10. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I loved the wraith and enjoyed cloacked raids against enemy fleets and resource gatherers but I don't think it should return. The Banshee will be far better at raiding bases and the Predator/Viking will be excellent anti air support.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The wraith was a single unit stretched to cover a number of purposes.

It was meant to be a base-raider, anti-air unit, cloaked assassin, and cheap attack plane.

The Valkyrie was an attempt to rectify its plight, but it didn't really solidify Terran air too much.

It seems the Terran race is aiming to take control of the skies with a more versatile and diverse air strategy.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I liked the wraith but I think these new units will work out nicely.

13. PSIchotic

PSIchotic New Member

Whatever the wraith can do; the banshee can do better, and valkyries were better for anti air anyway.

14. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    i'm gonna laugh so hard when SC2 comes out, cause i'm going to make a map using the wraiths in the map editor vs every other unit. And i'll wait for everyone to say "Oh. Wait. Yeah, we should have kept the wraith." It's superior to the Pred in every single way man. And I guarantee by the end of testing they'll nerf the pred because from the sounds of it that intercept may be too imbalanced. All you'd need to do would be mass 20 Preds and bring 6 battlecruisers and those battlecruisers would never be touched.

15. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    I voted Yes but different unit with same role. I feel that the wraith is valuable to the Terran army, and people use wraiths with ease when thinking of strategies. the Predator seems basically useless, and the Banshee can only attack ground so, what do you ban a banshee up with that doesn't cost a bunch of resources, thats also able to fly?

16. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

odd, i was under the impression that the viking and wraith do the same fcking thing

17. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Yeah, you know I was too. Theres so many similarities. Like how one transforms into a ground mech, and one cloaks. Isn't that so fucking similar? Omg. You know what else is similar? The ghost and the marine. One has stim and the other one drops nukes, zomg Blizz be original!

Fucking nub.

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I need to see more of the pred to make a definative decision but with the viking seems to be an apt replacement and the Banshee is the bomber I always wanted

19. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

well, at leat blizzard is original enough to not give them the same attack. oh wait, they did!!!11oneone!1!111!

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

both the wraith and the viking excel at air and can be used to target ground, the vikings use is as blizzard originally implented the wraith to be used