1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Colonies Evolve

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by opm, Jul 6, 2007.

Should the Colonies Evolve

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by opm, Jul 6, 2007.

1. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    keep it simple

how about the nydus worm is evolved from a colony?

2. paragon

paragon Guest

nonono nydus worms come from nydus canals

3. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    let's think big evolution here. they can be the same thing.

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    well by looking at the screenshots of the turret firing... especially the ones shooting at the warp ray, it seems like the rate of fire of the turrets increase. If you look at one of the turrets it is firing at both sides of the turret with a little cooldown rate. Maybe there will be a rate of fire upgrade.

[img width=150 height=113]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3617/ss17hiresgp5.th.jpg[/img]

We also don't really know about the bunkers yet. Yes it is a bunker but there could be a possible upgrade of some sort.

EDIT: eh maybe looking at it a bit more... it could be that they shoot out two weaker missles and have the same cooldown rate as the old missle turrets.

5. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea the missle turret shoots a lot faster.

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Spores and sunken were good enough as they were.

But if people still want more, lets makes an evolutions thats magically kills offs all enemys workers in the games instantly, and steal all theirs moneys! Yes, oh yes!!

7. paragon

paragon Guest

of after 10 evolutions of the sunken/spore colony it can kill anything on the map and see anything on the map

8. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

How about we just let the sunken/spore colonies uproot to become ridiculous, hulking abominations. I can actually see Blizzard doing this, throwing some Warcraft3 Night Elf flavor into Zerg... uhoh!

9. Ych

Ych New Member

I find the Sunken Colonies and the Spore Colonies in SC1 to be very dull and unimaginative. Hopefully, Blizzard has already thought of something cool in replacement. I think they will do a good job with it because they did a tremendous job with the Nydus Worms. It looked soo alive and real. Not to mention, they are doing an unbelievable job with all the new Protoss toys/mechanics. I'm sure they won't disappoint us with the Zergs once they are ready to fully showcase them. And I can't wait to start use them and swarm my opponents with endless Zerg units.

10. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    they should have like an underground pit. If an enemy walks on top of it, it falls in and dies

11. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I actually liked sunkens and spores, but I think that could be from me loving most things Zerg.

But everything was better than crappy missile turrets. Although that's actually a good thing and an important part of SC's game design.