Seriously Mods. Drop your banhammers :S

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Lombar, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Seriously Mods. Drop your banhammers :S

1. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Empire was private for like a week. Shadow wants people outside the clan to be able to contribute, it can potentially bring members. This thing should be avoided though.

2. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Trying as hard as I can.

3. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Ijff, want smash ez? Return to your Lands of space junk!!! (Jk :p)

ANd no, why should we be discriminated and be made a private when we want a public? Why wont anyone think of the posts!!!!

Contribute, YES, but contributing the wrong way is def. not the way to contribute.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  4. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Ok, so you MADE THE BOARDS PUBLIC.

You WANTED PEOPLE FROM THE "OUTSIDE" TO CONTRIBUTE.

I ASKED A QUESTION: "Why is he leaving"

Pretty friendly don't ya think?

Sad to say this, but Clan E has given me a pretty rotten influence.
    Therefore, I'm not talking to darkone since he is the admin of the site, or anybody else that has anything to do with the clan.

Soz I removed you as a friend Dark. :p
    Should have never told me you were a freakkin' admin.

And then, what the heck did sniper do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Yujin, for future reference, just delete these posts, soft delete so they are still there I mean.

6. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Lobster, i made clear that this was something out of SC2F forums. But you kept on including yourself and made a blunt insult towards me, saying im worthless to SC2F forums, but Cow is more useful cuase he posts?

It may be cause you never even heard of what happend, but I dont contribute to much in SC2F cuase most of it doesnt apply to my interest, only CLan Empire things do.

You failed to read the forum board rules we had set up, you kept on attacking us, than renatus and than sniper joined in. The posts are there in cows goodbye messege.

7. Renatus

Renatus New Member

No, you sent me a link of your rules which lead to a web page error, in that respect i was going into your forum with the logical conclusion that it would be based on the same rule system as the rest of this website, (Why on earth it is excluded from the other basic rulings i do not know).

It begun after i saw how your clan was treating Sniper, i knew he was young and after reading the bull**** you guys were insulting him with, i realised you were breaking the basic rules of this site as far as i knew;

*"Offensive language, personal attacks, or being abusive to other members will result in a warning and mineral penalty the first time round, and a BAN the following time. Treat others how you would like to be treated. "*
    The important part here, is that if your little E-hole provides a defence against that ruling, then there is no goddamn problem here in the first place and lombar is just being silly >.>.

But hey, i didnt see anything being done about it, so i made a thread doing ONE thing. And that was pretending to be a member of yours and remeinicing about time spent doing 'rap battles' with Weeman. It was a friendly jest at the ineptitude of what your members were doing to Sniper.
    From that point onward, i was subject to hours of immaturity from your clan, but it wasnt that bad to me, it was mainly lobsterlegs and sniper you were annoying.
    To elabroate on that situation - i dont know what the **** was going on, did lobsterlegs come in after seeing the fun and games? Did you guys **** with him before? Was he there to find out what was happening with sniper? I dunno, i didnt care, i was just having fun laughing at the phrases, censoring, and other crap you guys were pulling xD.

But then i get included in threads like this;
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10247

And im like... Wtf, they wanna have some troll fun then i'll have some troll fun, and thats all it was. I wasnt going out there throwing insults, i think you guys need to talk to Sniper and Lobster in that respect to see what was going on. I was just being an oppertuinist of the chaos and trying to protect sniper, all without breaking that main forum rule (which i thought was in place? But apparently isnt in that area)..

I tried to read your rule posting but it kept coming up with an error. But no, it doesnt mean i lose ground in this argument at all, it just means that i was subject to the same defences that your little forum provides.

I dont know what the other two did.. I only came in to see what was going on with you guys and sniper and laugh at you for insulting a 12 year old. If thats trolling and making posts like;

"Wow renatus, where did you google that lame a.ss joke?
    Stfu fat kid, go eat your cheesecake"

...Isnt then im gonna go cry in a corner. And if you call including me in your repelllent of the other two by throwing loads and loads of insults at me a 'repellent' then im going to die of bias radiation.

But yeah, bring lobster and sniper in here cause i dunno when this 'trolling' started for you guys or from whom.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  8. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

As previous clan coordinator, I just felt like I had to put in my two cents. First of all, we should respect hosted clans and their rules, however it should be known that being a public forum could and would attract trolls for no apparent reason. It was a risk that you guys knew you would take. Now a suggestion for Clan Emp that could do you some good and do you some bad, depending on how you look at it. I don't really remember but I think vBulletin has the ability to let Forum Administrators set permissions such as viewing topics available to everyone while letting Posts be private/moderated. Is it possible to make an authorized access list?

Lobster is doing the mature thing by attempting to stop but the prodding needs to stop as well. Everyone else needs to take a chill pill. If it's a clan matter, that's exactly what it is.

Leave well enough alone.

9. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Rantaus, to be honest, i read all of that cuase u proved a solid point.

But when i did post outside, keep in mind, OUTSIDE my forums, i was attacked by sniper, and than by Lobster.
    I just defended myself. You though, are somewhat of a random statistical anomaly. WHen 2can erased your posts in my forums, you started posting against us, which gave us a reason to attack you. any post i edited of yours was becuase you attacked us, simple.

Sniper wanted a fight, so we delivered on, Lobster wanted one, so we delivered.

Respect is earned, period.

when i read your profile u and kuv has exchanged words. And i read that you said "it would take time for you to 'get under our skins'" I just met you 3/4ths the way for that to happen.

10. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Imagine, LK or Jon would have to do some tweaking to do that I believe.

11. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Where can I buy these so called.. Chill pills good sir?

12. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

I never F***ing attacked you!

Just asked a question "why is he leaving?"..

Got a rude response from weeman. So I guess I owe it to him.

It was MY FIRST POST IN CLAN EMPIRES' BOARDS.

Why in the WORLD would I have anything against them, eh?

13. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    I only know bits and pieces of why Josh is leaving the clan, and I am admin of the site. I have his side, and I have Shadows side, I have decided to remain neutral on the matter.

14. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
  15. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

No it does not.

The original post was:

---

Wooooh, trouble in the paradise!

PS: I also like PIE.

---

The things in parentheses and the PPS: was added later, when the so called "fight" had already started.

16. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Exactly, even after weeman and I said, Stay outta Empire affairs/business, you guys have no idea of the history/past, you guys continued.

Any post after that was edited by me, was u attacking us.

17. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Again Shadow, just soft delete them from now on, so you can point to them later.

18. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Well,

1. Never aked YOU what was going on.
    2. You made the boards public? So everybody can post there?
    3. Everybody CAN post there, so I didn't see a reason why to.
    4. If you DIDN'T want this to be public, why didn't you just talk it over private? After all people ARE going to ask and interfere.

5. I didn't write anything offensive after weeman told lurkers to stay away.
    ACTUALLY, I didn't type there for quite a while, I only made a reply to weeman I think.
    Too bad we will never know.

@darkone, you can ask him not to edit instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  19. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Not editing is what I mean, just soft delete them, but leave them untouched mostly.

20. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Soo it grew this big. I admit I only read half of the things posted here because that way I don't read things I don't care about, plus I can remain neutral. What I know in this matter is that I've had my share of the E mentality a while ago, and I can safely say it is hectic to an outsider. Pair that with Rennie's fits of sarcasm and you get a nasty concoction.

I think the 4-5 people involved need a symbolic temp ban of 1 or 2 days, during which the mods would clean up the posts and after the ban wears off all will be nice. Well, better, at least :D That, or take it into PMs, where most debates die pretty soon :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.