1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensor Tower on Starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ninerman13, Oct 24, 2007.

Sensor Tower on Starcraft2.com

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ninerman13, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    yeah, you see it on screen, not on the map. It cant be seen as a big red circle on unexplored territory, you got to actually see it with a bunch of units.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It still stops your from unwittingly running into the enemy's detection radius. That is worth alot

3. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

I hope the sensor tower enables the turret to detect. There nothing worst than have a turret on the very edge of the detection radius of the sensor tower and the turret cant attack the a cloak unit that right in front of him

4. Quanta

Quanta New Member

This is probably my favorite new building, granted there haven't been all that many new buildings but still. I am going to take full advantage of this thing. My preferred strategy is raiding the enemies workers and destroy their economy so I can build up a nice large army/fleet much faster than them. However, at the same time this makes me very concious about the enemy doing this to me. Since base raiding relies very heavily on suprise, these sensor towers are a godsend, though I think they should use the radar tower skin.

I don't really care that much this will expose the location of my base if the enmy gets within the line of sight of my detection field. If their scouts get that close they are likely to find my base very soon anyway. The only downside is, I won't know that they found me, unless their stupid enough to enter the detection field.

These towers, plus the Survellence Station will allow me to know what my opponnent is doing and be able to act accordingly. I love rading and using the element of suprise, but at the same time I hate to be suprised.

5. DontHate

DontHate New Member

pretty neat, but i hope they change the look of it to the look of the radar tower. I'm a sucker for cool rotating things.

6. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    hmm... not what i was looking forward to, but its at least something to make up for last week. i wanted two buildings at a time tho, oh well.

7. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

I think sensors should be an add-on to defenses instead of a building...

8. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@generalrievous
    i dont think that a good idea, cuz that means if you have want to have a tower, you must have a available building with you. It'll be very cumbersome if during a battle you need detector but you dont have enough energy for a scanner (or dont even have one). Do nomad still have detection?

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yes, the Nomad is the Terran mobile detection unit.

10. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Doesnt look that powerful. The range is kinda short imo. Decent players will just send a mass of units in, and you will see it 3 seconds before it hits lol.

11. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Yes, but that's why you need to have them outside of your base as well to give you a decent detection field perimeter. You probably won't be able to afford to do this around your entire base early on but if the game turtles you can ring your base with strategicaly placed towers to get a nice buffer zone. It wasn't a bad idea to do this with turrets in SC 1 either.

12. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Ignore the smilies I just use them for text breakers.

Yeah since you can only see the dots on your screen having one doesnt help that much, you have to go back and check on it, and like Meloku said it doesn't really help much with a full force attack I really doubt the terran are gonna get way more 8) deffense in that 3 seconds, or heck they might not even be looking and it wouldn't matter any more. ;D The only thing this really helps with is for stuff like a reaver drop. :thumbup: (yes i know they arent in the game any more its just a good example becuase almost everyone should know what it is.... P.S. its when you shuttle in some reavers and drop :eek: them on the emeny :eek: never would have guessed right?) The only thing this can be used for is when like in the video someone drops buildings into your base, or like my most hated protoss stragey block people in with cannons so they are stuck in their base, and for when someone is dropping units :-\ in a corner of your base, but this is quite quite good when facing protoss. Remember when alot of people said that the phase prism ;) to warp units into a coner of a base was great and a little op maybe? Bam here is your counter you terrans, they come in with the phase prism and you see little dots start :eek: to appear run over there and kill them while warping in before they get an army. So for anyone thats says its over powered, its really not, I thought it was at first to but I didnt really know how it worked than.

Ok for anyone who has read my long posts before you know the smilies dont mean anything, I just put them there so people dont have to look at a giant block of text, which tends to put people off you know?

13. LxMike

LxMike New Member

eh... it look like the Commande Conquer Nod's Disrupter tower, and they even copied the dummy disrupter tower to fool the enemy idea.

14. IO

IO New Member

interesting.... very interesting.... a building! Well thats something new..... Now would you kindly excuse me while i finish reading this article....

15. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Ahhh man everyone is ignoring my giant post, I'll have you guys know thats the longest post I've ever made thank you now I feel all bad.... I'm going to go cry :bigcry: pshhhh btw its ^^^^^ up there.

16. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Zerg on Halloween?

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Hellgate London comes out then. Will enough people care for Blizzard to try releasing Zerg then?

18. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Hellgate London not as good as they hype, not bad by any stretch of the imagination but not as good as many say it is, or at least what they've released so far.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well it has been hyped alot. That's my point.

20. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

ill have u know ssjfox, i found ur long post to be very informing, though i already knew aobut the reaver drop, i forgot about the phase prism. This does make for an excelent counter