1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

?

Should more SCVs be able to build a base at the same time?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Make it an upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

1. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Yea because in begin you cant afford to take scvs off the mineral line so that idea would just mess terran up early.

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

That was what I was going to say.

3. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I voted NO on this one.

4. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I would have to say a firm no on multiple SCV building one building. As its basically giving them a running start on the other races by being able to build a structure faster. Such as when they began to expand they could just send 5 or 6 SCVs to one spot and have them build a CC there then move on and so fourth and control the whole map all the while the other races have maybe 1 or two outpost. I think it would definitely put a bad spin on the Terran. I'll take an example to show this off atm since I have the time to allow a good analysis on this.

Now then since a Terran Command Center and Protoss Nexus both are buildings with the same relative build times lets begin with those. ( I say relative as I do not know the exact build times and cannot find a source for that, but, I presume it is the same as they both have 1500 Total Damage Absorption.)

Now a Nexus paced to a Command Center on a normal occasion would be the same. If the Command Center than had 4 more SCVs increase the building rate of it it would be 4x that of a Nexus Warp-In. Thus, it would make it so the Terran could easily gain the whole of the battlefield with little or no work except the gathering of Minerals. This would totally make the other races inferior to the Terrans as they would not be able to expand quickly enough to counter the massive Terran Command Center Chain.

A second example would be between a Terran Academy and a Protoss Pylon. Now although they are two separate structures they both have an equivalent amount of damage absorption and thus are viable options for a comparison. If an Academy and Pylon were built at the same time and the Academy had 5 SCVs building it would build 5x faster and thus finish before the Pylon. Thus we come to the same problem that it would be unfair to the other races.

As far as it goes for the SCV it would be something to the likes of this. It can heal units(Multiple SCVs on a unit I might add.), it can build buildings, and it can mine gas and minerals. A probe can only mine minerals and gas and Warp-in buildings. A Drone albeit is closer in that it is the same as a Probe, but, can burrow.

With this in mind it makes the SCV a highly effective unit for the cost and the point at which you get it makes it valuable throughout the game. The Drone, although valuable, is not able to be used throughout the game like the SCV nor is the Probe. With all of these aspects of the SCV adding another would be stupid and add a slight unbalance between the basic scope of each race.

So, to conclude the SCV does not deserve this option as it is already a versatile unit as it is. We don't need it to become more worthwhile than it already is. So I firmly vote No as I stated before. :)

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Hey! I started this thread. Why is gold an ''author'' :eek: :mad:

6. Light

Light Guest

i think they merged 2 threads together..or something.

7. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Oh... O.K. Then :good:

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I voted YES. Yes because I also want the SCVs to repair the mechanical units and structures together.

I want the blue fire of the SCVs to become orange like in the first SC.

9. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

It takes away there feel save that machanic for starcraft 3 when they introduce the xel'naga.

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Starcraft II hasn't even come out yet, we can't talk about Starcraft III. We don't even know if it will get that far...

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Of course it will! Its like believing that Diablo 3 wont come out! maybe it will take blizz another 15 years or something before they announce starcraft 3, but i am kinda sure it will happen.

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

er. this sounds like a cheap idea. u could just quickly get up a bunker rush or a proxy rush or some other cheese strat.

13. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Donthate, nice Avatar i like it :)

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    A surprisingly high percentage of the voters actually want this idea to be in the game...

For the sake of balance, this really shouldn't be in SC. Seriously.

Samir Souleyman, you already could repair with the same building with multiple SCVs at the same time. Repairing with multiple SCVs and building with multiple SCVs are two completely different things. You don't need one to have the other.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Remeber how they balanced it in WC3 was to make it cost more for the building so it is done faster but you have to pay for the extra speed

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    yep, it can always be balanced. But since the Thor is a building, wouldnt it be a little imba to build one in 4 seconds just because you got 100 extra minerals..?

17. coreyb

coreyb Guest

I voted make it an upgrade but I am the secondth one to vote on it...isn't it a good idea and why not anyone because I think it is a pritty good idea but probebly not great and iff people think it's a big thing then it should be expensive upgrade!

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    It's NOT a pretty good idea... I'll try to be nice, but this really isn't doable at all.

The Terran can't have this building advantage. They're slightly faster and cheaper than the Protoss at production, but they overpower them with firepower. If you give them the ability to speed their building with a number of SCVs you're effectively giving them an advantage for free.

While I don't like the idea, if you REALLY wanted to implement it, you would need to charge a VERY high amount of minerals for the second SCV to build that building as well.

19. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Well the protoss and the zerg would have some upgrade to build faster too.

20. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    How??? The SCV is the only unit that can really be compounded. The other upgrades would just be an increase in speed rather than a new mechanic. It would speed up gameplay for absolutely no reason. Just set it to fastest ;).

The Drone is sacrificial for the building, the Probe leaves it alone... only the Terran can increase build times by using more workers.