1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

?

Should more SCVs be able to build a base at the same time?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Make it an upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah, confirmed a couple weeks ago lol.

2. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Auto repair, heal and one or two other skills are the only abilities that can be set to auto cast. The rest must be activated a mano.

3. grrrr...

grrrr... New Member

super scv? man, since when scv can be called "super"

4. grrrr...

grrrr... New Member

is it free? sometimes id rather not have my units repaired juz to save $

5. Ych

Ych New Member

You can turn autocast on and off. So if you want to save money, just turn off the autocat for SCV's repair ability.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    since you can merge 6 of em. if you have´nt read the entire conversation, you should´nt ask questions

its not true that you can ofcourse. but in this discussion... well here you can;D

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    If you think that SCVs aren't "super" you haven't watched a Korean SC Tournament game with a Terran player...

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

God, Ive seen this thread previously but did not dare to wander into its looming threshhold. Now that I have Ive burnt up more neurons reading this that I would of done by chopping my head off.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Super SCV-topic - 1, Ghost - 0

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    SCVs should be sacrificed and tons of them come together to make a Super Thor.

Discuss.

11. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Must.. save... braincells... press... self.....destruct..button. *Head Explodes* :army: Anyways... Super SCV... try this on for size.

Terran SCV HAG Class (Heavy Armored Gatherer)
    Tier: 2 Researched from Munitions Depot
    Cost: 3 SCV combine together Food Count: 1
    Hit Points: 35 Armor: 4(+1 For each Infantry Armor Upgrade) Attack: 5(Does not change)
    Gathering Rates: Minerals: 16 on Normal Deposit/24 on Yellow Deposit Gas: 16
    Speed: Slow( Near that of Battlecruiser, but for ground.) Size: M Armor Type: Armored
    Build Rate: 75% Faster than Normal Ability: Ion Thruster

Ion Thruster: Moves for 3 Seconds at rate of Vulture(Cobra either way)

One of many options you could consider for a Super SCV and now this post should bring it back on track.
    My Life for Aiur!
    ShdwyTemplar - 1 Off-Topic-Topic - 0 ;D

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Wow, you guys give this way more thought than I give you credit for.... I sure hope this doesn't turn into one of those... Let's put a strange SCV in because its popular online....

I'm TIRED of these M*F* snakes... on this M*F* plane!!!!!!!!!!

I'm TIRED of thes M*F* snakes... on this M*F* plane!!!!!!!!

13. jakjak42

jakjak42 New Member

i agree completly i mean the medic has an auto heal ability why cant that be the same for the scv

14. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

aslong as they dont make it to easy...starcraft without micro is. not starcraft

(btw, if u want to *autorepair* in original starcraft just select an scv and hold the shift key in, and right click on upto 10mechunits/buildings and it will repair them 1 by 1 automaticly)

15. Well, I would have to agree about the whole deal about having auto-repair and making it alot eaisier for battle and having units and buildings last alot longer with less trouble. The only thing I would think though I mean if they are trying to make the game more realistic and what not wouldn't you think that they would take that off. This way you would have to physicaly click on the units/structure to repair it. If you think about it in real life we dont go around having an "auto-repair" which will automaticaly start fixing things...I'm not exactly sure but overall I think that if they did take that out of the game then it would just make it a bit more challenging and keep you on your toes to make sure that the units/structures you wouldn't want destroyed wont be. I relize though that they have already decided to have that within the game, and right now it just seems like I will be possibly running my mouth for nothing, but just something to think about.

16. b0urne

b0urne New Member

Spartan i respect your opinion, but if I had a real-life army (please please please please...), I would probably designate certain units as "repair SCV's" which sole task in this imaginary military was to repair wounded mechs. Adding an auto-heal and auto-repair also changes the gameplay mechanics: kill the healer, and the rest of the team will fall (inspired from WoW and Guild Wars). And since blizzard isn't introducing a new race, like the Xel'Naga, they need some changes from SC1 just because SC2 is like 10 years ahead of its predecessor (and not that I have any problems with the first starcraft)

17. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

1. spartans? cmmon thats getting really old
    2.WoW is not starcraft, wow is ruined by healers playing a too big part...
    3.why does sc2 "NEED" changes like that? why fix what is not broken?

18. b0urne

b0urne New Member

i don't really want to get into a big discussion over this, but if you bring over units and buildings from sc1 and their 'abilities' are unchanged, then sc2 will just be an expansion of sc1. all i'm saying is, take the fabulous gameplay and balanced races from sc1 and carry that over to sc2. i know auto repair would decrease micro a bit but look at the protoss: in that 1st gameplay video they had crazy weapons, and i'm sure zerg will too; so auto repair will be needed and will be included, as i've read.

19. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

D00d, that's really cool I never knew you could do that. Man, I feel like a n00b. I swear, repairing was such a bitch in SC1. Although the only downer/slight imba. with auto repair is that the other races dont' even have repair or heal of any sort really. So maybe the whole point of not having the SCV's be too convenient was due to an imba. issue? Maybe not, hopefully not cuz I'd rather have them do their job on their own.

20. jakjak42

jakjak42 New Member

yes that is true but do we have zergs in real life trying to devour us. dude wtf its a game not real life