1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

?

Should more SCVs be able to build a base at the same time?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Make it an upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

SCVs

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, Jun 1, 2007.

1. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

I fail to see how this would dumb down the game if implemented with enough restrictions. If SCVs repair anything on their own while on the move then yes, it would take much of the skill out for Terran. Because the station cannot repair anything in combat or being used it doesn't impede the required micro skill that it would in battle; which is where micro mostly resides.

Where a repair station is properly utilized is outside of the combat zone, before combat, and after combat. Those time frames are that in which almost no microing skill is required. It just makes the act of repairing idle units more efficient.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

I was talking about the immobile SCV auto repair mode where it repairs faster than normal.
    A repair bay building would be fine. Put a unit into the repair bay, have the unit be disabled until it is repaired or until you cancel the repair.

3. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think it's just fine the way it is and no need to change it. The only thing I would like to see is that you can put multiple SCVs on a single structure to speed up building.

4. paragon

paragon Guest

Na I think that would be imbalanced. Speed build bunkers and turrets for quick defense when you need it. Bad idea.

5. Protoss Kills Infinitely

Protoss Kills Infinitely New Member

they should make it build faster because every time i play terran and i verse a zerg they kill me with zerglings to fast :bad:
    i'd like to put a few scv's on a barracks so i can get a quicker defense :thumbup:

6. paragon

paragon Guest

Well then you gotta become faster. Because I can outrush zerg with protoss and easily outrush zerg with terran.

7. capthavic

capthavic New Member

No it's not. There have been plenty of games that allow that without hurting the game.

8. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    They should just add the auto repair function but make the repair less.

9. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Just make the auto-repair a toggle skill, this can let you micro your other units to enhance your gameplay.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

Name one. And don't say WC3 because that game is hurt enough.

11. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Age of Empires 3 if I remember correctly

12. paragon

paragon Guest

Oh god not that game.
    I got like 3 missions into the campaign and quit playing because it was so boring/dumb/not fun

13. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

hey limabean, that may be a good idea for scvs, but when they're in auto repair, do you mean repairing machines? or infantry?

14. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Machines only. SCVs can't repair infantry anyway.

15. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

yeah thats what was confusing when i read this

16. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    It's nice that the actual chunks of mineral they broke off look unique, unlike the ones from the original SC that all looked the same.

Another good thing about the upgraded Space Contruction Viehcle is that you can actually see the treads. I had no idea SCV's had these in the original, looked more like jetpacks in SC1.

17. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    another thing, why is the fire from the jet packs blue? they cant be THAT hot, or maybe terrans decided to go on psi propulsion :p

18. paragon

paragon Guest

well if it was psi then the color of them would be team color in starcraft 2 but we saw red ones with blue flame too.
    i think (hope) that is just a filler model
    much digital enhancements and hours of research has revealed that the SCV looks like this:

it's not really a suit like the marine's is so much as it is a small hovering vehicle. much like the arms and legs of a goliath pilot do not go in the actual arms and legs of the goliath, the arms and legs of the SCV pilot do not go in the arms and legs of the SCV.

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think the legs (or what look like treads on the new one) are like that because when the jetpacks aren't in use they need to be able to stand up. And that just looks like a drill, it's still a fusion cutter.

As for the flame color I don't know why it's like that but I like blue so it's fine with me.

20. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

id say its simply a graphical improvement, like in the gameplay demo when the scv's build turrets after the 3warp rays are down there is a huge "robotic arm" helping them build...