1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Do you want blizzard to bring back the scout and corsair and get rid of the pheonix?

1. Yes, the pheonix looks crappy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the pheonix will be much more useful than the scout and corsair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I want them both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care because I don't like protoss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yeah, good point. What about 200 minerals and 150 gas?

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Yea maybe more like 250 minerals and 100 gas but almost same thing ^_^

I'm thinking the overload is an upgrade that'll cost prolly 200 minerals 200 gas.

3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Im tired of air units having a slow ground attack, I rather they had low dmg but fast firing spd.

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    You can only fit 2 into a Shuttle. Yes they'll move smarter and swifter in a Shuttle, but only 2 at a time. The moving phase of any kind on a Dragoon sucks. Ferociously.

So you just upgrade damage and not range? And even upgrading the attack is a waste of time because of their slow recharge.

And your going to spend almost 2000 of each resource to get that? Along WITH the damn cost of a Scout?

Anyways. What's the cooldown on Overload going to be like? Or do you think this is a use it at your own risk ability?

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Its like 10 seconds, but like someone mentioned in "Fastest" speed it'll be like 4 seconds hehe.

6. surr

surr New Member

so basically the scout is pointless and not one of you ever used it for good

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    the only thing scout was good for was AA, and there were other units that could do it better, like the carrier or corsair. Not to mention the scout cost almost as much as the carrier did. I'll miss corsairs though.

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    When I play as Protoss, I start laughing maniacally when one of my Scouts die.

They were just that bad.

9. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

i want them both ^^ i will rule the skys that way XD

10. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD
    Pheonix got my vote, That overload sound is awsome.

11. Armadeo

Armadeo New Member

The phoenix will probably be far more useful than either the scout or the corsair. While I loved the versatile scout, the introduction of the cheaper, more niched corsair made it virtually obsolete. The only advantages the scout had over the corsair was its ability to harass ground units (and it was far to expensive for this role), and its ability to take down large air units (which were simply too rare in non-money maps).

The Phoenix is just as versatile as the scout, and, with the overload ability, is probably a better air superiority unit than the corsair. Provided it is not overpriced, I'd expect that the Phoenix will see more game play than either the scout or corsair.

12. burkid

burkid New Member

i think he ment cooldown on the ability, not the offline time afterwards. the offline will be about 10 seconds, but the cooldown will probably be 30 seconds.

Pheonix FTW!

13. corsairs with their bitch tazers were my least favorite protoss unit scouts looked cool but way too expensive and i never really liked their missles they seemed like primitive terran weapons. Pheonix is better than both in looks and seems it will be more useful

14. burkid

burkid New Member

admiral, for your post you get a :good:,
    and for your avatar you get a :powerup:.
    welcome to the forums

15. shadow

shadow New Member

DONTHATE!!

jezz gimme a break guys.
    the scout owns!! and that is FINAL.

good: fast, good vision, good AA firepower, looks good, lotsa hitpoints and shields.
    bad: bit exspensive, bad ground attack. "against ground you might as well open the cockpit and call them names"
    good definition nikzad, made eaven me laught :good:

P.S dont think there is a cool down on the overload........ thats what i think.

16. nortonanti

nortonanti New Member

Toronto
    scout wasn't good enough for the cost
    I believe the pheonix costs 150 minerals and 100 gas way less then the scout
    I will miss the corsair but the pheonix rocks

17. Spointz2020

Spointz2020 New Member

Corsairs were the best!!! I mean okay fine i hsould admit how Scouts really didn't see much playtime, but Corsairs were by far one of the most well-designed, well-thought, and well-used units in the entire game!! Cheap but useful en-masse gave a lot mroe too the toss... I will surely miss them so greatly... I mean i personally don't like the Pheonix Models either... sooo that gets me even more pissed :(

18. Frost

Frost New Member

Koreans are going to have a good time abusing the fact that the Phoenix doesn't move when it's using overlord, those are gonna be some CRAZY air battles.

19. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

Scout is ONE of the 2 worst units in StarCraft because of high cost. Well, the Wraith is the other one because it really ain't that effective. It's a good thing both are gonna be removed but I think that Corsair should stay because it is already a good unit. But since the job is passed to the Phoenix, why not give the Phoenix the ability of Distruption Web?

20. Ych

Ych New Member

I was reading some guys review at BlizzCon and they were saying that the Phoenix were harshly imbalanced at the moment. They fly as fast as the mutalisk, trains just as fast, has further range, and are as cheap as hell. All they need to do is do hit and run at your mineral line and there is not much to stop them. 4 hits from the Phoenix = dead worker so basically, just tell 4 of these can pick apart the worker line. Only decent counter according to the review is the Twilight Archons but not when the Phoenix is dancing everywhere around your base.

Blizzard is also very well aware of the Phoenix incident and they stated to expect a nerf to the upcoming Phoenix in the near future.