1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Do you want blizzard to bring back the scout and corsair and get rid of the pheonix?

1. Yes, the pheonix looks crappy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the pheonix will be much more useful than the scout and corsair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I want them both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care because I don't like protoss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Scout + Corsair vs. Pheonix

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by didd293, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

dragoons trying to get around each other is one of the most painful things you can watch as an attacking Protoss player. There is always one that starts walking back and forth in place and blocking all the other ones because it has nowhere to go because there are more semi-retarded dragoons up front

2. surr

surr New Member

why do all hate the scout its one of my favourite unit

3. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

because it was good against air but against ground you might as well open the cockpit and call them names

compared to price i mean

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

price, crap ground attack, not the best air attack, and build time.

5. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea i used to goons a lot, but it gets really annoying when once it touches an object that is blocking its path, then its legs go berserk!

I wasn't acclimated to the hold function, but once corsairs came in, I had to cause all they would do is f-in attack and chase an overlord. Sometimes i don't even see it until the corsair gets in trouble and its almost dead from chasing an overlord by a f-in spore colony.

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yeah but it had insane movement speed and its air attack was the best of the non anti-aircraft.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

you're better off building carriers instead of scouts because their cost isn't that different

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

to get that "insane movement speed" , you would need to upgrade it. also corsairs are faster than a scout and are better for AA.

9. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

i agree that scout was probably the worst protoss unit it was too expensive and its only redeeming quality was its speed
    but as for dragoon being another horrible protoss unit i compleatly disagree the dragoon was one of the best units it was flexable and was a moving photon cannon you shouldent diss it

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Dragoon: HARHAR I MUV DOWN RAMP 2 KILL.

Dragoon: ONOZ WTF I STUCK *Dies*

11. Ych

Ych New Member

Scouts simply were no good. They were simply too expensive. Not only that, they need 2 upgrades seperately to make them fully effective. I am just glad that the Phoenix has replaced both the Scouts (Heavily underused/neverused) and Corsairs (Heavily overused). Corsairs are too strong for their price. Captial ships are suppose to counter these guys and yet cost for cost, Corsairs still rape them. Doesn't really make sense right? With the introduction of Phoenix, now we won't have to worry about some heavily overused/underused units for the Protoss. (Unless Blizzard doesn't do a good balancing job and somehow make the Phoenix/Warp Ray/Tempest too strong/weak, that one of them is going to be heavily underused/overused).

12. Spointz2020

Spointz2020 New Member

the PHoenix should go to hell PERIOD. IT is damn ugly retarded, useles, double retarded, andtripolatte crappy - it is definitely crappier than scout or corsair (and no one even used scouts).. ne wayz corsairs were like the pwnage stuff, if they replace them with those crap-er-loads, i'll be so pissed :mad: they shoulda just maintained original starcraft units, cept jsut take away scout and replace them with something more important while updating other units to moderate extent... also add 2 new units or smthing w/o removing too many and destroying the core.. more over, i guess i coudl take some change obviously cuz its necessary, but WTF CARRIER GETS REPLACED BY THAT CRAPPY WARP RAY!!!!??!?!

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    That paragraph hurt my eyes.

Scouts had a pathetic ground attack and decent air attack.
    Corsairs had one ability and could only attack air.

Phoenix has Overload and the time it takes to come back online is short, and we saw it in action on Normal speed as the Blizzard player told us. In the fastest speed like 99% of the Starcraft players go on, the offline part will be almost a blink of an eye.
    I'm predicting their attack will be around 10 - 14 damage per shot.

Phoenixes would most likely be the most versatile Protoss Air and most used. This is just my guess though.

14. Alukard

Alukard New Member

that made me smile for 10 minuts...thanks...

and about this topic

<---------my avy!

But the Pheonex looks promising, its has advantages over Scout and Corsair. but i think the web ability will show itself as ability of some other unit.

15. shanodin

shanodin New Member

The Phoenix beats Scout and Corsair no doubt.

But...

The lasers are too thin...

16. shadow

shadow New Member

you are nuts!!!! the dragoon owns! if you are having a problem with ther movement the put them in a shuttle stupid!!!!
    the dragoons are huge, not strange they can,t get up stairs. there phase destruptors have 20 base damage, 29 vhen upgraded full!!!

as for the scout. it DO have the air to air damage of a battlecrusier when upgraded and it IS the fastest unit in the game when upgraded.

17. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    1. Tempest = Carriers (to a moderate extent)

2. There's really no core really being destroyed. You see so far either the basic units being maintained and upgraded or the old units are being improved like scout --> phoenix or dragoon --> immortal/stalker.

3. Corsairs weren't even that good anyways. They had a weak attack, weak range, and really all they had was the disruption web. From what we saw in the gameplay video, were speculating that a certain unit (probably the twlight archon) will have a disruption like spell.

4. Phoenix is really just replacing the scout. So since you want the scout replaced... then there you have it... the phoenix which f-in kicks ass. Overload is just a special ability now. You don't have to use it. It's air attack seems decent anyways.

5. If you don't like it, then stick to SC1

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Well, if the phoenix replaces both the scout and the corsair, their gonna cost and arm and a leg.

19. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

good idea...and we'll call it....
    STARCRAFT 2: CEREBRATE WAR

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I'm sure it won't cost as much as a scout. maybe just a little more expensive than a corsair. if they make it as expensive as a scout it'd turn into the scout again.