1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scourge Evole?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Inside Sin, Jun 11, 2007.

Scourge Evole?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Inside Sin, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Steve22x

Steve22x New Member

I think if they keep the scourge and decide to "evolve" it they might make it explode on a bigger scale or maybe allow it to attack ground as well. If the carrier is gone will we even need those things?

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    well there is the tempest, mothership, and battlecruiser. so the scourge i think is here to say without any evolving. it's good for what it does. why change something if it ain't broke.

3. wolfblood

wolfblood New Member

Does Zerglings have wings? xD

4. Piretes

Piretes New Member

Scourge should stay as it is, but Zerg sure need some better AA than Devourer... Hate that thing..it's practically useless without support..

5. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I actually love how unique they made to devourer, not to mention how sickeningly good they are.

The fact that they evolve from mutas mean that you can evolve badly hurt mutas into devourers and get full HP back when the need for more AA arises. And the devourer spore attack, man, I would never understand how someone can just sit there and come up with something crazy like that. Devourer acid spores are just sick.

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i hope scourges evolve into nothing and they beef up the devs so they attack a bit faster.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

Thats because it IS the support.

8. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

you can't outrun a scourge can you?

9. paragon

paragon Guest

The best thing to do against scourge is to just attack them. They have quite low HP and I think upped BCs can 1 shot them.

10. Ych

Ych New Member

If the Scourges are here to stay, I think they should have minor splash damage upon impact.
    Look at the Protoss SC2 air superiority. Lots of upgraded new toys. I think the best way for the Scourge to Evolve is to maybe make them look a bit different, and have the ability to do splash damage upon impact.

11. eclipse

eclipse New Member

a few units can, such as a shuttle with speed upgrade and scouts i think.

12. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

I agree. I don't see much point in the evolution of the Scourge. I think that splash damage is a good route to take if there is to be anything done to the Scourge. They were born to die...why evolve them?

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I bet overload rapes scourge

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

not necessarily. it takes a while for overload to kick in (at least it looks like it) and with 1 pheonix i'm pretty sure it won't be able to kill like 5 scourge with it's overload. also they're pretty damn slow.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

Well you'd have to be quick for sure but once you have a few of them going no scourge will be able to touch you.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    If you can snatch scourges with mutas, you can definitely do it with phoenix overload.

Well, the old SC1 scourges anyway. Not scourgezilla....

What? You haven't heard?

17. paragon

paragon Guest

scourgezilla is a myth designed to scare small children and korean girls.

18. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    i have to agree. i tend to think that they will be removed. If they stayed around I'd like to see them become some sort of leech, that attaches to ships and removes their shields. Something that in support, weakens the protoss and BC technological advances in the last decade. The best way to look at Zerg AA is atually to take it from the Protoss perspective and see what are their strengths and weaknesses and how have zerg evolved to counter them.

Still something gives me the feeling that any evolution will be a merging of two units, like scourge and muta merge and form when muta are weak and turn into a more powerful splash damage enducing kamakaze bomb.
    [me=opm]let's his imagination run[/me]

19. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

You could run with that leech idea... but instead of making them into actual leeches or removing them from the game entirely, They could explode on air units like they always do, but leave some sort of damaging residue that stays on the unit for a short period of time causing further damage to either HP or sheilds....just another thought....

20. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    the more i think about it the more the entire leech idea grows on me. something that in one mode attaches to the hull of enemy ships and drains them of hp, or weakens shields. eh, i doubt it would work. they'll probably just can the scourge entirely, which is a shame.