1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

1. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i can see 12 interceptors fitting in the carrier....how the hell can u not?

look how small the interceptors are..

ok...imo the engine is at the back...and the outter layer shield ( that pincer thingy with the two doors sliding back when the carrier is attacking) helps the carrier to...u know...stay flying. and in the middle TO the top of the body (where it looks like it has the energy crystal thingy) is where IMHO interceptors are in.

besides birdofprey...do u really want such hardcore animation graphic? like intercetors full coming out of the carrier? ...some people...like me -___-.............cant afford a new computer...with stunning graphic cards and ram and wateva a good computer has...

its just a game bro...

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I dont want a special animation. My PC sucks. I was pointing out that the interceptors don't seem to come from a specific part of the ship.

3. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Woah, Ace. Bird has a point, and it's not like he's asking for anything complex. No need to go flying off the handle (Badum dum tiss! ;D) I can see maybe, MAYBE, 12 interceptors fitting in there. But even if I could, I definitely could not see 12 Interceptors, along with 12 docking bays, and the equipment required to maintain and service each one.

It's not so much these little details that make the unit design iffy. It's the idea that it doesn't really seem like a Carrier. Now, WHY doesn't it seem like a Carrier? Because of all these individual details, plus the model of the unit itself.

Everyone is allowed to want the game to look good. As for the computer requirements, we know little to nothing about that yet, but chances are quite a few of us will need to upgrade anyway, unfortunately.

On a final note, please don't use the "It's just a game" comment. I think we can all agree that we're above that.

"Hey, how about we make it so that the Immortal's Hardened Shields reduce ALL damage to 1?"
    "What? That's completely imbalanced. No way."
    "Dude, it's just a game."

See what I mean?

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I am still under the opinion that most people are underestimating the size of these carriers. Assuming they are similar in size to the SC1 carriers Then 12 interceptors would probaly take up less than 1/10,000 (this including all of the support equipment for the interceptors) of the carriers volume with the remaing space going to everything else needed shipp including barracks and cargo bays, and room for the 1 pilot.

And for anyone who thinks im crazy rewatch the last cinematic of the Protoss campaign in SC1 you see both the size of a carrier and the size of an interceptor relative to it.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    That was a different carrier though. I for one can't imagine the forward section or the arches being habitable due to space inefficiencies but I suppose I need to stop thinking like an engineer

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    They may be different designs but they must be close to the same size or else a number of things wouldnt make sense. And if they are not the same most like the SC2 carriers are bigger because they need to house more interceptors and other gear since there is now fewer carriers in general.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was referring to the fact that the Carrier in the SC1 cinematics has NOTHING in common with the new carrier so while you can infer things about the SC1 carrier from that it would not apply to the SC2 one because it isn't the same carrier

8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    True but if the units are going to preform nearly identical roles (capital ships in this case) you can atleast make a few assumptions. One being that are most likely going to be similar in size.

Also all im doing is trying to use what little information we have to make the most general assumptions possible and then continueing to work from there.

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    An anti air battery and an interceptor perform the same role

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Thats definetly true but i was refering more to storyline roles as much as anything because that does seem more like whats being called into question here instead of mechanics.

11. blizzrox

blizzrox New Member

omg impact..i finally understand y carrier model is alsmot there but not quite...everything lox beautiful but the actual hull needs to be increased in size..if it stays this way, ill b sad coz it loox kinda odd...anyone!?

12. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Dude it look's perfect! , I don't know what Your real problem is with the new carrier is but it look's like the original but well done! and iff it's just the hull then...it's a carrier and it only hold's little interceptor's , 8 at max so far so it's fine! :)