1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Just want to ask, friends, am what do you think is the Avatar of the units in Starcraft and Broodwar, are really different now, in Starcraft II , beacause i noticed, that they dont even show some Avatars of the units, look guys when you tried to observed the demos and videos in sc2, almost similar avatars in terran and Protoss is it !!? :)

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It is early in production. Those kinds of things like unique unit portraits come much later

3. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Oh yes you are right, its too early, oh well, but the Protoss Carrier Avatar back ground in Starcraft broodwar is look like the Protoss carrier commander look he is in inside the cocoon
    look here guys

[img width=73 height=72]http://evula.com/starcraft/protoss/units/unit_faces/carrier.gif[/img]

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it occured to me, that on some pics the carrier looked far more impressive, i think it changes looks as it upgrades to 12 interceptor fighter bays

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Perhaps you should show us the pictures for comparison. It could just have something to do with foreshortening

6. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Foreshortening. The dimensions of things appear different depending on the angle of viewing

8. [JFC]

[JFC] Clan Empire

interceptors are too small, and they look like little binoculars !,

they really have to change them

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Thy look pretty much the same as the SC1 ones except in size

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

makes more sence for them to be smaller though. it's hard to imagine the sc1 intereceptors can fit in the carrier. I like the smaller ones.

11. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i want them to be just slightly bigger, like 10% bigger

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Seriously, who cares if the interceptors don't look like they could fit in the Carrier. Every single unit in the game is blown out of proportion. The Battlecruiser for example. Does it really look like it could hold a Thor and a thousand Marines in it?

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It isn't that the interceptors look too big. It is that the carrie looks like it has to little internal volume regardless of its actual size. It is mostly open which is the problem

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Which still comes down to the same thing. They're all out of proportion. If the units were all in proportion, you wouldn't be complaining about the Carrier not having enough volume since it'll be ten times bigger.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am talking about the ships proportions to itself. Compared to the engines the internal volume of the ship is exceedingly small

16. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

It's an alien vessel, Bird. For all we know, that back part that we see as the engines is actually all cargo space. The engines are actually paper thin and very wide.

http://starcraft2.com/flash/global/unitsplayer_protoss_carrier.swf

All in all, just try to remember that it's still, in the end, a game. I mean, where the hell does a Hydralisk get all those Spines? How can a dropship fit two siege tanks? It's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to look cool. It's not sloppy or lazy design work, it's knowing your market.

There's far more people that are going to look at this Carrier and say "Wow, that's awesome" than say "Wait a minute, how does it fit all those Interceptors in there?"

Of course, they could always try to take the middle ground and make it sexy AND fit 12 Interceptors. But, if society is to be a judge, then noone will be happy.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It does look cool I never said it didn't. I said it does not look like a good carrier model. I actually think it would make a better warp ray model than the one they have now. The crystal in the center looks like it is perfectfor channeling energy

HTF did you get into the Hyperion?

18. Bizarro_Paragon

That's up for debate. You'd have to ask the people who voted me in, as they can logically be the only people to know and understand their own thought processes.

I think the most important question here is: If you looked back on the SC1 Carrier, did you like it's design? What I'm trying to ask is, with the same standards as you apply to the SC2 Carrier in saying it's not a good Carrier model, how would you comment on the SC1 Carrier?

Despite the fact that I like the model, I will concede to you that the crystal in the center looks far more like it's placed to emit a giant laser than it is to... power the engines, or whatever it's doing now.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The SC1 was quite the fatass but I lied its design. It looked like a capital ship but could stand too loos some of the bulkiness.

I really think the perfect model is somewhere in between the Bulky blimp like look of the SC1 carrier and the minimalist open look of this new one

20. Bizarro_Paragon

Agreed. While you liked the first one more, I found that it was overly substantial, and was just in general far too much metal to cover... nothing. It looked like they were going all out to protect their air.

The newer model, on the other hand, I find sleek and very Protoss. However, I think I can definitely agree that the perfect model would lie somewhere between the two, though where, I doubt we would ever agree on. :good: