SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yeah, just look at it, it's main body is so small

http://starcraft2.com/flash/global/unitsplayer_protoss_carrier.swf

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Which part is the main body anyway?

3. headstock

headstock New Member

you know maybe just an extra section on the back, a slight length extention might make it look a bit more the cap ship it claims to be... i still dig the new one though but i do agree it doesnt stand out as a capital... bit more length would do it for me though

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The carrier model does not look like a capital ship but it would Bea good alternate ,model for the warp ray

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I think you guys arnt even giving it a chance. The SC1 carriers didnt look like they could hold there interceptors either. That is unitl you realize the carrier is probally less than 1/10 its normal size by comparisson to the interceptors. The same alos goes for the SC2 carrier. Also i keep looking back at the model and for the life of me i cannot see what you guys are talking about when you say the arches arnt connected. It appears to me that all of the arches are connected at both ends of the arch.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    According to a post on Battle Net by Karune they have not balanced the Carrier yet at all so it hasn't been nerfed at all they just released it a little soon

7. Recon

Recon New Member

i dont like the carriers as much as i did the tempests. the flying disks looked cooler than interceptors. :(

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah I liked the Tempest better myself. Interceptors look better than Shurikens better though

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

well the 2 giant pincer like things on each side are not part of the main body, if you visuliased it without those "pincers" you'll see the what i called the "main body" it's actually shaped like a elongated human torso (the back of the carrier is the neck)

http://starcraft2.com/flash/global/unitsplayer_protoss_carrier.swf

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    So the rearward section then? I can't see that having enough room for much or anything

11. Ych

Ych New Member

I hear a lot of people hating the new Carrier model.
    I personally think that it kicks major ass simply because it looks soo sleek and Protoss like.

I really hated the SC1 Carriers because they look like fricking blimps. They don't even look Protoss like. They look cheap too.

Oh well, I guess everyone has different opinions. :-\

12. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Not everyone i completely agree with you ych9 the older model looked worse than this one. also if actually look at the difference between the two all they did was make it 3d and remove those enormous outer armor plates that were held on by what looked like a flimsy piece of metal. (if people have no idea what im talking you really need to take a good look at a cinematic of the old carrier)

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I never said I hated the model. It just doesn't look like a capital ship and since I am studying to be an engineer I have a practical mind that can';'t get around the fact that it has such little internal volume too small to actually carry something. The SC1 model was a little to big and fat but it actually looked like a capital ship and looked like it was cavernous enough to hold something

14. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Bop i still think your underestimating the size of the new carrier. Seriously go back and look at the size of the gantrithor in last cinematic of SC1 and imagine how big these carriers would be relative to there interceptors. (i am assuming that they will be roughly the same size)

15. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

So, Carrier is already Revealed in the official site of Starcraft II, im just wondering why, isn't its Tempest how is it that its Carrier is that mean that they change the Tempest i mean they removed the name Tempest is it ??? :)

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Some people with insufficient information about the Tempest prematurely passed judgement and started complaining so Blizzard changed the name and the color scheme. Its Blizzards half assed idea of bringing back the carrier to appease the masses

17. Protosscommander

Oh thanks for the Information, well if im the one to ask much better if Carrier . yes because like what you've said its so insufficient when it comes to the Tempest :) Thanks and the color now is much better than the Tempest. If they released and declared a units in the Starcraft official site is that mean that its already final, and nothing to be change anymore ??? :)

18. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Blizzard has said time and agin that nothing is final including stuff on the site. All that being on the site means is that the unit/building is alot more likely to be in the game.

19. Protosscommander

Oh i see, because ithought that when the units is in the Official site its final, well thanks for that :)

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No the Warp ray even though still being gold o the site is now Dark Templar steel gray now to counterbalance the Carrier being gold.