1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

SCII Carrier on StarCraft 2 site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Proxy-serva, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Thank god. Or, specifically, thank Karune.

Honestly though, how much showing-off does the Carrier need? Give it some Marines to beat up at the same time and you're golden.

Ah well. I'm just thankful it'll be back to it's normal uberness, and I can get back to pwning scrubs who rely on it way to much by way of Dark Swarm and Hydralisks. (Assuming DS is back)

2. Snubble

Snubble New Member

I really hope they use the same or similar sound effect for when the carrier release the interceptors. I <3 that sound a lot, its so recognizeable. Too bad they didn't put a sound bite on their preview.

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I would guess that the reasoning behind any nerfage of the Carrier would have to do with the fact that the Protoss also have the Mothership. And the Warp Ray. And the Phoenix. If the Carrier was too good the Protoss Air force would be unstoppable.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I would seriously like the carrier to look less hollow. if you look at it the central area is EMPTY and the arms on the sides aren't even physicly connected. The old carrier looked substantial and even more looked like it had bays. The new look doesn't look like it can hold 2 interceptors

5. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I actually like the new carrier look. Long and sleek like a modern aircraft carrier. Its not an attack vessel its a mobile landing strip.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    My main qualm is the fact that the interceptors just materialize. Watch the video of them launching then tell me where they came from because it looks to me like they appear from a hollow space as opposed to emerging form some sort of fighter bay. If the forward area was solid it would not look as funny then it would look like it could hold 6 interceptors

7. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

in the pcgamer vid you can see theres a blue puddle in the middle of the carrier, so it looks like there being warped in.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am talking about the Starcraft2.com one.
    You see room for any bays? My problem also is there was no warp animation, and the interceptors did not fly out of any part of the ship. They just appear in front of it

9. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

still looks like there being warped in, doesnt mean that they are warping in from another planet but rather they warp in from hangars to front of the ship.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    WHAT HANGERS? There is no space in the ship for them

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The question is WHERE do thy come from?  Where are the fighter bays.  the ship has no room for them thats the point. The volume of that ship is insufficient to hold 12 fighters and still be able to build service and launch them

12. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    You have to imagine the carriers being alot bigger without the interceptors changing size at all. Think of the size of the carrier relative to its interceptors in the SC1 cinematics vs the size of the carrier to its interceptors in the actual game.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah but the SC1 carrier actually looked like it could carry all eight interceptors and still have room for more stuff

14. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

The "slit" in the side, watch closely when the interceptors are first launched. It is "unlocked" by moving back the "Ring" part.

15. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Hi, I'm new here, nice forum btw

Did you guys notice the carrier don't have a lot of shield, suposse the carrier have full HP and shield and that there are not upgraded(shield=0), it took the battle 15 shots of laser which is a bit more then 2 shot cycle

so if the carrier have 150 shield as in the original, that mean the battlecruiser deal 10 damage per laser or 60 damages per cycle(10*6) which is a good upgrade over the original battlecruiser which deal only 25 damage

if the battlecuiser's upgrade since not normal then we have to suposse the carrier have very little shield which could make them vulnerable to spell plague.

and also 3 carrier didn't owned the battlecuiser that much, we can expect the carrier should be supported by mothership or warp ray which is kinda a lot of micro for me

16. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

-BirdofPrey-

Did they really seem like that though? Consider this screenshot off of battle.net

[img width=640 height=480]http://www.battle.net/images/battle/scc/protoss/pix/units/screenshots/ca03.jpg[/img]

Now multiply that Interceptor by 8. I don't think it really makes any sense that 8 Interceptors could fit in there, even without other stuff. I think we've just been so conditioned to seeing it, that it looks normal to us.

The one aesthetic thing I hope is changed is that the Carrier seems to float up and down fairly rapidly. I hope they slow it down a bit, as the Carriers should be exuding an air of power and calm, while the Interceptors are the ones in a frenzy.

17. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Huh...I really convinced myself that they were going to make a new model for the Carrier. It still looks sleek and dark-templar-ish when it should be large and cavernous. At least, that's what I think. Oh well...the interceptors look cool.

18. headstock

headstock New Member

i reckon the sc2 carrier is awesome, i always hated how the interceptors in the original looked way too big to even fit the number of them in the carrier. sc2 carrier looks mad, and the interceptors are smaller looks more proportional

19. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I prefer the new Carrier over the old too. The old Carrier looked like this weird hunk of metal. The new one looks like an actual ship.

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I never said I did not like the model I just think it looks too insubstantial for a capitol ship. The arches on the side are not connected nor are the pieces of the forward section. It has so many gaps it looks like an EMP can destroy the ship. Plus as I have mentioned there is no way 12 interceptors fit inside of that thing.

It looks more like it would be a support ship than a frontline capital ship