Replacements for Firebats

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Zak Frost, Jul 25, 2008.

Replacements for Firebats

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Zak Frost, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    soooo.....
    whats going to replace the AoE attack that we all use to counter waves of lings?

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Fireba-

Wait.

3. Ych

Ych New Member

The Jackals is basically a better version of the firebat. It has a longer range and it moves faster.

4. Zerks

Zerks New Member

dont they still have the maruader? or did that ditch it and give it to the jackel?

-Zerks

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Marauders and Jackals are both present in the current build.

6. Gforce

Gforce New Member

The marauder is a pretty good unit, imo. I like his unit stopping ability, though i wish there was more footage of him.

7. Zerks

Zerks New Member

unit stopping ability? never have heard of it.

well im glad the terran have the maruader still ;P

-Zerks

8. Gforce

Gforce New Member

his normal attack will make the unit stop for X number of seconds. Cant remember the exact amount.

9. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Have you seen the size of those pistols?

10. firemanbob

firemanbob New Member

TX
    Originally I didn't like Zak's suggestion, since he was bashing my favorite unit (the firebat), but I really think the chainsaw suggestion is great. Yeah maybe it is not a practical weapon for modern combat, but neither is any other melee weapon. any SC unit that melee attacks would not work in a real war. but this is a SCI-FI game (emphasis on the FI). Anyway, chainsaws......freaking awesome. any of y'all play Gears of War? Great game. Best part? Slaughtering your enemy with a freaking chainsaw. It would be even cooler if they had a unique death animation for units that are killed by the chainsaws, double the gore and whatnot. Shotguns are pretty cool too but chainsaws would be the most badass weapon in the game. They could even give it a cool name like.....mechanical ......abscission....device....or....uhhh... M.A.D. for short. yeah, thats gold

11. onlyhuman

onlyhuman New Member

about the reapers, they are serious criminal offenders who went through especially strict and intense discipline and correction. they went through brutal training, and all the discipline is channeled into teaching them efficient and deadly skills. doing the job of using jetpacks, detonating bases, and being raiders requires special unique skill and ultimate discipline. so those formerly hardened criminals have went through the most intense trained and resocialization specifically for that job because no one else would volunteer or have the skills for that job. they are the special forces.

if you just strap them with chainsaws and send them running into the battlefield, that means they have not been disciplined enough and are still primitive. militaries cannot use those types of people, they need reliable people.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  12. Novacute

Novacute New Member

I like the current idea of Blizzard's Reapers. Primarily for balancing issues, reapers are ideal for harassing enemy units, traversing uneven terrain and most importantly, quickly destroying the enemy economy. I haven't used them yet (obviously) but it seems like it does need more fire power (5x2) to have an edge against powerful units later on. Their 75 HP highlights their ability fend against damage, great for meat shields until marines gain the ballistic sheild upgrade. Well you insight to the Prison Life of reapers do point out something. Though we can't disregard the fact that Reapers have suffered alot of pain during their training regime. It should at least limit their behaviour on the battle field. Also, the idea of reapers using dual pistols is quite cool in my opinion. It brings me back to the days of John Woo's Hard Boiled. A badass Police Officer or Gangster/Prison Mate in this case, wielding two pistols as he slides down from the railing/jetpack. To me the reapers are ideal sub replacements for the Firebat. By the way, Blizzard was a 'sub replacement' for the firebat. The Marauders are the new 'Firebat', minus the flamethrowers.