1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesign 2: Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ArchLimit, Aug 22, 2007.

?

Here you go, select your favorite

1. SC1 Siege Tank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SC2 Current Siege Tank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Redesign

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Redesign 2: Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ArchLimit, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Thanks DontHate :)

@Zeratul11

Okay, I'm actually gonna hafta sorta disagree with you on this one. I'll cook up an orthographic right view of it later so there's no perspective distortion but I actually feel like the proportions seem about right. Two points I guess. 1) Marines are ALREADY in a way, big humans, I mean, I think a marine suit of armor makes him about at least 7-8 feet tall, not to mention that most humans who are fit to be marines are definitely on the large side to begin with. And 2) I never really thought of siege tanks as necessarily impressive in sheer size. So given that u basically have u'r average tank with an overgrown human standing next to it, I think it looks about right. And I would have to differ that the real life proportion one really can fit more than one marine in there. Though that's also not particularly relevant since u would actually stick a marine suited guy in there. U'd just get naked Joe or somethin.

I dunno, I guess this is just totally based off of personal preference as there really is no required or specified scale for these things really. I'd like to hear what others think on the scale of it. I've always been curious what ppl's take is on unit size in reality compared to in game proportions.

2. Alukard

Alukard New Member

man! i love your new avy! its hot!. just wondering whats he turns into? also have you desided to do the request for me?

3. burkid

burkid New Member

its a dark templar, and the thing it does is activate cloak.

4. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Haha, he doesn't turn into anything. Apparently it's just a bad take on what "cloaking" would look like, lol. Hmmm... might have to work on that. I think the new DT is actually really growing on me. I see that instead of being ethereal and ninjaesque, they're now sort of ruggety and almost "hunter gatherer-like."

As for the request, I wrote you awhile back regarding my question of what you were looking for exactly. Maybe you wrote me back some'n and I missed it? Errr... lemme know, thanks, sorry.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

archlimit, if you could make it so theres less glare when cloaked, it would look more like it was cloaking.

6. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Okay, yea good call. I also need to take shadows off, haha. Gaaawd, I. Hate. Re. Rendering.

EDIT: Fixed :D

7. Alukard

Alukard New Member

lol for a sec it looks like he turms into preditor!

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Lol, funny story there.....Hopefully Arch doesn't see that post

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

omg! nice avatar there arch. thats really cool. NEW DARK TEMPLAR! i think you should spread your avatar everywhere specially on battle net forums on sc2 where there are people who dont like the new dark templar. let blizzard see it... they may use it as the new dark templar UNIT FRAME! all credits to you.go there archlimit and bring them the good news. that dt on your avatar is simply awesome!... blizz should never change the new dark templar now.

bout the siege tank size. yah, we have different views about it. its just that i prefer a BIGGER siege tank. hhhmm.. they should be. heheh.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

ok, now it looks amazing. haha.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Wow. Arch. Nice avi.

Tank's the right size ;)

12. Alukard

Alukard New Member

yeah i wrote you back! check it in your pms or pm me your email.