1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesign 2: Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ArchLimit, Aug 22, 2007.

?

Here you go, select your favorite

1. SC1 Siege Tank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SC2 Current Siege Tank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Redesign

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Redesign 2: Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ArchLimit, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Hey realism is fine, but I dont wanna have to research reactive armor, autoloaders, uranium shells and that kind of garbage, keep it simple.

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well "over a few hundred years" was plenty for us on Earth... so if they had the knowledge from their planet of what it was made of and a general knowledge of how it was made, I doubt it would take them a couple hundred years to come up with less than what we have today.

I'm more under the impression that the Zerg's claws and attacks are insane. They're probably completely disproportionate to the size of the animal due to its genetic mutations. It would be probably be like being attacked by a steel tiger. Probably no small beast. Just its repeated attack is probably enough to overcome the tank's armor and disattach its hinges or w/e.

So now you've moved to agreeing with my point that it is possible that armor and solidity of the unit isn't an issue? So it's quite possible that the seige cannon is simple stored inside the armored shell?

EDIT: Also, in relation to a "cheap and light tank," that's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that with a lighter armor that is more powerful than what we currently have might be a good way to reduce the cost of creating these tanks by not adding a second layer of armor because the first layer takes a sufficient beating before giving in. Therefore they balanced the cost of adding another layer of armor with the effect it would have and decided one strong shell was enough for the purpose. I mean, you could make one badass tank that is impossible to destroy but is limited in firepower by lack of congregated size, or you can build a number of smaller tanks, easier to destroy but cheaper to build, with a huge amount of firepower.

I'll take the second option.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

No, you are not understanding what I am writing.

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You said that you think its possible for the Terrans to simply have horrible armor. Therefore you've negated the relevance of having space behind that armor because it isn't important since its not strong anyway.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

I was talking about the material used to make the armor, not the design.

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well if they found a harder material that stood up enough for less cost that consequently allowed more space in the tank, isn't that the same thing?

Even if its slightly weaker but is more cost effective? Maybe the armor's not weak, it's just cheaper. And they also save money by having just an outer shell and using components that can be hidden within that shell.

7. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Okay, I GOT it. This is my answer to tank armor/durability/empty space and all of that.

And I swear this is what I had in mind when I first redesigned the Siege Tank.

See, little did you know, that withIN what seems to be a thin plate of armor supported by nothing but a dark nethervoid of air, are actually a set of three tiny, but very muscular, midgets on each side, incessantly pushing up against the side of the plate with their oh so powerful arms. That's why you don't see any midgets in Starcraft (there are in WC!) because they're all busy supporting the infrastructure of the Siege Tank. That way when that sh*t goes down, they just fit nice 'n snug instead of being crushed.

That's my perfect explanation. See? It's flawless.

8. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I think that the current is fine. no need to take so much time redoing the same unit.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Makes perfect sense to me archlimit

10. WuHT

WuHT New Member

well that'd explain where the broodlings come from when queens attack.

I'd hate to think of whats inside a Thor when it transforms ( the brickish transformation reminds me of Soundwave)

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

former tank rocks the new generation Siege X mode lol ^_^

12. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I really really like the redesign, gotta learn how to do that artwork someday lol :powerup:

13. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Nice Tank lol, i like it a lot. Nice job.
    PEACE :thumbup:

14. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

it would be cool if the cannons were a bit longer, like a nowadays tank

15. temhawk

temhawk Guest

that's really cewl!!! do you have other 3d models?? I'd really appreciate if you could compile all your designs onto one page so I can adore them all! or tell me where I can find them!! Please, thanks!

16. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Hey, Paragon, if you're reading this, I just wanted to let you know that I picked up a fresh copy of Company of Heroes yesterday. It is indeed, true greatness. Sorry Blizzard, but this wait is killing me and I have to have something sustain me for a while.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, cuz I read somewhere that you thought it was a great game!

17. paragon

paragon Guest

awesome. glad you like the game too.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

O_O

I like your new model. I'm really quite speechless. That's a what a siege tank looks like to me.

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

archlimit, the real proportion of your siege tank with the marine is TOO SMALL. it looks gay and weak if that is the size of the siege tank in real life.

a big car and a truck almost has the same size with that. its like you can only put 2 marines inside.

hahah. make it bigger so that it owns. ^^

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

wow... dude the animation is great! i love how the tank barrel is accually inside the normal tank thing. i dont' know the animation of the current sc2 tank right now but still... that is really nice.