1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaver

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Reaver

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

1. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

exactly that would look just like the old better reaver who dosent shoot blue plasma looking stuff but who shoots organic living plasma bug shells that incnerate everything.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Starship Troopers (the movie from 1997) is based on Starship Troopers (the book from 1959) and so Starship Troopers predates Warhammer 40,000 (started in 1987) so Tyrannids were not the inspiration for the bugs in Starship Troopers

3. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

Well back to the reaver subject, does anyone else think it looks to metal like??? Cause i mean if you look closely at the other reaver you can kinda see tht its like some type of worm covered in armor, i dunno but thts wat it looks ike to me.

4. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

He wasn't saying that, he was saying the Tyrannids were an inspiration for the Zerg and that the bugs in Starship Troopers were also an inspiration for the Zerg. But good facts, paragon.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I disagree, it's just a smartbomb. It would be like blaming the US for bombinb something and then reply with; "It wasn't us! It was the bomb!"

6. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Yeah, the arc is weird, I hope they don't scrap Scarabs...

7. Cybran Seratuhl

Cybran Seratuhl New Member

I like the new Reaver design....and yes...it DOES look cute....like an upsized robopet version of Zerg Larvae....which are cute!!!

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I like the new spiked up Reaver look.
    Adds more to the sense of "don't eff with me".

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think they should change the look of the reaver completely different from the worm thing. new unique model for the reaver, or maybe give it a new name too so that we will be excited about it and not be bored looking at the same thing again. but keep the ability and speed of the reaver ofcourse.

10. the new reaver looks terrible you know theres a problem when a machine of destruction is described as cute and resembles caterpie. I agree with zeratul11 and think they should totally redesign the reaver, do to the reaver what they did to the arbiter

11. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

the reaver will likely be removed so dont worry about it :p

12. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    ...But I like the Reaver. I use it all the time the odd times I play Protoss.
    It's just satisfying taking down Zealots that just speed in. Or blowing up a few clustered Dragoons.
    And they were nice in base assaults. Took down Sunken Colonies very fast.

13. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I rarely used the Reaver in SC original. But it was exceedingly annoying when used against me (in other words, a good unit), and it should stay. Since they weren't designed for war, they don't really look like war machines. Maybe they should just do a little graphics overhaul like they are doing to the Siege Tanks. In any case, I'm sure in the end Blizzard won't disappoint.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the model of the reaver is the problem in starcraft 2 and not the gameplay value of it. so maybe changing it to a completely new unit with a new name but with the same ability would be nice. lets face it, seeing the reaver again in starcraft 2 with the same unit mechanics and ability and LOOK is boring and not exciting unlike the colossus phoenix etc. yes in starcraft 1 it was exciting and cool but not in starcraft 2 anymore.

when we first saw the model of the reaver in sc2 (screenshots etc.) no one really was amazed in fact many did not like it and others just kept quiet and was just contented with it because knowing it is very much useful and valuable in gameplay and thats whats important. but for me the COOLNESS and EXCITEMENT factor of a unit should be consider first in starcraft 2 and not the gameplay. make COOL unit first and then do the balancing of the game. so starcraft 2 as new as it is needs more new units and mechanics and new excitement that will last for the next 10 years.

back in 1997 there was no starcraft professionla player yet, the balance gameplay was not yet notice the first time, it was the COOLNESS AND LOOK of starcraft (units buildings attack animation voices everything etc.) that made it a big hit and the balance gameplay came later and thats what made starcraft complete becoming the BEST and a legend among games 8)

im sorry but for me i think the reaver should be removed or remodeled and renamed or add new mechanics and ability or just change it to something new.

15. Justicator

Justicator New Member

The Reaver is a very good unit.
    It has a completely different one rolls than the Colossus.
    The Reaver must back it is simply a very good unit with much balance.
    The Reaver with auto build scarab is the best combination.
    Somewhat it does not need new!!!!!

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

that is one of the problems with it, it cant be renewed, it ill always stay the same old reaver, in contradiction to the marine and the zealot. they would like to remove the reaver to replace it with a unit that can be renewed for every new starcraft game

17. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

i dont think that reaver needs to come back because the colossus is godly :p

18. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I agree that the look in starcraft 2 is very important. But (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) starcraft is still playd today BECAUSE OF THE GAMEPLAY!

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    The Reaver is a mighty unit that I'd love to see in SC2. I partially agree with Zeratul11.. still, im confindent Blizzard will make it a great unit.

20. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    This is actually the opposite of what Blizzard does. It is possible to build a cool model for a unit late in development, but balancing has to begin from the first moment they are working on the unit. Balancing is a lot more difficult and time-consuming than creating unit models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.