1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaver or colossus

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by surr, Aug 8, 2007.

?

Which do u like better?

1. Reavers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Colossus

100.0%
  3. Either

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Reaver or colossus

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by surr, Aug 8, 2007.

1. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Will Shuttles or phase prisms or whatever they have now even be able to lift the huge Collossus, I mean just look at their name and they are so large and tall apparently that can be hit by air attacks as well.

I think instead of the whole lifting with the transport thing its the fact they can tranverse multiple levels of the terrian to get away which brings back something similar to the whole shuttle/reaver thing but still making it fresh and new.

2. The colossus is better, because it has more hp/shields and you dont have to pay for scarabs. With colossi ill never have to wait for a 15 mineral scarab to build only to get stuck behind somthing, or be wasted on a 25mineral zergling. Reaver drops werent that effective anyway most players destroy the shuttle full of its expensive cargo before it gets into your base. Even if you like reavers at least you wont have to put up with the confusion of reapers and reavers.

3. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

4. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Reavers could be dropped behind a mineral line and easily take out 5-8 workers with a single scarab. With a Colossus, you might kill one worker before the opponent sees it and moves all his workers away. Scarabs did have pretty terrible AI, but maybe that made it kind of fun to see if the Reaver would hit or miss. The Reaver looks cooler than the Colossus I think, except for SC2's design for the Reaver, that looked pretty bad.

Who voted for 'Either'? That shouldn't even be a choice. It's the Colossus is better, or the Reaver is better. "Either is better" doesn't make any sense.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i want both of them to be available

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

that would just be repetative and one will probably be unused and left to die, sort of like getting corsairs instead of scouts.

7. Isidoros

Isidoros New Member

The collosus is awesome but I like reaver better. I'll mis reavers. :'( :'(
    The reaver was probably the best protoss unit(together with carrier) in original Starcraft.

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'm not a Protoss player, so I don't really care what puny weapons you fools think will hold back the swarm, but I do have a couple comments on the thread.

One, that kid who said "either" meant that you should have both in the game.

Secondly, the Protoss are not necessarily known for speed. That is a Zerg trait. All of our forces move quickly to surround your forces and crush them with our superior numbers. You have High Templars which have always moved slowly as well. Yes, some units are faster, but quick responses and maneuverability are not exactly the Protoss strengths.

I actually do not agree with the Colossus' movement being so fast. They shouldn't be able to outrun pursuing Zerglings as that makes their retreats much easier.

If I had to pick a more feared weapon to the Swarm, I would pick the Reaver. It is incredibly deadly and tough to kill from the ground without skillful micro. If you combine that with a corsair strategy, the Protoss are basically unstoppable without Devourers.

9. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

i have a off topic question

can collsi attack air?

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I'm sorry reaver, if you read the colossus discription on the SC2 web site it says, the reaver was never even intended for war. thats convinsing enough, that and the fact i cant stand a freaking 6: min reaver rush.....

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Colossus they are very powerful or i mean fast powerful against small units like zerglings...

12. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    i think the mobility of the colossus is the biggest winner for me. It would be really annoying to have a unit that can move back and forth on and off a cliff behind my minerals. It's ability to step over obstacles at it's current speed, as well as it's very powerful albeit focused attack will be incredibly annoying around mineral patches. in contrast the reavers speed was a constant annoyance

both units will own zerg, otherwise i'd pick the weaker offensive unit. damn toss :p

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I guess that in game terms, colossus is better, but Reaver was like my fav toss unit ever. There's nothing like hitting a group of hydras and hearing that *pop* and seeing the huge burst of blood on the screen. Even writing about it makes me sad.

14. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Maybe they'll give us the best of both worlds and mess with the Colossus's attack to say... after the beam has been held on a spot for a few seconds, the spot explodes, does splash, and the beam terminates. One can always hope.

15. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Ramen to that! I do like the Colossus, but I think that there should be a way to keep the Reaver in the game as well. It is simply too cool to leave out.

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    They probably still "are" because Blizzard said yes there will be old units in the map editor.

17. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    i voted for either it's you guys choices whether you choose which one i like both units really ^_^