1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh the firebats were really useful against the zerg infantry and the protoss infantry. They take down shields like no tommorow!

2. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

I really hope the didn't take the firebat out, although it seems somewhat likely. I just like the firebat as a unique unit with a memorable voice/quotes. I think the firebat from the SC: ghost videos really looked cool. But then again, that's just my personal preference.

3. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I'm sure the reaper will be a souped up version of the firebat. I mean they need to use fire in starcraft!

"Let's burn!"

4. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Oh yeah, if they replacing the firebat I'm going to rearrange the sounds so they are that of a classic firebat. If I don't fall in love with the reaper's new voice. ^_^

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

If the reaper does not get flamethrowerd they should not replace firebats. I love firebats against rushes, i personally go for F&M rushes.

6. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Besides, if we're gonna have a Mini TD or Zombie Attack remake in SC2, what could we possibly do without bats?

7. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Lol, true.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

yeah who wants flying firebats anyways. lets just have firebats that have to go around when the encounter a cliff

9. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

The life of a Firebat (''real-life''-wise)

Get in the front line
    Burn some zerglings
    Get outnumbered by zerglings
    Die a painful death
    Become the first Firebat in Firebat history to have survived more than 30 seconds in a fight

10. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

wat if you could upgrade reapers with flamers tht would be cool, then they could still have dual wield pistol but just have the flamers on thier arm when enemies get to close.

11. beBoy

beBoy New Member

Agree, I just love how I could drop bats and mass killing the probes and run away. Now with Reapers I could simply send them to climb cliffs and do the job, saving me to tech up to dropship :)

12. silky2007

silky2007 New Member

The FIREBAT is the perfect unit for CLOSE COMBAT SITUATIONS ... those a lot of damage on buldings to ... there cheap to train ... and early in the game ... a fast raid with marines and firebats ... would finish up anything ...

if u are a experienced player ... u learn ... that u must make your biggest weakness ur advantage ... many think ... that terran players trench themselfs up ... untill they make ghosts and battle cruisers ... IF u r a experinced player ... you would know that the FIREBAT is one of the best units of the terran forces

WE NEED BATS ... NOT REAPPERS Sad(

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not triple post.

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    We need to stop triple posting.

14. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

dude, c'mon firebats werent all that great, they got ripped apart from long range, unless you upgraded them with more armor, firebats in my point of view are not needed, wat is though is the reapers they look like versetile units. And dude you dont have to get so serious we havent even seen wat the terrans have or dont have the forum was made for early sepculations about the game. I wasnt saying the firebats are gone i was just giving my opiniin about them and reapers.

15. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I dunno, the reapers seem pretty flimsy and don't pack much of a punch, atleast in my take from the videos. I actually think there will be some sort of upgrade though that lets the reaper use flamethrowers.

16. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

hmm i think the reapers will be better then the firebats (speculation) i mean firebats were only really effective vrs mass zerglings that ive seen and reapers are the only units (so far) that look like you will be able to get them relatively early and they still will be able to cross terrain

17. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

reapers pretty much are firebats, their just more maneuverable, which is what they should have been like to begin with

18. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Terrans never really had good harassment other than wraiths or maybe a marines drop. I think these units will alow the terrabs to put pressure at mutliple places now rather than the main entrance to a base lol. (Battle Cruisers imo were their only really good way of punching through defenses.)

19. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Well, mass zerglings early game, and mass zealots early game will be hard to stop without firebats i'll tell you that much. Also firebats were the reason you can rush a zerg with sunkens and zerglings early on.

Edit: the reapers shooting flames is not true. I watched the vid, those are not flames those were their gas tanks exploding going everywhere, not flamethrowers, they may have them in the future but from the current vids it doesnt look like they have been upgraded with that just yet.

20. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Ehhhh, I don't know... Jet-Pack or not, I don't think it'll ever replace the bats. Besides, think of it. Would the Terran Really get an unit who can cross cliffs this early in the game?

Oh, by the way, tweak, nice pic, Vivi's teh bestest ;D