1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold New Member

another screenie from starcraft2.com
    Im sure many of you have seen it.
    but we dont have a thread about it and i am a little bored right now.

As you can see the firebats seem to have lost the gas canisters on there backs, and the flamethrowers are now concelaed in the arm guantlets.
    the only question in my mind is, how did they get back there?

Those are actually reapers, thanks for pointing that out, i can see the twin pistols now. and it seems the jet packs come out of the shoulders, a bit like gundam wing.
    The probes seem to ahve been amde a little more complicated, but no really big changes.

2. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

Are you sure those are Firebats? They could be Reapers...

3. Gold

Gold New Member

you are right, tbh i dont actually know what a reaper looks like, apart from that theve got big rockets on there backs.
    if you can get a screenshot of one then il give you a power level.

4. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Asking people to do stuff for a power level is just lame.

And btw, its a reaper... period.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Is it just me, or does the new Probe warp look like the Acolytes summoning in War 3?

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Only the shape on the ground. It reminds me more of a mix between the mother ship warping in and arch mage teleport.

7. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Those probes look really nifty. They finally have some colour in them; I was getting tired of solid-gold floating tin cans warping in my buildings...

8. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I don't like the new Probes, they remind me of hover bikes more than workers. They need to be...wider.

9. mc2

mc2 New Member

What have they done to the probes?? The ones from SC1 are SO CUTE!! XD

There is a high chance Colosus is replacing firebats, they look too similar

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

o_O

Colossus. Towering Protoss machine of laser-hastened destruction.

Firebat. Stubby little pyromaniac.

11. mc2

mc2 New Member

Oops! I meant reapers.
    Seriously that probe needs to be changed back to its original form!

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Dammit, I think I might be the only one who likes the new Probes... :'( NOOOOOO!!!!!!

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I have mixed feelings.....The new ones look totally sweet....But the old one were so CUTE!!!

14. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

In another topic I created for Zealot Movement, I mentioned that "in the game play trailer" blah blah blah. I just watched it again to analyze some things that have been mentioned in these forums. I saw a lot of things that I had questions to and answers to them, however it gave me another set of questions with which I would like all of you to discuss with me!

NOTE: I do know that there is a Reaper thread already, however it is already a month old, so I though I would revive the discussion of this new addition.

The Terran Reaper; A jump jet equipped, dual-pistol (or so people say) wielding Terran infantry unit. It seems that it's effectiveness cannot be questioned! It jumps! Who questions things that jump?! I guess I do! Because after I watched the trailer, I wondered whether or not Reapers could target air units like Marines can. Do you think Reapers have an anti-air capability with pistols? On the game play trailer it only showed Marines taking on Warp Rays and the like. It only showed Reapers fighting other ground units (the Immortals, Stalkers, Photon Cannons, a Nexus, etc. etc.) and failed to show how Reapers would react against hostile air units! Boo! I say! Boo! But I guess it was just a teaser trailer... but Boo none the less!

Also, I noticed that when the Reapers took on the Photon Cannons, they were surprisingly hardy against the attacks. One Reaper took several photon cannon attacks before it died! Could that mean that Reapers have HP of over 40? Or a *natural armor aspect?

* Already researched (I.E. Firebats having an armor of 1)

15. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Good questions,

If the reaper is the replacement for the firebat I would not be surprised if it cant attack air units although they have guns.

Is it that reapers have more hp or that phase cannons have less attack?

16. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

well I think it depends upon rather they are equiped with the flamers or pistols

17. paragon

paragon Guest

I doubt that the reaper will be able to attack air as it would possibly conflict with the marine's use in this respect. Also, it does seem to be stronger than the marine as you said. This is probably a combination of HP (50 or 60) and armor (1 maybe).

18. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    My question is wether or not the Reaper'll replace the marine. The reapers seems sturdier than the marine, looks cheap, and is able to jump cliffs.

19. paragon

paragon Guest

I doubt it. This is why I don't think it will attack air. They wouldn't give the marine the later game upgrades of a shield and bayonet if it was going to be replaced. Also, SC does not really have replaceable units, that is for WC3 only.

edit: in the gameplay video, the reapers had to retreat from the photon cannons when the phase prism activated them again. If reapers could attack air they would have just destroyed the phase prism since it is weaker than a pylon.
    On a side note, the phase prism's pyloning ability seems to cost 2 of something that looks like supply and 2 of something else (possibly a clock which represents cooldown)

20. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Here's my answer to the anti-air question. Realistically, it can't. You cannot shoot an air vehicle, no matter how low, with a pistol. It's almost literally impossible.