1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

fire-BAT, even their names match the jetpack

2. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

the pistols are not ridiculous

[img width=449 height=600]http://www.starcraft2forum.org/gallery/4_20_07_07_2_21_31.jpg[/img]

those things are the size of his fucking forearm

and think about it, if they had to carry additional tanks of gas for flamethrowers, they'd never be able to get off of the ground, and if they could, they'd be so unbalanced that they'd just do back-flips constantly

3. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

haha...backflips....good point. what if the guns shot lasers instead of bullets. I know it is a little radical to present this idea, but there isn't a terran melee unit that shoots lasers. I think it would be really cool for them to have laser pistols that fire a short burst of laser instead of bullets. What do you guys think?

4. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Reapers are good as they are.

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They are rediculous because of their size, I am just stating my opion. I think that they need a melee unit, they will be completly helpless in the dark swarm. Firebats were originally used to raid bases because workers were considered small and it only took 3- 4 shots each firebats not to metion they already do splash damage. The thing was that it was hard for them to raid bases because they could not go over rough terrain and they needed drop ships. Reapers are great at raiding bases, it depends on how it turns out though.
    As for the tanks of gas on their backs, don't they already use gas for their jet packs? And man has made evolution possible, can't they just make them use more fire with a smaller tank? Just strap a smaller one on arm. They won't survive long enough to even use up half of it.

6. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

i agree with indigent. They need a melee unit. Currently terran does not have one. Remember how awesome those firebats were against early ling rushes and zealot rushes? And I think scrapping the reaper makes most sense. Then they give another unit mine ability (banshee...)

7. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Banshees fly though... o_O

8. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

I meant to say cobras....

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Ok, so we all know that reapers/colossi can jump/step up/down cliffs
    It will changes the way we will play and how we defend our bases and stuff

Here's my question:
    If your base is located in its entirety on a plateau, so that there are cliffs on every side, is it possible to block reapers and colossi from coming up the cliff by building lots of buildings all the way on the edge?

What I mean is, imagine you want to secure a cliffside from possible reaper/colossi attacks. Would it be possible to effectively block the edge of the cliff where the reapers would land after using their jetpacks/the colossi would place their large legs by building bunkers/turrets/sensor domes all along and RIGHT on the lip of the cliff?

What do you guys think?

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Hmmm i could see it stoping the reapers but i think you would need a ton of building to stop the colossus if it could be stopped at all.

11. stizur

stizur New Member

Wow. Let me just say that some of these ideas are a little too far-fetched, even for starcraft.

Why not just have bats and reaps?

12. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Or maybe you could be use your SCVs to block them with the Radar Tower as your help

13. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Well I don't know if that would work because I remember 10-Neon or maybe drewcbarnard saying that the units can move between each other really well no, so I imagine if it was possible you could only do it with buildings???

14. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i guess it would block cliff jumpers as they can't land on top of buildings, but since they can jump over cliffs they should be able to jump over buildings as well. all depends on how blizzard implement this mechanic

15. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

firebat + jetpack + mine = base wrecker

plus it will have many other use as well, like raping lings and zeals

16. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

:powerup: for you, Nikzad! Great strategy! If it really works, it should be great!

Against Colossi at least, I think it wouldn't as they can climb up and down at their own pace. reapers are the ones to jump, so unless they're to keep floating in their jump direction until a landing spot, they wouldn't be able to. And if they are to keep floating until a safe-spot, then you could just make a trap-road of buildings for them to fall right across you base, instead of in it. Would be a promise for great laughs! xD

17. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Reaper is fine to me it's looks cool and... cool!! ;D

18. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Maybe but you would need A LOT of buildings and even then I doubt you could block it completely.

19. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

most likely, you could only slow them down. remember that you can attack something even if you aren't level with it. it wouldn't be much different from how you use supply depots to slow down frontal attacks.

but really, unless your opponent will use them often, is it really worth it to spend thousands of minerals to block off an attack that might not come?

20. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

make a moat of supply depots or other defense building