1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

I actually think having pistols is kinda cool. Of course, as mentioned, they DO look pretty techy, which is why they're cool. If they were revolvers or something that'd be weird and pretty lame IMO. But I think the idea of wielding dual pistols as an idea is pretty sweet in of itself. I think I'd like to see a tiny bit of a larger burst illumination per shot. In the demo, it kinda looked like the Reapers were just scratching the Immortals nuts.

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, then atleast make the guns not look so wimpy (No offence just my opionion give it a futureistic look) and add some fire power like what archlimit said.

3. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

Wont be 300s ;( That would 1 shot the sups :p

4. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I personally like the pistols. They make sence. If the reaper had huge machine guns or rocket launchers he would be unrealisticly heavy and couldn't do the flight-jump. And pistols are quick so they are perfect for hit and run. If they were weighed down they couldn't pull off the 'run' part very well.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

maybe they are halo 1 pistols ;D
    they werent anything near 'wimpy.'

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'm with Nikzad on the iffyness of the Reapers. It seems like a strange addition to the terran infantry. I also think it's a little strange that an infantry unit would be hopping over things instead of remaining in a concentrated group where medics would be more effective.

They also seem to play on that intangible desire people have for the use of dueling pistols. They're found in just about every FPS game on the market from Tomb Raider to Counter Strike.... weird. Add a Jet Pack to that and you've got the Rocketeer on crack!

As for it being a ripoff, I certainly don't see anything wrong with borrowing ideas like this.....

7. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

people like dual pistols because it makes them feel like a guy in an action film

I know thats how I feel when I get a kill once every 5 months with the Dualies in CS:S after emptying two whole clips in an alley

It's like "HEY! That phoenix in SC2 uses wings to fly! WTF blatant copying of real life...come on blizzard be original this is not warcraft in space"

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Lol, i know. But seriously, if u look these guns look like blocks, sort of like the smg's from the space marines in warhammer 40k.

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I rather have the reapers use flamethrowers as a primary weapon. So their role is Johnny on the Spot with fire!

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yea, I do think whining about ideas that may be similar to other games and/or movies is a little ridiculous. It's pretty hard to come up with completely new units.

Anyone have any clue as to the use of the Reaper in relation to medics? I mean they won't be effective. You can't use just the Reapers and Medics or anything.... Usually Terran infantry sticks together for a reason...

11. Ghost

Ghost New Member

If it takes 30 seconds to blow and nukes take 10 to launch I want them bombs to deal 3 times the damage. ^^

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

That would not be fair since reapers come and go easy like marines. Ghosts are valuable with crazy spells. Nukes costs alot and reapers cost ???. Thats why it's so ballanced. Besides we don't know, ghosts might take longer to luanch now and might take longer to make ghosts/nukes. We can't really say anything about bombs OR nukes. Seriously, bombs do not equal nukes. One is compact and can be kept in pockets ;D while nukes highly concentrated warheads that only come in small quantities but blow up whole bases :powerup:.

13. DontHate

DontHate New Member

well i guess it's best to be yellow when facing protoss. the bombs camoflouge with the units and buildings nicely.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

Very nice find. :powerup:
    The time bomb does look very interesting with that orange time bar on it.

This ability is going to create a lot of interesting strategies. Imagine you attacking head on with your forces. While you distract them, you sent in a group of Reapers and lay bombs everywhere. Since they are distracted, they probably won't notice you have laid all those bombs in their base. Once they find out, it will be too late. ^_^

15. burkid

burkid New Member

stick a bomb on a worker, then a few elsewhere. while they are busy with the other bombs and your forces, you take out half their economy. haha.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Can't say it won't make for a nice economy raid. I think the 30 seconds will probably be fair. I want a little time to be able to look for something if it will take out my ENTIRE eco.

17. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol. I only thought of it as distracting the enemy while sticking bombs in there base like what ych9 said. And I think that they will give you a warning like instead of "Nuclear launch detected" it'll be like "Bomb has been planted" and a little green box going off in the minni map or something (Reminds me of CS lol)Never thought of using it head on but I think that the phase cannons will be able to take out the bomb while the player is busy killing you. After all, bombs are considered units too. (I think) ;D

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yea your right, its not like you can move in 10 ghosts and launch 10 nukes for the price at which you could send in 10 reapers to set 10 bombs xD

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Exactly what I mean. My bad.

20. burkid

burkid New Member

you just turned it into spam. it would have been fine without that thing on the end.