1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Pretty much everything is ripped off everything. And it has to, it doesn't take a genius to think of a guy that has a sword with super cool light and that can cast special powers.. or a guy with a jetpack and 2 pistols. But yeah Reapers are specialized units. Pretty sure they're used for hit and run tactics and infiltration, hence why they have pistols and jetpacks. And well, if we were to give everybody real badass guns, might aswell all have rocket launchers, shotguns and nuclear launchers (and real nuclear bombs with real explosion and real deadly gas). Hell, just have some biological weapons and it's the end of the Protoss/Zerg.. well maybe not Zergs.

2. the terran dont have a melee unit anymore they need flamethrowers again pistols dont make sense as a primary weapon, rocket launchers and nuclear weapons are not useful in all situations so you wouldnt equip an army with them.
    what do pistols have to do with hit and run tactics wouldnt a weapon with a high rof be better becuase you could do more damage in a smaller amount of time.

3. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

The only melee units Humans could have are.. well.. ninjas, Humans are weak, hell we don't even stand a chance vs most of the animals on our own planet, we suck in close combat. And it's not like you can block a zerglings attack or a psi-blade with your super 1337 ninjutsu attacks.

4. from a gameplay standpoint terran should have melee like firebats. And in a mechanized marine suit im sure a human could kick the shit out of any animal on earth.

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Firebats aren't melee, they had a range of 2.

6. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Except for Rabid Wolverines! I bet I could make any Marine tap.

7. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Firebats are melee. They need to get very close to the enemy to attack. So they have 1 more range than Zerglings or Zealots, that doesn't make them ranged like units with 5+ range.

8. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Yeah well in a marine suit a human sure could kick a bear's ass. They still get cut in 2 by Zealots. Firebats were just sacrifices and the Trailer of SC:Ghosts pretty much prove that. A firebat stands no chance. Terran = Technology. Humans are weaks and it's not really different in real life except if you train alot, but even then, I could kick the ass of any single boxer/wrestler/kung-fu guy/whatever with a gun, so yeah.

9. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

From a gameplay mechanic point of view, Terrans need a melee unit to be balanced. There are situations were a melee unit is needed instead of ranged (Dark Swarm).

10. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Marines are the meatshields, I guess their force in SC2 will be strong siege attacks so it makes it though for melee units to reach marines, which will have a 15 hp/shield upgrade. We'll see anyway.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think the pistols of the reapers looks fine. (at least in the artwork) its not small, its big and like a shorter version of the marines guns.

12. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

once again, I state that I am not totally in love with the reaper, but seriously, Star Wars is not as original as people might think. Ever seen that show on the History Channel about how Star Wars is based on History? You don't need to see it to know that Boba/Jango's helmet is like an exaggerated version of Ancient Roman helmets...stormtroopers are based on Nazis, the Emperor is Hitler, etc.

And besides, since when did Jango Fett have exclusive rights to the jetpack (extremely useful and widely used method of transportation, in science fiction) and pistol (widely used weapon) combination? It's like saying that CS is a ripoff of Rambo because of the ability to use big knives to kill people

13. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Eveything is influenced by everything so just stop. And just because someone else uses a jetpack or whatever it doesn't mean that no one else can use one too.

Firebats weren't all that usefull imo. Because their fire couldn't suppress they got shredded in no time even with a medic. They were more useful just in bunkers or cannon fodder to buy marines some time.

And last I heard Reapers could upgrade to flamethrowers, so there you go.

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

to be honest, i dont think the reapers pistols are that great... i mean, it's a damn pistol. i would prefer if they had something more usefull, like a flame thrower. i know there's going to be some upgrade but still, i wish they had it all the time.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    They have DUAL pistols. Haven't you seen any western movies?

Pistols > Anything you will ever use/see/purchase.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

here take a look from one of the screenshots.

[img width=500 height=600]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5861/ss37copysa0.jpg[/img]

actual image: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8359/ss37rh0.jpg

you guys think those are the reaper's time bomb?
    im guessing it is, tho its planted on the ground not on building and units as described.

anyway i think it looks cool with the timer (orange bar) and better than the vultures spider mine. well i dont think they move, but im sure they will cause huge damage than the previous spider mine. 8)

anyway blizzcon is coming and im sure we can see the bombs live in one of the new gameplay demo.

17. stat

stat New Member

they are called pistol. but they are no ordinary pistols used by brokeback cowboys. those are big high tech pistols!

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yes, it is a reaper bomb and I hope that they have more HP. It is really annoying considered that they don't explode in 30 SECONDS. Considering that they can be blown up. Where ARE the reapers in that immage though? Never mind I found the reaper. (It/they was/were behind the minerals.)

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

30 seconds is enough and fair i think and lessening it would be imba.maybe you can spam them and they do huge damage umm 50- 100. ^^

view the actual image and you can see the reapers at the back of the minerals. ^^

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I like the way reaper moves and goes up and down cliffs but it can't fly... Like it would be neat to just fly in exhange of energy. And I like the wepon upgrades especialy rocket luanchers :good: ;D :thumbup: but one for one thing, I think we can all agree that pistols for primary weapons is wierd.