1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Thanks Kehm. More news tomorrow at 6:00. This, is CNN.

Nikzad now that you mention the insect aspect of the Reaper I can see it now. They did fly down and swarm the Immortals and they'll be able to attack player's "homes" (as in bases, see what I did there?) in large groups.

2. StormCrow

StormCrow New Member

Jango Fett doesn't have any green on him, Boba Fett does :p Back to the topic however.

Overall I think the Reapers are fine. But I agree that 2 pistols don't feel quite effective in SC universe. I would rather like to see a flamethrower or long range napalm (or what ever flame) greanades the Reapers could throw from distance.

- Rocket launchers trough upgrade ?

- Ability to put spike wire on choke points would be plain awsome! the spike wire would have Hit Points, and when ever an organic enemy passes trough it or touches it, it recieves damage and the wire loses some hp. It also slows down the enemy for a few seconds ?

- Another crazy idea for Reaper: They have gas masks right ? Where are the toxic gas greanades ? would replace irradiate if the Sience vessel isn't going to make a comeback.

I have to correct my first sentence about the Reapers. They aren't completely fine yet :)

3. They look the same different helmet bigger/goofier guns and jetpack
    Major Willy, reaPers are different than reaVers

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Bolded the mistake.

And quoted my response to that mistake. Do you see it now?

Reapers look way better than Jango. End of story. Starcraft universe > Star Wars'.

5. At least starwars is original and didnt rip off everyother scifi movie like starcraft does. Jangos helmet is cooler and the enourmous jetpack and pistols are just gay. how would you even lift the pistols. They should just strap a jetpack on some firebats.

6. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Well first, close 3 fingers around the handle of the pistol. You then place your free index finger, onto the trigger. Enjoy your new armed pistol.

And every Sci Fi film has the same elements as every other movie.

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's why Sci Fi is called Sci Fi... it's based off of science, which is (nearly) the same everywhere.

8. Technically starwars is space fantasy..... Things take elements from other things, starcraft just takes things, blizzard itself says they are heavally influenced by starship troopers and aliens. can you not see how looks reaper just like jango fett. tell me what star wars ripped off from other scifi movies especially at the level the reaper rips off jango fett.

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    A small Terran infantry unit looking like Jango Fett is that serious?

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The reapers look fine. Just because they have a jetpack and pistols doesn't mean they're rip offs of Jango Fett. We don't need people attaching conspiracy theories to everything.

And of course SC takes things from sci-fi movies. It's a sci-fi game.

11. its just a blatant ripoff if theyre going to make jango fett at least do it right and have a cool helmet and normal sized accesories. The Reapers enormous pistols are just GAY! wrist mounted flamethrowers like the firebats (or jango fett for that matter) would be better.

its not the jetpack and pistols look at the picture: same armour, same chestplate, same boots, belt, color , the jetpack and pistols are just the icing on the cake.

12. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    So if a man pulled out a giant gun and pointed it at you, you'd start insulting him.

And Reapers will be able to switch to Flamethrowers, presumably from their wrists.
    But Jango came first, so Firebats and Reapers with the upgrade are clearly rip-offs.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    ^Well said, Major Willy :powerup: ^

And it's not a big deal if they look slightly the same. It's not a felony for taking a concept that's been done over and over hundreds of times, or else half the movie directors and game makers would be in prison right now.

14. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

The Reaper shares an uncanny resemblance to Jango Fett. Look at the armor, the shin pads, the shoulder pads. Yeah his mask looks different and he has an enormous jet pack. But other than that the similarities are remarkable.

And Starcraft takes alot of things from other games/movies. The Dropship, for example, is taken directly from Starship Troopers. Starcraft takes tons of quotes from movies. I'm not saying it makes Starcraft any less of an awesome game, but you just can't argue for the originality of some things in Starcraft.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I never said Starcraft was original, of course it isn't. Lasers, robots, superintelligent aliens and bloodthirsty aliens with no mind, etc. have all been done before. Starcraft as a game isn't original either, it's just that it's been polished so much you can see the reflection of a spider spinning a web on it a mile away. There's a 99% chance that once you actually start playing the game, you'll forget all about this.

16. i agree with benoit, and starcraft is awsome but starwars is superior because of its originality contrary to what Major Willy thinks. By the way the dropship is taken from Aliens,
    A concept thats been done hundreds of times? it hasnt the reaper aestheticlly speaking is just a blatant ripoff of a specific character the concept of some one in a jetpack is not the problem

17. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Ah, you're right. It is from Aliens. I remember now Starship Troopers had those ugly box-looking ships.

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    If you think Star Wars is so much better than Starcraft, why don't you just play your KOTOR or whatever and stop shaming the good name of Starcraft. I agree Star Wars is a great movie, the best Sci-fi series imo, but that doesn't mean you could just criticize everything that has anything to do with space, lasers, jetpacks, and aliens.

19. Did you even read my posts

the reapers look stupid on top of that they are ripoffs. Why would a military use pistols, wouldnt they use submachineguns. Terran should have a melee unit keep flamethrowers only.
    Im not critisizing starcraft in general, just reapers (thats what the thread is about)
    I only brought up originality to defend star wars against major willy's claims

So if a man pulled out a giant gun and pointed it at you, you'd start insulting him. What did that even mean? If a man pulled out a reaper sized gun and couldnt lift it up to aim at me i would start laughing at him.

20. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

Lol KotOR isn't even a RTS. Why would you tell someone to go play that if they don't like how the Reaper looks? The Reaper looks just like Jango Fett, there's no doubt about it. That's not a problem. His stupid pistols are. Give him a flamethrower.