1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

Reapers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gold, May 23, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, they would, the jump packs would make a great side assault unit and a harrasor, it seems its pretty good HP/armor wise too, more than the marine at least.

I

2. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Well my point is if it's so good, they shouldn't get it so fast.

3. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I really doubt it would be any later than academy in the tech tree

4. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

well lets see us protoss get the immortals pretty ealry on ,reapers would be needed to counter alot of protoss stuff, reapers dont seem to pack that much of a punch, but i would think that they should have to considering theyre probably there to harass and take down larger units en mass, like in the video there wasnt more then like 8 reapers against i think it was close to 6 or so immortals, and immortals having more firepower should of taken out all the reapers.

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

There were actually a lot of reapers, we may see something along the lines of 30/30 minerals/gas for reapers, thats just a hunch though.

But yeah, they are good but not amazing. They are good to harras however, maybe for the first time in history the terran will harrass, no more DT or lurker harrasment or reaver drops or w/e...

6. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    No, firebats are essenstial for the terrans, so bliz can't take them out. The firebats are the only effective units the terrans have against mass basic unit rushes from the zerg and protoss. They are great at taking out shields, so they might even be counters for those immortals with the harden shields. Also, besides the firebat, the only other unit that will have stim and be useful in a bunker is a marine, so stimpack might be a waste to upgrade, and bunkers might lose some of their value in early game situations.

Considering all these drawbacks, terrans should keep the firebat.

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

We dont know if the marines still have the stim pack, or if the reaper will have a stim pack. But i dont mind replacing firebats with reapers. They seem more versatile

8. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

yeah, we could make the speculation that the reapers are just firebats that have taken a new name outfit and job, thats wat i think is going to happen. The firebats were tired of being pyromaniacs and decided to learn how to fly, but instead they got big booster packs and were able to jump at distances. there the firebat is just now called the reaper cause it looks better they can jump thier long range and, phhhhh thier better. And notice how the firebat was the only close proximity attacker in the terran army not counting the scv.

9. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, i prefer the reapers over the firebats to be honest, i love the bats, but they were too narow in use. Reapers have much more uses. AND they shoot flames

10. starcraft2

starcraft2 New Member

well we dont exactly no that yet, we may havw seen them shoot fire, or it could of been just an explosion going off. But the reapers like ive said before look more versitile at taking out the bigger units kinda like mini immortals with jet-packs

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

heheh

There's a long road ahead of SC2, so they might put bats on, take em off, and put em on again, heck they can scratch the reaper idea for all we know

12. BaneOfHumanity

BaneOfHumanity New Member

Is it just me...or do the reapers just sound like a bad idea....

Much like the toss "vultures"

13. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I'm not exactly sold on the reapers in their entirety, so I can't comment on wanting a remodel. They kinda remind me of little annoying bugs. Gnats. Mosquitoes. Flies. Something. Yehhhhhhhh *annoyed noise*

14. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

You want the Reapers to attack... with their invincible jetpacks? I'm sorry, I don't get it. And if they want the jetpack to blow up at an enemy after they die, they could just simply add a few animations and an AoE death explosion.

15. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Well, for one. I don't think a reaper could withstand the g forces of flying erratically like an interceptor. Secondly, I don't know how he would be able to control it. And thirdly, how would he be able to aim and shoot when he's flying so fast. As for originality, I can understand why you would want it not to be like a unit from another game, I've never played dawn of war so I can't say. It does strike me as very "warhammer 40kish" but I'm not bothered by that. To me, it looks like a great unit that will be lots of fun to use and offer a lot of exciting strategies.

SLAUGHTER 'EM BOYS!!!

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    They don't look like insects. They look like armoured Terran men with guns and jetpacks.
    And why do they need to self destruct? They have bombs already.
    They don't need to fly, they can go up and down cliffs. The only terrain they can't cross is space and water.

17. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I didn't say they looked like insects. I said they reminded me of insects. Regardless, no need to be a smartass.

18. I think the reapers should have flamethrowers, no pistols at all, pistols dont make sense for a primary weapon, why wouldnt they have submachine guns. Did anyone else notice that reapers look EXACTLY the same as jango fett but with a different head and larger pistols and jetpack, the colors are even the same.

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Reavers are giant mechanical worms that don't have heads, pistols or jetpacks.

Gold and blue aren't the same as whatever green Jango was.

20. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I'm afraid I disagree with you Admiral Ackbar. I don't see the resemblance to Jango Fett at all; yes, both have jetpacks and pistols... so what? And I believe flamethrowers will be an upgrade for the Reaper. You can see one shoot off a flame attack in the leaked gameplay video.
    And good catch about reaver/reaper, Major Willy.