1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Protoss and Terran information from a German Magazine

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 21, 2007.

Re: Protoss and Terran information from a German Magazine

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 21, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Some good information, although it was kind of confusing since they mentioned several things contradicting earlier "confirmations," such as Cybernetics Core/Twilight Council hubbub. I'm worried about the Colossus' cost. They look so awesome, I'm going to want to have them in my army every game... but at approximately (300-400)/(150-200) a pop, that's going to be a pain.
    -edit- Completely forgot to address a couple things I found interesting... the Reaper's time bomb ability sounds pretty cool. I wonder if one bomb is going to be enough to destroy most buildings, seeing that it takes 30 seconds and can be destroyed, I'd figure it would have to do a lot. I wonder how hard they'll be to pick out or if you'll get some kind of warning in the same realm of -Nuclear Launch Detected-. Destructible environment sounds great, I just hope they don't half ass it and make two kinds of rock attackable and that's it.

2. Ych

Ych New Member

Wow nice job :powerup:
    Terrans and Protoss are looking as polished as ever.

It's sad that Zergs are still in the development stage. But hopefully they would probably at least show some of their new toys at BlizzConn.

Thor is looking very bad ass.

3. Griffith

Griffith New Member

I figure the time bomb will just be powerful enough to destroy minor buildings like supply depots and certain tech buildings but not enough to destroy a cc. Makes me think of Tanya from Red Alert :p

So far I'm liking all the new abilities except the star relic's detonator. It seems to me that depending how it works it could be incredibly worthless or incredibly overpowered. Also I'm not too fond of the ghost's reinforcement ability cause the ghost has always striked me as a loner type assassin and not as a squad leader, but it does give him added functionality as a base raider so I could manage to like it eventually.

4. Ych

Ych New Member

I agree with you Griffith on the Star Relics Detonate ability.
    It sounds like a soaped up Version of the Warp Rays attack. I hope that the Detonate ability works like a spell instead of its passive attack. Because if it is itz passive attack, it just sounds like a soaped up version of the Warp Rays attack, and it may prove to be overpowering. And of course, Star Relics are suppose to be casters, not fighters. Even without the Detonate ability, itz cloak and hallunication ability would be more than enough to prove its use.

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i wonder how many seconds does it need to trigger the detonation? cuase it may seem imba. like if you see a starrelic, it will be one of your priority target, you need to destroy it quick or else. if you panic and forget about the relics then your battlecruisers are toast. i think 7 seconds is fair enough.

must see thor now in gameplay. i wonder how they walk and attack. im sure it would be awesome.

6. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Well I guess I just wasted a lot of time translating that interview in the other thread :(.

Anyway, all this stuff sounds awesome. I think the Thor is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. So is the reaper time bomb ability a complement or a replacement for the reaper mines mentioned earlier? I think I'd prefer the mines if I had to choose (I guess they'll probably be seperate upgrades). Oh yeah, and I knew that medics returning wasn't "confirmed."

7. Griffith

Griffith New Member

Terribly sorry, didn't realize it was posted already.

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Huh....I found how the Viking being able to attack air units on ground but have less armor rather interesting. It's definitely a different approach than usual.

That Reaper time bomb though...is it invisible unless you have a detector? And also, I wonder if it'll have much use in late game when you have more detectors.

I love Thor's ability! Thor has become my 3rd or 4th favorite new unit :p That might change though once I get to B.net though where im guessing i won't be using him too much.

I still want to know if Snipe is passive or you have to activate it. Cuz if its taking the place of Lockdown as a non-passive ability I don't really know what to think of it.

9. Griffith

Griffith New Member

I think you will have to activate snipe but it will cost very little energy. I figure Blizzard's intention for this ability is that you cloack your ghost, snipe a bunch of lings/hydras, withdraw when you run out of energy, regain energy and repeat. Could be a good harrasing tactic but I doubt there will be many opportunities when you have the time to micro your ghost like that since they are tier 3 and in late game you will be worrying about other things.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i think snipe is passive and has a long cooldown(maybe 4-6 seconds). you need to research it first though.

i dont know how they balance snipe. right now its kinda overpowered passive or not, cuase you can mass ghost and kill marines, zerglings (or hydras and reapers) at ease. like if you have units at front and you have ghost at the back let say they have long range, it will be unfair to your opponent. if the skill is passive you can build 6 or more ghost and you can take out 6 small units in an instant and then you reload again and kill 6 more. if the skill is active, that will cost you energy its kinda imba too. you can mass snipe if you have full energy and a lot of ghost.

but if the skill is active which in most case you use and micro them all the time, thus they will be like heroes against basic enemy units which is not what starcraft is suppose to be. so im betting taht it would be passive. but i have no idea how they balance this skill.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

by making it suck vs vehicals. and it never said it was a 1 hit kill, it just said massive damage.

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

oh, i thought it was a one hit kill. i think ive read it somewhere. lol

yah making it not a 1 hit kill but just deal heavy damage against basic units makes it fair. 8)

13. alucardx

alucardx New Member

mmm... I think Thor can be even better than what it looks so far... I don´t know if Cobras or Banshees are replacing Vultures ( please... mines are cool. don´t erradicate ´em hehe).

14. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Thor looks alright to me. Doesn't need much work on it. I just prefer the somewhat rusty look to most of the Terran structures/units in general, just cuz they look much more realistic/untoy-like. Although I understand that chronologically and narratively this problem doesnt fit the plot all too well.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

why would banshees replace vultures? bashees are air units with a ground aoe, vultures are gound units with no aoe and mines. Cobras are the vulture replacement, and mines were given to reapers.

16. Lombar

Lombar New Member

Buenos Aires
    Ok, if that's the case (Motherships at 400/400 + upgrades) then probably bc's costs have been halved (as minimun) or it will be freaking unbalanced.. just check the video.. :S

17. T-man

T-man New Member

Remember, Blizzard hasn't even begun balancing the units yet. Balancing includes costs and build times as well. All this talk of costs may be true right now, but will most likely change.

18. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I wouldn't say no to a Terran gameplay vid, i actually got a bit excited when facing the prospect of maybe seeing the Thor in action.

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Awesome. i was camping so i missed some neat things. Thank god the soul hunter's scrapped.

20. madmatg

madmatg New Member

i can definitely see it now, terran attacking an enemy base from the main entrance, all the sudden air comes in from the side and clears a landing zone for a command center, only the command center is a planetary fortress! the command center begins to blow away at the evil enemy base while scvs are able to pop out and repair it as needed. MWAHAHAHAHAHA DIE EVIL SCUM!