1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: POLL: Carrier or Tempest?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by ninerman13, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Which would you like to have seen in Starcraft 2?

1. Carriers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tempest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Re: POLL: Carrier or Tempest?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by ninerman13, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

Lets face it. Few people can remember not getting "pwned" by the leet Protoss carrier force. Or few people can not forget their first Carrier victory! There are reasons for this. Uberness :p

2. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

If they are going to change and weaken the Mothership, then they should make it effective against both air and ground and make that the new protoss capital or flag ships, then they can make tempests or "carriers" faster and easier to get. That way, Protoss will have a "siege" unit like the terran tank. I think this might be a viable option.

3. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I hated fighting noobs that used carriers thinking they could win and still lost.

I can new atleast 20 or 30 different times i used something good to kill mass carriers.

Once i had mass bunkers destroy the intercopters. Another time it was mass photon cannaons
    I'm alot better with protoss and in 3 vs 3 matches i cant tell you how many times i had Corsairs rape mass Carries and theres many other times that even you other people can remeber wooping carries so i dont understand why the look of the tempest or carrie is going to make a difference, there still going to be misused by noobs. pros wont really need to use them cause some pros dont even get that far in a match and it be truthful, SC2 looks like it has the ablity to micro better now. Now i'm not saying carriers suck but, the way people seem to be so cheered up at there return is just a bit over rated.

4. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

Tempests looked way cooler and I always just thought that a tempest was some form of upgraded carrier. They look soo similar besides the tempest being all blue. Did i hear correctly.... melee interceptors? if that is true than yeah screw that, just give tempest better interceptors and ill be very happy. As far as i can remember not many people used carriers cause the first starcraft naturally had massive anti-air like scourges, corsairs, valks, devourer etc..

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, they are called shurkiens, and besides, they are melee because they work the same as spining razor disks (Which is what they are.). Besides, the interceptor had to stop in front of the enemy like a firebats distance so it could shoot two little balls of energy. So I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

6. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Carriers and Tempests are the exact same model, just a size and color change. So complaint/contentment about the look of tempests/carriers is quite a silly notion.

Also, I don't believe the "melee interceptor" of the Tempest was actually ever officially confirmed. But if that was indeed the case, melee interceptors would actually be much better than ranged interceptors.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

thats exactly right. people have been ignoring me when i say that. about the model.

exactly, for instance, melee interceptors could hit under dark swarm.

8. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Precisely.  To be able to attack units in darkswarm would be a MAJOR advantage, especially from air at range.

People really don't fully think about the in-game applications for even a second before they form an opinion.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

i personally loved the melee idea of the tempests interceptor (i hated the name though). and melee just seems more deadly when its from a huge disk flying at you.

and im really glad they kept the tempests model, especially after seeing Archlimits one picture with a tempest.

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yeah, but now they shoot lasers instead of melee and all they did to the tempest was change it's name back to a carrier, change the color, made it bigger, and made shurkiens interceptors. I hope they shoot lazers like the colosus and still have twelve! If they have more then I will change my race to Protss. :)

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    they should have carriers be able to build two types of interceptors
    interceptor -the classic laser one
    Shukiren -the melee DT new one
    that would shut everyone up

12. burkid

burkid New Member

nah, they still need to change the name. shuriken sucks.

13. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    ...but it's not gonna happen anyways cause the interceptors are back! Anyone think it'll be the same model though (other than being golden and shoot lasers)?

14. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol, solid gold interceptors that hit the floor the second they are realsed lol. Shoots lasers at anything from the ground up. Kind of like a laser mine for protoss. Oops, I hope no one make Starcraft II took me seriously...

15. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I voted for the carrier because regardless or people sucking with them, not seeing the carrier make the jump to 3D would have been a crime. There was something so magical about the clouds of interceptors released all at once and the cacophony of their sound effects mixed with explosions and unit death sounds that made me feel so warm inside when I first used them.

I'm getting tired of hearing this point. Almost none of the unit/building names sound "Protoss-ish."
    Probe, Zealot, Dragoon, High/Dark Templar, Reaver, Shuttle, Observer, Carrier, Interceptor, Arbiter, Scout, Corsair,Pylon, Nexus, Assimilator, Gateway, Forge, Shield Battery, Photon Cannon, Cybernetics Core, Robotics Facility, Robotics Support Bay, Stargate, Observatory, Fleet Beacon, Templar Archives, and Citadel of Adun.

Of all of those, the only one that can be called Protoss-ish is Citadel of Adun. Change Adun to real-life religious figures such as Jesus or Moses or Mohammed and it's just as un-Protoss-ish as everything else.

Besides, who are we to say what is and isn't Protoss-ish? Blizzard created them and can pretty much change anything they want to about them, including their looks, names, history, etc.

I think you can say you don't like it, or that you hate it, or that you think it should be called a Mini-Spinning-Disc-of-Doom, but there is no way of determining Protoss-ishness, aside from your personal opinions, which are always welcomed, but with a bit of reasoning to back it up.

I'm sorry if this seems like an attack at you TheFearless, because it wasn't my intention.

16. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Nikzad that really sums up what I was thinking too. ^_^

I mean if you are looking for a Protoss-ish name, you might as well call the Nexus... Nashi-ja-walla-ga (emphasis on the "ga" of course)

:powerup:

yea I'm glad the carrier is back yay!

17. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Thank you FlyingTiger :)

Furthermore, if you really wanted to have Protoss-ish names, you'd find a way to jack your brain into the computer so that every time you wanted to reference a Protoss unit, talk about one, or play as the Protoss, it would all be done through psychic messages directly to your brain

18. burkid

burkid New Member

haha. that acutally sounds like a good idea.

*rummages for a usb cord*
    *sticks one end in ear other in computer*
    ...its not working. :p

19. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I voted for the carrier because it is an iconic protoss unit eve though i blizzard gives it a new kinda like what they did with the battlecruisers. Also the way i think of protoss names is they are all whatever the protoss call them transalted into english also since the protoss communicate telepathicly i would think they more comunicate ideas instead of actual written words wo while fklugf;iuorf;oi may mean carrier in written protoss when a human recieves the idea telepathicly they think carrier that would also explain why the word adun isnt translated because it is a name not a thing.

P.S. these are all my own thought opinions i have no proof this could possibly be what blizzard intended.

20. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

welcome to the forums LordKerwyn, and well-said

@ burkid - that would be cool though, wouldn't it...but they should make it so you couldn't tell the difference between psychic words and words you heard with your ears

PS - dude...I dunno if anyone has told you this already, but the carrier is back...just thinking maybe it's time to update your sig maybe

PPS - lol I can see the steam coming out of your ears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.