1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: For those who think Thor is awesome

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by ChocoNite, Jul 21, 2007.

Re: For those who think Thor is awesome

1. l)arK_oNe

l)arK_oNe New Member

Well done mate! Good CS3 work there!! Love it. :good:

2. Tibalt[terranz]989

Tibalt[terranz]989 New Member

For sheer awe value and firepower Im sure its going to rock but I think its a bit of an eyesore especially massed. Good chance of them getting mowed down before they get to their objective if they get caught in a bottleneck.

3. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Very good! I'm using it as my desktop. ;)

4. StarFan

StarFan New Member

You guys know if this unit has been added to the official starcraft 2 website recently?

I thought I saw it there before but when I checked today, it wasn't there...or maybe I could have been imagining things.
    Viewing the Blizzcon terran demo on youtube and seeing this unit in action, I have to say I like what I see for the terran race. Did you guys check out when it used its rear cannons to take out the command center? Just sick!

5. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Currently does not have the Thor as a Terran unit. So far the only mecha unit is the Viking. "Transform and Roll Out!"

This leads me to believe, like the Protoss mother ship, it is still being tweaked. I am betting it will be weakened a bit. This is pure speculation just remember EVERYTHING can be tweaked, deleted, altered, powered up, and/or changed upto and even after the first patch of the game going live! ;p So dont be confident of what you see now and enjoy life and hope we do have input to make the game balanced AND fun! I much rather have a game that is FUN and BALANCED than one sided for The Terrans or any other side.

If you notice the Protoss mother ship is not included even though its pretty much confirmed it should come out and been a highlight of the original video. This leads me to believe it may not make it except as a "hero" campaign and custom map unit or is being heavily evalulated.

I would love for it t keep the Blackhole ability and keep it as a unit to be played against a player in an official (non customized) ladder match and cost like 2K mineral and 2K gas or even 5K mineral and 5K gas.

6. jakjak42

jakjak42 New Member

so does this thor thing have any special abilities i have to admit it looks really cool and not to metion strong but i havent really heard much about it the only thing i heard was that it was the super weapon of terran.

7. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

As of right now it hass powerful directed attack and the an artillery strike which is the longest ground to ground attack in the game. However, its slow and can only attack stuff in the front view and has a slow turn rate.

8. jakjak42

jakjak42 New Member

Thor is a very strong unit i agree but if it cant turn fast thats pretty bad all u gotta do is swarm it with like 10 zerglings and it will take a lot of time to turn and kill em

9. al3xandru_l

al3xandru_l Guest

personaly i lyke the concept more then the one in the game resembels a lame transformer

10. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

"the transformers .... more than meet the eye ...."

Well I like the THOR. I like the fact that a SCV is needed to build this structure, not unit. Yeah, BIG unit.

Did you remember there was a doodad in the campaign editor, in the jungle, where we see a giant terran mechanical unit on the ground ? It was like a giant marine. Why didn't Blizzard created the THOR in the same base of this giant marine ?

11. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

If you compare the Thor´s siege Action shot and the Motherships Timebomb Action shot you´ll notice quite a difference in time and efficiency at a attack against Static defenses.