1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Favorite build in Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by l2k, Jun 3, 2007.

Re: Favorite build in Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by l2k, Jun 3, 2007.

1. JudasXPriest

JudasXPriest New Member

Oh... LOD.. eww ;) Im all about classic

2. JBL

JBL New Member

I played classic a bit.. to make a sorc to rush without the need of baal quest.. which was a bitch to get in 1.10 and later..

and i found classic to be very limited..

3. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

ditto.....i still dont know how weapon-wielders survive in that.....

4. JBL

JBL New Member

there are good rare items.. and you can socket them with GEMS! LOL

5. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

Damn I was really fan of Diablo 2 LoD... and still am

I don't play it anymore but it still can get me excited and this thread has got me wanting to play it one before =)

I was originally Single player gamer because no good connections, after I got DSL I started play full time on B.net

I played D2 LOD mostly on 1.09 era and bit on 1.10

I got these chars:

9x Frost sorc
    8x Fire sorc
    8x Bowazon (my first high char and original MF workhorse before sorc)
    8x and 7x Babas (GF using sword baba and Cruel lance using spear baba)
    8x Bone necro (my fav)

Necros was always closest my heart, they were kinda poor on 1.09 and even begin of 1.10 on PVM and PVE and not quite popular class on B.net but I just loved concept and skills were really excotic and fun for me. Then ofc I had those Sorcs for farming Hell Meph with MF for items and 1.10 I mostly did NM Meph (faster safer)

My most favorite build/classes were;

Fire sorc (it was not so popular on 1.09 and begin of 1.10)
    Frost sorc (playing Frost sorc on PVM is very smoothe and just brilliant to see mobs shattering)
    Bowazon (I had bowazon using Shael Shokako (forgive me not remember to name but it was that Exceptional unique heavy X-bow)
    WW Baba (It was fun but since then 99% of Babas were WW babas, and most sword, it was quite dumb ;)
    Necro (any build actually, loved playing necro even it was so damn ineffective)

Just loved D2 LoD... specially on 1.09 when 'Grandfather' and 'Windforce' were god and goddess of Battle Net and they were daydream items for everyone (GOD I wanted WF to my Bowazon so damn much...) and when SoJ's where trading 'money'

1.10 things got bit more complicated and then there was that construct item chaos and cheating and I got diffrent things on RL to do, however I just LOVED how skills got synergys on 1.10 ( I thing I exploded on my pants when I saw Bone necro tree )

6. burkid

burkid New Member

i had a 8x bone necro too! i just love necros in general.
    i had a zookeeper too, but not sure what level.

7. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

I really disliked playing cookie-cutter chars (Ice or TS sorcs, WW babas, Bowazons etc...)

I usually tryed to play unique styles and it was really cool for me =)

I got some strange chars...

PVP Bear spamming that shock shout (stuns and spammable but low dmg) you could lock players down and spam it them to death...christ ppl got pissed

Dual throw Baba (I know its not so unique but it was quite rare)
    Frenzy Double-swing baba (kinda tricky to play...specially PVP)
    Iron Maiden/Iron Golem necro...(THAT was kinda fun... even got some babas killed on PVP)
    Hydra sorc (when I got pissed I just spammed hydra at town gate at PVP servers (THAT drives ppl mad)

and many many more... on 1.09 and 1.10 it was that time very cheap to boost chars to Hell cows and I got 2 full accounts of 8x chars... I pretty much tryed everything.

8. JBL

JBL New Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying TS sorcs are cookie-cutter, sir you sound like a 1.09 player, am I right?
    Orbers/Ts sorcs, WW barbs and Bowazons were pretty much the elite builds ruling 1.09 back then.

Personally, I do both, cookie cutting and unique build.. supposed I was public pvping.. Im having fun with the unique build and when some cheap cookie cutter find out a way to kill me (I was pretty pro) I come back with my own cookie cutter for a quick 10-0

Yeah I had that one, and you can actualy find a way to deal decent dmg with fire claw.

These are actualy very, very strong.. you can easily clear a pubby pvp game with those.. after a few slashes you hit so hard and fast that you will totally rape everything.

That one doesn't really work anymore.

If you make a fire sorc without ES, you can actualy max hydra and both its synergies and fire mastery, getting a cookie cutter AND hydra sorc at the same time. Yes, It's possible. and talking of hydra.. in 1.09 I had a kuko ranger hydra sorc.. try to beat that in uniqueness, it was so friggen sexy with the immolation arrows and hydra.. hehe with enchant too.

Yeah 1.09.. that's what I thought :) when someone doesn't mention "hdin" when he talks about cookie cutter, he's a 1.09 player.. Dude remember how bone spirit sucked in 1.09? my 1.09 necro was kicking ass with it.. totally.

you don't seem to know much about 1.10 and over.. have you tried some new possible builds such as auradin (a bit cookie cutter but very lol)..

also, have you tried these:

aura zeal sorc dealing 100k zeal dmg (yes I'm serious)
    Leaper (OMG MY FAVORITE!)
    pure mind blast sin (insane stun)
    Shaman Druid (volcano, bear summon, fissure)
    Pure fissure druid with all facets on gear are pretty nice.. with infinity merc you can pwn ww barbs with 10k life in 2 fissures.. and u can tg pubbies with it.. pretty fun too.

9. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

Yeah ;)

Generally Bone necros were considered quite a bad idea for PVP purposes, but when you actually killed ppl with it succesfully it felt DAMN good =)

Indeed Bone spirit was quite ineffective for PVP at 1.09 but with good gear and cleverly using its homing system you could deliver massive amounts of Burst dmg and kill ppl off nicely... It was tricky but quite rewarding playstyle.

I made PVP necro what was quite suprisingly effective vs melee classes on PVP, I used Bone Wall/ Iron maiden synergy system and let me tell you that it was quite kick ass... WW babas, specially noob ones, often use WW at max range, they travel max amount always with WW and they dont really control it so well... anyway when baba activates WW and starts coming to yourway you just hit Bone wall/Bone brison between him and hit Iron maiden to Baba... BANG :thumbup: one more baba corpse =) ( I used this build mostly at 1.10)

Bone/IM build was very effective also vs Feral bite wolfs, melee assassins, Fana/Zeal palas and other melee variants who lacked teleport mechanic or were simply too reckless. (If player refused to hit bone walll/prison I could spam them with Bone spear with impunity.

You mentioned shaman druids, using elemental variations. Yeah I was also quite intressed about elemental druids but however they were just *awful* at 1.09 era and 1.10 they were starting to work out but I didn't have shaman druids at 1.10... one typical feral bite wolf with Hellslayer (yes one of 1 000 000 hellslayer feral biters)

Btw did you ever tryed Poison jawazon? If you builded up poison/plague spear synergies you could got some ridicilous dmg poisons with it... I had LF jawazon with eth 194% titans and 3x +1 javelin skill charms and dual SoJ's and matriarch shield and I invested some points on poisons at late 8x on 1.10 and even when my plague was around 20 it *did* make some really nice dmg... did you ever made serious plague jawazon at PVP or even PVE?

Heh it's just too much time when I played...can't remember all details... I wonder if my account still excists ^_^