1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    If you cant host its because of one of these 3:
    A firewall blocking
    A router blocking
    An Antiwir blocking.

2. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

OR you could just have latency issues like in starcraft. Although ^^ is right, you really should check these if your gonna try to host but I'm to lazy so I don't want to bother.

Also I forgot how to, its been so long since i messed with all that stuff. And now that I think about one of the above probably is my problem since I can host in sc just fine. Any tell me how to unblock stuff? LIke I said I dont remember it, its been to long.

3. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

I can host, but only if everyone else unhooks their internet from the router and I hook my comp directly into the incoming line. However, thats not happening anytime soon. First, I'm back home from college for turkey day. Secondly, all my roommates are addicted to WoW and can't go an hour without it or the internet.

4. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Ahhhh shadow when you said you could host you got my hopes all up, than you dashed them :/ but ehh either way if you ever can host tell me I'd love to play.

5. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

I'm sorry to dash your hopes there.... If I ever get the opportunity to host, I'll PM you or something.

However, I'm not exactly good at the game. I just enjoy playing...alot..

6. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i will join the game as soon as i find my old cd code

7. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

hey, i dont know if it is mentioned in here... but can someone explain how u play DotA?? i got warcraft3 and teh expansion three days ago, and i am so confused =(. I joined one DotA game just to try it out, and the second i joined i was confused and humiliated =(. i was banned within a minute. so if anyone could explain it i would really appreciate it! thanks!

8. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Sorry, being humiliated is the whole point of DotA, or so it seems. Get used to getting Banned when learning Dota since no one likes "noobs" and "feeders". (being on the loosing team already identifys you as such btw.) Don´t play too well since that means you are Maphacking -> Ban.

On your question: download dota from www.getdota.com no one will let you dl Dota over WC3 (unless its a rare afk host).

9. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Ok trooper dota is a hard thing to explain when you not in the game, if you can host on B.net I'd be glad to show the ropes of dota but I'll try my best right here. Oh and like unents said, yes dota is the hardest game EVER on new players the learning curve is a bit steep but thats not why its hard its becuase 90% of dota players are just @ssholes and take the game way to seriously. (I'm not saying all dota players but for any of you who were noobs once and tried to join a game you would probably agree with me)

Any dota is really hard to explain because of all the games mode but either way. Dota is a game all about heros. Depending on the game type you either get to pick your hero or it is randomly given to you. If you get to pick there are taverns in the bottom left and top right (depending on the game time you might only be able to choose from one corner) if its random don't worry about it. Ok now I shouldnt have to explain the ablities they give discriptions of what they do when you scrool over them, and you should already know how to use them. The biggest part of Dota is the item build. You get gold over time and for kills in this game, and thats the most important thing.

There are various shops in the game most of them being in your team base with one being our some where else (always the same spot but I cant really point it out to you) and this is where you use your gold. The item build isn't something you can really help with unless your in a game with someone becuase it depends on your hero (if its a strength hero, intell, aglity, melee or ranged) so can't really help you with your item build thats something you need to learn on your own really and for your hero. Any way you buy items and for the most part combine them. If you look at a shop and it says like "ingredients" I think it is that means you have to have those items to make the item your currently looking at. If there is a price on that item you must get the parts than buy the item itself and they will combine. If there is no price than once you get the parts it will automatically create.

Ok thats as much of Dota as I can think of right now hope it helps but I'm sure its pretty confusing.

BAM text wall, hope you appreicate it :/

o... right yeah I forgot to mention, to win the game you have to kill the other teams base bit by bit until you get into their main base and than you kill their big building. (If your playing agiasnt the night elves you have to kill the world tree, if your playing agaisnt the undead you have to kill the frozen throne)

10. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    To win the game you have to destroy their main building however there are obstacles in your way and you need to destroy them to weaken their defence and to purge their base slowly to also achieve golds and destroying the main building makes you win the game!
    It's pretty a long game but its good

11. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

^^ It's a very very long game... never play dota if you dont have atleast 45 minutes to play (Yeah people win in like 30 minutes but thats kind of rare unless the other team is really really bad) and it quite often takes longer than that.

12. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    It can take at least an hour or so and it is a very very long game

13. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    i just had a great find!

choose necrolic (rotund'ejere, i think thats his name, with the reapers scythe ultimate) and keep pressing F1, eventaully he will say "MY LIFE FOR AIUR! oh wait i mean NEZURE!" , it was actually a battle cry for zealots...
    i lol'd when i found out about this, also try pressing F1 when you use drow ranger

and yes, im a pro at dota, to the pinoys! mga addddeeeeeekkkk!!!!!
    should be obvious who i choose

14. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

hey THANK YOU!!! i am gonna try and make a game and ask for people to show me around, i just want to learn it. and u are right, i joined 5 games and was banned every single one of them... that was actually the main reason i got warcraft lol, to play DotA. but i have been doing the campaign and i like it alot. anyways, back to warcraft!

15. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Hey man like I said if you really want to know your way around and you can actually host than I suggest you get a few people from this site to play with you (like me and gasmask XD) that way you don't really have to worry about getting a bunch of jerks who think your "not worth their time"

16. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

hey, well i got pretty much all of today, and if u guys want i could host a game. i dont care which serer u guys play on, and just tell me if u want. i practiced alittle last night against a computer, not much fun but i get the game a little more.

17. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well trooper as I said in that other post guess you didnt see it but I've gone over the amount of Pm's limited in a hour so I actually can't pm you even though I want to so I'll just post here.

Fraid I dont know anyone else that wants to play right now but hopefully if they do play they will see this post and ask to join. Any way I'll play whenever you want to, I'm ready anytime.

18. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

lets do it now! wut server do u play on?

19. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I play on the east one so I believe that is.. azeroth I think.

20. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

ya its azeroth... i could make the game now then wut should i call it?